User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69

  1. #1

    Default GSOP Marbella - Good Luck TheGatherer

    After a great run in the GSOP Cyprus event where our very own member @TheGatherer played the main event and won a side event we now head off to the last event of the tour. Once again @TheGatherer has qualified and is currently jetting off to Marbella to prepare for the main event.

    You can find all the details on the GSOP PAGE and we will hopefully get some live feeds or standings as the event goes on.

    Good Luck Gerry !

  2. #2

    Default Re: GSOP Marbella - Good Luck TheGatherer

    Good luck Gerry, take it down !

  3. #3

    Not really sure whats going on but the event is listed as starting on 17th April however going by the above blog link the tournament appears to have started already. I'll try find out for sure but in the meantime how about this hand which just played out........ who says live poker is rigged !!!

    Peder Behr moved all in from the button for 2,600 and Damian Porebski made the call in the big blind.

    Behr:
    Porebski:

    The flop came as Behr managed to hit two of his three outs.

    The on the turn meant Porebski had two-outered back but then Behr hit the case ten on the river to double up!

  4. #4

    As the last level of the day gets underway these players are the chip leaders.
    Christian Juhl – 99,000
    Chaz Chattha – 93,000
    Tomasz Kozub – 77,000
    Alex Staengle – 75,000
    Dennis Frankenberger – 65,000
    Tobias Reveneas – 63,000
    Blinds are now 300-600 ante 75, 118 players of the 162 starters remain and the average stack is 27,500 (46 big blinds)

  5. #5
    VIP Member TheGatherer's Avatar

    Average stack after end of day 1 is 36k and I bagged up 63,700. Been a very interesting day and managed to chip up with just solid play. I haven't been all in or even near all in yet. In fact, the biggest pot I have played was on the last level when I had 50k and called a 12k reshove holding AdKd v TT which won so even that was for less than 1/4 of my stack.

  6. #6

    Brilliant G. Havent seen you mentioned yet on the updates probably because you have been Chipping up under the radar as you say. Will be updating today as we go. Best of luck buddy and may all yout hands hold up.

  7. #7
    VIP Member TheGatherer's Avatar

    Yeah thanks Billy. Most of the coverage is around the Sacandies and in particular the Paf players but the GSOP staff and the bloggers are still very friendly as they obv remember me from last time when I had my kilt on. There was 1 photo on a blogger's facebook page.

    Seat draw and chip counts are here - looks like I am in 9th place of the 88 remaining. http://www.thegrandlive.com/day-2-seat-draw-2/

  8. #8

    Very nice G. Let's hope for some good pots today and a nice win. #onetime

  9. #9

    Chip leader at your table too. Nice of them to use your sunday name :p

  10. #10

    Not seen any mention in the blog of Gerry today and no updates via FB so hope he is still in. getting near the end of play and there's just under 50 players left.

    The pay-outs start at over €2000 for 20th place. Let's hope for an update that Gerry is still fighting and going on to play day 3.

  11. #11

    Another table has been broken and just 45 players now remain with chips in a chair. That means that with the elimination of one more player half of the remaining players will make the money as the top 22 players will receive a cash prize.

  12. #12

    Well despite not being mentioned all the way through the event Gerry is indeed still in and still with a great chance. He is sitting in 12th position going into day 3. Top 22 get a payout of minimum €2000 but of course Gerry will, as always, be playing for the win and the €37,500 first prize !

    Here's the chip count and the seats for tomorrow, good luck everyone!
    Name Surname Chips Table Seat
    JANOS KATZENBERGER 239600 2 8
    PRIIT BRIKKER 170100 3 2...
    TILLMANN RASCHKE 150600 5 2
    JANOS JANCSIK 134100 2 4
    MARTIN PECNIK 130800 4 1
    ANDREI VLASSENKO 128000 5 8
    MARK LANE 126000 3 3
    MARTIN PAHL 119600 4 4
    JORGE JUSTE 107400 3 4
    JOSE LUIS CALERO SANCHEZ 101300 2 1
    SPYRIDON KOUKOURIS 97500 3 8
    GERRY KANE 92500 1 2
    JENS HANSEN 92500 1 7
    KEVIN SEGERS 89100 2 9
    CHARLES CHATTHA 86600 1 8
    KEN LENNAARD 84400 4 6
    ATHANASIOS ASVESTAS 79800 4 2
    ARKADIUSZ RASIAK 75500 2 7
    VIKTOR KATZENBERGER 71800 1 1
    DENNIS FRANKENBERGER 71500 1 9
    SVEN DANCKAERS 70000 4 7
    BORJA GROSS 66800 3 5
    TOM CARPENTER 63600 2 6
    TOBIAS SOEDERKVIST REVENΔS 63100 3 6
    LAURI TAPIO WAHLBERG 61600 2 2
    IONEL VALENTIN SERBAN 55900 5 6
    CLAUS GRETHER 52800 1 3
    ANNE MERI 48600 5 7
    PETER HORKAY 48000 1 4
    ANDREAS PANAYIDES 45300 2 5
    HEINZ TRAUT 44700 2 3
    PATRICK ROSSKAMP 43800 5 3
    ROBERT BERGLUND 43800 5 4
    DANY ABU EL WARD 41600 3 1
    JARI SALMINEN 41100 5 5
    JOHAN EKDAHL 35500 1 5
    CHRISTOPH BERTI 35400 3 7
    FRANCISCO JAVIER PEREZ MOREN 34500 4 8
    STANISLAV SMELJOV 29500 4 3
    IVAN BARCZI 28700 4 5
    TOMAS FARA 24700 5 1
    CAMILLA REVENTLOW 22800 1 6

  13. #13

    go on gerry!! Good stuff

  14. #14
    VIP Member TheGatherer's Avatar

    cheers for keeping check Billy. My hotel internet connection is very very slow so tough to update

    Was a very frustrating day and I got down to 30k fairly early on and was then patient till I got some good hands and gradually chipped up. I still haven't been all in yet!

    Here's hoping for some run good tomorrow

  15. #15

    Brilliant stuff Gerry. Let's hope you NEVER have to put all your chips in for the whole event as you will then be the winner lol

  16. #16

    Great going Gerry.

  17. #17
    VIP Member UrABawBag2's Avatar
    glasgow

    good going so far gerry may the poker gods be with you tomoz T.I.D.........................

  18. #18

    Cards are in the air here in Marbella, blinds are now 1,200 – 2,400 ante 300. 42 players remain and the average stack is 77,100.

    Since the above I have seen 2 more go out :) Cmonnnnn Gerry !

  19. #19

    Another 2 out so down to 38 at most. Still no mention of Gerry !!

  20. #20

    Down to just 31 players left and Gerry still in the mix........ somewhere !!

  21. #21

    Only update I have is from Louise which said Gerry had 90000 + chips with 29 players left. We are now down to 24 remaining and haven't heard any more but Gerry is still in as the bubble approaches with the final 22 being paid.

  22. #22

    UPDATE

    Gerry is currently in 20th position out of 24. Here are chip counts & seating as we go towards the money :

    Table Seat Name Count
    1 1 Tobias Soederkvist 71,000
    1 2 Patrik Rosskamp 207,000
    1 3 Claus Grether 119,000
    1 4 Tillmann Raschke 237,000
    1 5 Martin Pahl 121,000
    1 6 Camilla Reventlow 77,000
    1 7 Jens Hansen 65,000
    1 8 Dennis Frankenberger 98,500
    2 1 Charles Chattha 90,000
    2 2 Lauri Tapio Wahlberg 75,000
    2 3 Ken Lennaard 245,000
    2 4 Martin Pecnik 150,000
    2 5 Tom Carpenter 170,000
    2 6 Arkadiusz Rasiak 310,000
    2 7 Janos Katzenberger 245,000
    2 8 Kevin Segers 9,000
    3 1 Priit Brikker 360,000
    3 2 Mark Lane 200,000
    3 3 Jorge Juste 118,000
    3 4 Stanislav Smeljov 22,000
    3 5 Athanasios Asvestas 35,000
    3 6 Christoph Berti 48,000
    3 7 Spyridon Koukouris 80,000
    3 8 Gerry Kane 60,000

  23. #23

    So, he has a couple of big stacks at table including chip leader but the good news is he also has 3 of the shortest stacks so he could pic one or 2 off and ramp up the chips. Cmon G.

  24. #24

    Segers out so we are now right on the bubble with 23 left and 22 paid at least €2000.

  25. #25

    In-The-Money!!! Congratulations @TheGatherer looking to minimum €2120 cash in Marbella

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. good luck hendythehawk
    By _FEAR_ME_ in forum General Poker Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-12-2012, 19:57
  2. Betsson GSOP 7 Online $500,000 Gtd
    By BigH1771 in forum Online Tournaments & Freerolls
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-09-2011, 19:35
  3. Good Luck Jolly
    By Jimbo70 in forum Live Events
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 29-10-2010, 19:46
  4. Betsson GSOP V Online
    By BigH1771 in forum Online Tournaments & Freerolls
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 10:37
  5. Irish Open 2010- Good luck OANY!
    By jolly67 in forum Live Events