  1. #1
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Default What is the best site just now?

    Currently playing on Full Tilt and Pokerstars. Are there any other sites that anyone thinks are good right now? I like sng's and small tournaments with good structures. Low buy-ins too. >$10

  2. #2

    Default Re: What is the best site just now?

    Pokerstars.fr has a good few - Ask Gerry mate.

  3. #3
    VIP Member Holtender's Avatar
    Moreton in Marsh, Glos

    I like the ongame network (Betsson in my case) it has a lot smaller fields than stars or tilt

  4. #4
    VIP Member TheGatherer's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Holtender View Post
    I like the ongame network (Betsson in my case) it has a lot smaller fields than stars or tilt
    Obviously I play some at Ongame too (PAF for me now) as it is where I have won a few live packages to GSOP (Cyprus, Marbella, Tallinn). Back in the day it was Ongame where I won my WSOP package when I was with MAnsion. I mostly just play live sats there but now and then will play a wee trny or 2 to increase funds for the sats when I need it.

    Like Holt says, the fields are smaller now as some of the major skins left - BWIN took over at party poker and Betfair left to ipoker.

  5. #5
    Banned dwaynnyt's Avatar

    For Poker, I'd stay away from Betfair. I heard a lot of negative feedback from it.

  6. #6

    @TheGatherer did I see that PAF had closed to UK players for now until gambling licenses were approved ?

  7. #7

    No, PAF are still open to UK players PB.

    I received 2 emails within 24 hours of each other; with the second cancelling what you state above mate (as the bill has been postponed I think?)

  8. #8

    Yeh postponed until December from what I've heard although i know as an affiliate they, and others, have asked us not to promote to uk players until then. Strange circumstances at the moment.

  9. #9
    VIP Member TheGatherer's Avatar

    Yeah, PAF are planning to apply for a UK licence and I hope it works out. PAF are a great company and they really spoiled us rotten in Tallinn. They say the UK law change has been suspended for 1 month and it possibly may get suspended again.

    I also got an email from Pokerstars.fr and they say play after 1st OCT is a no go and no plan to delay this until the Law changes. Only PS UK site will be open to us now and so PS .com accounts will be transferred over too.

  10. #10
    VIP Member Holtender's Avatar
    Moreton in Marsh, Glos

    The big worry as far as i see it is that a lot of the smaller sites instead of going through the expensive process of deducting and paying to the uk gov tax from uk players will just close to UK players. So will we just be left with the big sites eg Stars and Tilt to play on? Glad to hear G that PAF are hoping to get a UK license so at least there will be one ongame site to play provided that they get one

  11. #11
    Banned dwaynnyt's Avatar

    Betfair and Pokerstars I think are the ones giving out huge promotions recently.

Similar Threads

  1. Site maintenance
    By BBTipster in forum Site Bugs, Problems & Feedback
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 30-12-2011, 11:24
  2. Spamming the site
    By EvilAdmin in forum The Social Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31-12-2009, 18:59
  3. Which Site?
    By RankBaajin in forum General Poker Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 27-02-2009, 14:30
  4. New Pokerbanter Site
    By Jimbo70 in forum Pure Banter