User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39

  1. #1
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Default Get rich quick or die trying.....!!!

    If that sounds a bit extreme though, I do however have an alternative solution!

    You could back me to play in the $750,000 gtd, MiniFtops Main Event this sunday

    Its a $75 buy-in, with 10,000 starting stack and long blind levels. (Starting at 12 mins, increasing to 15 and then 20.)

    It all kicks off at 1pm Full Tilt time, which I think is 6pm UK time, (4pm for me anyway!).

    I would be ok with only one person taking up this offer, but I think it would be better for a group of people from here to share the winnings!! (And I think I am due a big one sometime soon!)

    I was considering an old school no mark up stake, ie the investors would cover the buy-in for a straight up 50% of the cash won.

    So 10 people taking 10% ($7.5), each, or 5 taking 20%, ($15) each, or of course X amount of people taking XY or Z% each, which is equal to no more than 100%. (I would be able to take a % of myself if the whole amount is not taken up.)

    But I am open to any other offers or suggestions?

    I would of course cover the tournament on my blog/thread, posting some of the interesting hands for a good old coulda/woulda/shoulda discussion. (I will keep image rights etc though for when the book is published or the movie is made......)

    In case you didn't know, my user name on Full Tilt is Iain Negreanu, for those who like to check stats etc.

    I think that covers everything, (sorry if this is the wrong place BBT), but more than happy to answer any questions.

    Post here, or pm me if you are interested please.

    If there are a group of people who want to do this, then I would like to make it a bit more interesting:

    The person from the group, who gives the best guess of the action, in the following hand, will get an extra bonus if I cash!

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33773172243: Table Lightning (6 max) - NL Hold'em - $0.05/$0.10 - 21:28:08 ET - 2014/01/15
    Seats: 6
    Seat 1: 1MrTFoool ($10.63)
    Seat 2: Iain Negreanu ($6.12)
    Seat 3: BARRETO 06 ($5)
    Seat 4: ONA MUR ($4.77)
    Seat 5: dzfvefe ($12.69)
    Seat 6: reklame ($12.96)
    1MrTFoool posts the small blind of $0.05
    Iain Negreanu posts the big blind of $0.10
    The button is in seat #6
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [Ab Cd]
    BARRETO 06 raises to $0.20
    ONA MUR folds
    dzfvefe folds
    reklame folds
    1MrTFoool calls $0.15
    Iain Negreanu calls $0.10
    *** FLOP *** [Tc 9d 8s] (Total Pot: $0.60, 3 Players)
    1MrTFoool bets $0.25
    Iain Negreanu calls $0.25
    BARRETO 06 raises to $1
    1MrTFoool has 15 seconds left to act
    1MrTFoool raises to $2.47
    Iain Negreanu has 15 seconds left to act
    Iain Negreanu calls $2.22
    BARRETO 06 has 15 seconds left to act
    BARRETO 06 raises to $4.80, and is all in
    1MrTFoool raises to $7.13
    Iain Negreanu calls $3.45, and is all in
    1MrTFoool shows [Xx Xx]
    Iain Negreanu shows [Yy Yy]
    BARRETO 06 shows [Zz Zz]
    Uncalled bet of $1.21 returned to 1MrTFoool
    *** TURN *** [Tc 9d 8s] [?] (Total Pot: $17.24, 3 Players, 2 All-In)
    *** RIVER *** [Tc 9d 8s (?)] [?] (Total Pot: $17.24, 3 Players, 2 All-In)
    1MrTFoool shows ???
    Iain Negreanu shows ???
    BARRETO 06 shows ???

  2. #2

    Default Re: Get rich quick or die trying.....!!!

    As this is in the syndicate room I guess it's aimed at the syndicate?

    I'd be happy to Yay a syndicate investment but the full amount for 60% return. what do you all think?
    @BBTipster
    @evilbow
    @UrABawBag2
    @uistdon
    @adrian1586
    @hendy27
    @TheFlyFifer
    @Jimbo70

  3. #3

    I'm inclined to yay this as I know how good a player and how seriously he will take this Negreanu is. I am open to discussion on the amounts to stake and return :)

  4. #4

    I will yay this. Happy to try something different to make our fortune

  5. #5
    VIP Member UrABawBag2's Avatar
    glasgow

    i actually think 50 percent is ok tbh. think you will find most players these days sell themselves for a bigger mark up.

    happy to give it a yay as jimbo says something different, and its all something we can watch aswell.

  6. #6

    yay

  7. #7

    OK we have enough Yays for this to go ahead. Is it $75 total or plus a fee ?

  8. #8
    VIP Member UrABawBag2's Avatar
    glasgow

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTipster View Post
    OK we have enough Yays for this to go ahead. Is it $75 total or plus a fee ?
    thats what hes asked for thats all hes getting lool'''''''''''''

  9. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by UrABawBag2 View Post
    thats what hes asked for thats all hes getting lool'''''''''''''

  10. #10

    I think 60/40 split is more than fair for a fully staked player. Different they only selling part of the buy in. N it's $70+$5 @BBTipster

    Need @Negreanu to confirm if he is ok with the 60% first though or if everyone else is happy with the 50%??

  11. #11
    VIP Member UrABawBag2's Avatar
    glasgow

    btw. my answer for brucie bonus is.

    1MrTFoool shows kk
    Iain Negreanu shows aa
    BARRETO 06 shows qq

    turn 6 river 7 split pot..............

  12. #12

    All players have JQ.

  13. #13

    JQ
    KK
    67
    Turn J river K

  14. #14
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    I think 50/50 is fair, it should, (hopefully), be a very long tournament going on till very late.

    You guys are taking the risk, and I spend the time and do the work, and we split the winnings!

    Speaking to BBT, it seemed most were cool with 50/50, so if that is ok, would prefer the transfer to be to Full Tilt for Iain Negreanu but Poker Stars will be ok too, with the name IainNegreanu. (No space, FT does have a space.)

    Would be great if that can be tonight please, as I will be quite busy sunday morning, having arranged to have sunday afternoon and evening totally free, so there is no running around looking for people trying to organise stuff at the last minute, if thats ok?

    Also, I will say who the winner of the guess the hands comp is tommorrow too. Just to make sure everyone has enough time to enter.

    Thanks

  15. #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Negreanu View Post
    I think 50/50 is fair, it should, (hopefully), be a very long tournament going on till very late.

    You guys are taking the risk, and I spend the time and do the work, and we split the winnings!

    Speaking to BBT, it seemed most were cool with 50/50, so if that is ok, would prefer the transfer to be to Full Tilt for Iain Negreanu but Poker Stars will be ok too, with the name IainNegreanu. (No space, FT does have a space.)

    Would be great if that can be tonight please, as I will be quite busy sunday morning, having arranged to have sunday afternoon and evening totally free, so there is no running around looking for people trying to organise stuff at the last minute, if thats ok?

    Also, I will say who the winner of the guess the hands comp is tommorrow too. Just to make sure everyone has enough time to enter.

    Thanks
    Yeah 50/50 is MORE THAN fair for you! lol. As always I will go with "majority." I'll send on full tilt just now. Stick around to confirm you recieve it.

  16. #16

    Is that you mate? .......

  17. #17

    Cool idea folks. Good luck Negreanu

  18. #18
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Yup, thats me!

    Not a perfect likeness, but its close.......

    Cheers!

  19. #19

    You should have wore your cowboy hat for the avatar pic :)

  20. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Negreanu View Post
    Yup, thats me!

    Not a perfect likeness, but its close.......

    Cheers!
    Sent mate.... best of luck. We are all Negreanu!

  21. #21
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Hmmmmm, can't forget that time walking into styx with the cowboy hat and shades!

    Thanks, money received just fine, and I have now registered for the tourney!

    Good luck us!!!

  22. #22
    VIP Member albertz11's Avatar
    Cupar, Fife, United Kingdom

    Good luck in the main event mate :)

  23. #23
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Thanks for wishing all the luck guys, hopefully it brings a little bit at the right time! Starting any moment now.......

  24. #24
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Wins the first hand!

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33789445876: MiniFTOPS Main Event (259850563), Table 84 - NL Hold'em - 10/20 - 13:15:00 ET - 2014/01/19
    Seat 1: ChipItBro (10,000)
    Seat 2: Micu I (10,000)
    Seat 3: skitzo333 (10,000)
    Seat 4: tupakkayska (10,000)
    Seat 5: jacpoker2010 (10,000)
    Seat 6: J0kQStarChIp (10,000)
    Seat 7: richydonuk (10,000)
    Seat 8: Iain Negreanu (10,000)
    Seat 9: XedoX777 (10,000)
    ChipItBro posts the small blind of 10
    Micu I posts the big blind of 20
    The button is in seat #9
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [2h 2c]
    skitzo333 raises to 100
    tupakkayska folds
    jacpoker2010 folds
    J0kQStarChIp folds
    richydonuk has 15 seconds left to act
    richydonuk has timed out
    richydonuk folds
    richydonuk is sitting out
    richydonuk has returned
    Iain Negreanu calls 100
    XedoX777 folds
    ChipItBro folds
    Micu I folds
    *** FLOP *** [Qd 5c 8d] (Total Pot: 230, 2 Players)
    skitzo333 checks
    Iain Negreanu bets 138
    skitzo333 folds
    Uncalled bet of 138 returned to Iain Negreanu
    Iain Negreanu mucks
    Iain Negreanu wins the pot (230)
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 230 | Rake 0
    Board: [Qd 5c 8d]
    Seat 1: ChipItBro (small blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 2: Micu I (big blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 3: skitzo333 folded on the Flop
    Seat 4: tupakkayska didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 5: jacpoker2010 didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 6: J0kQStarChIp didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 7: richydonuk didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 8: Iain Negreanu collected (230), mucked
    Seat 9: XedoX777 (button) didn't bet (folded)

    Good sign hopefully......

  25. #25

    Sweet - hopefully get on to rail soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Quick competition
    By uistdon in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-11-2011, 14:08
  2. A quick Shout out to Everyone!
    By PokerLee in forum The Social Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-10-2011, 18:17
  3. A quick question.
    By albertz11 in forum General Poker Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 21:56