  1. #1

    Default MTT Satellite: TPTK

    Hi all. Our opponent seems OK, given raise sizings pre-flop so far (but no other reads). I have been fairly active stealing blinds, but they won't have seen anything post-flop thus far.

    The guy in the BB has been pretty active and I expect his raise to be bluff heavy, given I have bet/folded to him a couple of times already this tourney. But, he is still c/r into 2 people, so that still has to be taken into consideration.

    1) What do you think their range is for doing this?
    2) Call or fold?

    IPoker, $4.55 Buy-in (200/400 blinds, 50 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

    SB: 11,462 (28.7 bb)
    BB: 11,032 (27.6 bb)
    UTG+1: 6,010 (15 bb)
    UTG+2: 9,995 (25 bb)
    MP1: 8,806 (22 bb)
    MP2: 26,453 (66.1 bb)
    MP3: 43,740 (109.4 bb)
    CO: 19,237 (48.1 bb)
    Hero (BTN): 13,614 (34 bb)

    Preflop: Hero is BTN with A of diamonds Q of clubs
    5 folds, CO raises to 899, Hero calls 899, SB folds, BB calls 499

    Flop: (3,347) 5 of spades 4 of hearts Q of spades (3 players)
    BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets 1,630, BB raises to 4,000, CO raises to 18,000, Hero....

    Thanks everyone

  2. #2

    Default Re: MTT Satellite: TPTK

    Ouch! Tough spot!

    The BB could easily be bluffing as you say but that CO bet is a monster. It could just be a very well executed squeeze play if he too believes the BB bluff range to be big enough or it could be a strong holding hand. So many draw variables too on the flop. Eurgh. I'm folding anyway but I hope you found out what he had !My guess is trips or suited connectors giving him flush/straight draw :)

  3. #3

    Thanks PB. I agree this is a tough spot. If this was me in the CO, I can sometimes show up with sets and overpairs here, but I don't give an unknown credit for this, so that leaves virtually all flush draws. I decided to call on that basis, but think it is very close.

    Flop: (3,347) 5 of spades 4 of hearts Q of spades (3 players)
    BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets 1,630, BB raises to 4,000, CO raises to 18,000, Hero calls 11,035 and is all-in, BB folds

    Turn: (32,677) K of clubs (2 players, 1 is all-in)
    River: (32,677) 9 of clubs (2 players, 1 is all-in)

    Results: 32,677 pot
    Final Board: 5 of spades 4 of hearts Q of spades K of clubs 9 of clubs
    BB mucked and lost (-4,949 net)
    CO showed A of spades K of spades and won 32,677 (19,063 net)
    Hero mucked A of diamonds Q of clubs and lost (-13,614 net)

  4. #4

    Arrrggh unlucky matey.

Similar Threads

  1. 2 Satellite Spots
    By Scottieboy08 in forum Poker Strategy, Analysis and Improvement
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 09:35
  2. Satellite Win
    By BBTipster in forum Big Wins
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 15-07-2010, 00:24
  3. UK Whiteout- Satellite pic.
    By jolly67 in forum The Social Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 23:13
  4. Little Imp Bounty Satellite
    By uistdon in forum Online Tournaments & Freerolls
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 27-07-2009, 14:53
  5. satellite seat
    By kristobal in forum Big Wins