  1. #1

    Default Banter poker league - format ?

    We all ove a private poker league, so let's hear your thoughts on time to play, site to use, buyins, league format etc. The more info the better.

    Scottieboy has already stated he would like games to finish around 10-10:30pm and I think that's a fair point.

    Any more thoughts on date/time/buy-in/league format/ site etc would be helpful.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Banter poker league - format ?

    The only view (other than above) would be to either have it as a freezeout, or an add on at the end of the first hour (sorta old style Titan)

  3. #3

    The 5k stack 10 min blinds freezeout finishes around or before that time with 6-10 players so don't think the format needs changed at unless we start getting 13+ runners.

    Really with midweek football it's tough to pick a day but Monday or Thursday 7.30-8pm start would be best I think.

    Site I'd go with 32red, paddypower or maybe give sky poker a whirl.

  4. #4

    Sky Poker would be cool, as it would induce me to play cash there.

    What is the software like Sef?
    Does it support tracking software?

  5. #5

    32red gets most numbers but formats s***e but thats my pref

  6. #6

    No played Sky poker much myself so unsure what its like Scottie. Is it iPoker still ?

    Click below to visit Sky Poker :

  7. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottieboy08 View Post
    Sky Poker would be cool, as it would induce me to play cash there.

    What is the software like Sef?
    Does it support tracking software?
    Only played with £40 recently mate. Software is ok but like yourself I thought about the cash tables n they are soft as fck mate! Played 2x £10nl cash tables n walked away £140 up. Played next day 2x £20 tables n walked away £165 up. Shortish sessions of about 2 hrs each. Not sure about tracking software as I don't have any on new lappy yet.

  8. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by evilbow View Post
    32red gets most numbers but formats s***e but thats my pref
    What don't you like about format mate?

  9. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by sef View Post
    What don't you like about format mate?
    2k stack 8-10min doubling blinds

  10. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by evilbow View Post
    2k stack 8-10min doubling blinds
    Possibly the worst format for a decent game (apart fron 1500 chips) I have seen mate. You essentially make it a turbo with that format, with no poker at all involved after 16-20 mins. We know how you love bingo but that's too far. lol

  11. #11

    Starting at 8pm it would be done for 9pm. Scottie want's at least another hour.

  12. #12

    ermm,, you asked

    Originally Posted by sef
    What don't you like about format mate?

    My answer was what I dont like about it.

    2k stack 8-10min doubling blinds

    thats not the format I want

  13. #13

    confused.... I said 5k stack n 10 min blinds. Not doubling ftr!?!?!

  14. #14

    Aw right, penny drops I think. You meant 32reds format it shit?

  15. #15

    Quote Originally Posted by sef View Post
    Aw right, penny drops I think. You meant 32reds format it shit?

    f89dec42491b57a9_obviously.xxxlarge.gif

  16. #16

    Well ye said it after I mentioned the current format so naw Obv ya homo.

  17. #17
    VIP Member Holtender's Avatar
    Moreton in Marsh, Glos

    My preferences are freezeout or just an add on , 2.5k to 4k starting stack, 10-12 min levels, around $5 buyin and new site if poss if not definately not microgaming and it doesn't need any added value. All that said if it ends up a $2 turbo rebuy frenzy with 500 starting stack on 32 red I'll prob still play it

  18. #18

  19. #19
    is a splendid one to behold hendy27's Avatar

    32red would mean return of hendythehawk :) former BB league champion

  20. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by sef View Post
    Only played with £40 recently mate. Software is ok but like yourself I thought about the cash tables n they are soft as fck mate! Played 2x £10nl cash tables n walked away £140 up. Played next day 2x £20 tables n walked away £165 up. Shortish sessions of about 2 hrs each. Not sure about tracking software as I don't have any on new lappy yet.
    Nice one mate. I railed the tables for around an hour a few months back and the play in general wasn't particularly good. The regs are pretty similar to iPoker in that they seem predictable, but they don't need to change it up as there appear to be enough weaker players.

  21. #21
    VIP Member Procli's Avatar
    Tromso, Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by Holtender View Post

  22. #22
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    I thought the recent games played on Poker Stars, under the Poker Stars Homegames section, were actually the best games of poker I have played on the internet, ever. The structure was great. It was deep, and you had time, but the games didn't go on and on. There was still plenty of action and space to make moves once it got to heads up, and I don't recall it ever getting into a 'crap shoot' scenario.

    So if we can organise something like that again, I will absolutely try to be there. I thought the re-buy games on 32-red were a joke, the structure awful, and it turned into a complete shove fest well before the bubble, never mind heads up.

    There are lots of formats to try. You can have a double chance format, instead of a re-buy. Also, if 5K starting stack seems a bit deep, you can drop to 3K with the same blinds structure, and still have a very good tournament, that would finish a bit quicker than 5K. I loved the matrix cames on Full Tilt. This is where you play 4 sit-n-goes at the same time, all with the same people at each table. Unfortunately, you can only have 9 max of course, but something like that could be a lot of fun. I think freezout is the best format, but maybe a cheap buyin, with 1 re-buy and or 1 add-on could be good. ie $2 buyin, $2 re-buy and $2 add on, would add up to roughly the same amount we were playing the knockout tournament on Stars, (I think it was $6.75, in total?).

    I would prefer to play a bit deeper, you can play turbo, super turbo, and even faster games anywhere on the net nowadays. I think part of the fun, in playing with the same crowd and having some banter, is in finding a deeper structure, where there is room to make moves etc. It allows for lots of meta game strategy etc, and not simply, ''I have AK and 15 bigs, I'm not folding that in a turbo structure, so even with 1 raise and 2 all-ins, I'm going to shove it in also, and hope for the best!''

    You can play a deep or good structure, without it taking all night to get a winner, easy. And by doing something a bit different, who knows, we might manage to attract a few more players to the games or the fórum.......

Similar Threads

  1. Poker Banter Shop
    By BBTipster in forum Poker Shop
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 22:42
  2. format my lappy
    By Leggymambo in forum Site Bugs, Problems & Feedback
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-11-2009, 20:47
  3. APR Banter League Game 9
    By uistdon in forum BonusBanter Freerolls & Leagues
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 22:21
  4. Poker Banter €3k Series - Satellite
    By BigH1771 in forum BonusBanter Freerolls & Leagues
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 21-02-2009, 23:18