  • All-in

    1 50.00%
Results 1 to 3 of 3

  1. #1

    Default River Situation

    Hi all. This isn't perhaps the most interesting spot, but it had me thinking all the same.

    Our opponent is aggro, pretty spewy and able to call down quite light. The only history we have is that I triple barreled them with AA and they called down with QT, which was top pair on the flop and second pair by the river (on a missed flush draw board).

    You can definitely make an argument for 3betting for value pre-flop, but I decide that calling keeps their range wide and lets them bluff more.

    What do we like on the river?

    IPoker, $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

    SB: $101.25 (101.3 bb)
    BB: $28.91 (28.9 bb)
    UTG: $106.05 (106.1 bb)
    MP: $108.90 (108.9 bb)
    CO: $112.50 (112.5 bb)
    Hero (BTN): $127.85 (127.9 bb)

    Preflop: Hero is BTN with T of diamonds T of hearts
    UTG raises to $3, 2 folds, Hero calls $3, 2 folds

    Flop: ($7.50) J of hearts J of spades 7 of clubs (2 players)
    UTG bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50

    Turn: ($22.50) J of diamonds (2 players)
    UTG bets $22.50, Hero calls $22.50

    River: ($67.50) 7 of spades (2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero....

  2. #2

    Default Re: River Situation

    I think the pot bets right away suggest AK/AQ or small pairs. The river check makes it look like 5s or 6s. The question is how much will he call to play the board.? So a couple of ways to play I think. The fact he is more than able to call light I'd go with about 35-40% pot against a standard station. We could always go for the 75% pot to make it look like a bluff if you think he could call that light.

  3. #3

    He's not winning as he would have tripled that river in hope you would call light yourself. You have him....... get it all-in and hope he thinks he is splitting the pot :)

Similar Threads

  1. 10nl 6 max - how do you play this situation?
    By I Am Possessed in forum Poker Strategy, Analysis and Improvement
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 03:32
  2. Would you fold the river?
    By Negreanu in forum Big Exits
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-11-2013, 04:22
  3. Could or should I got more on river?
    By EvilAdmin in forum Poker Strategy, Analysis and Improvement
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 14:05
  4. NL 200: Call River?
    By Scottieboy08 in forum Poker Strategy, Analysis and Improvement
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 15:48
  5. What to do in this situation?
    By TomTom96 in forum General Poker Chat