  1. #1
    VIP Member TheFlyFifer's Avatar
    Auckland N.Z.

    Default Changing/Disguising IP Address?

    Over here on the bubbling, trembling rock TV is a little behind.

    I want to watch BBC Iplayer from time to time and cant because of my location.

    Can anyone tell me how to disguise/change my IP so that I can access BBC Iplayer and other UK TV sites.

    Much appreciated

    Veni, vidi, vici

  2. #2

    Default Re: Changing/Disguising IP Address?

    Theres a software called expat shield, its free but of course it will have ads on it so depends if you can be bothered with that. Seems like other ways all have a charge of between $5 a month and upwards.

  3. #3
    VIP Member BigH1771's Avatar
    High Wycombe, United Kingdom

    Google a couple of UK Proxy sites Gaz. You'll get some that offer US Proxy for free and if you are prepared to muck about with it will get some good sites. I use one as I need it for my location as well and I use:

    http://ukproxy.tv/watch-uk-tv-online.html

    It's $9 a month or 9.99 - can't remember but well worth the value.

    Free streaming of sports events as well......

    http://www.frombar.tv/
    Pokerbanter = Winner (win, lose or draw)

  4. #4
    VIP Member TheFlyFifer's Avatar
    Auckland N.Z.

    Cheers guys, Ill have a look at those sites. Cant really see me paying for them as I dont watch that much and certainly nothing regular like a series. I may just have to grin and bear it, although saying that I havent had any terrestrial TV at all since we moved in to our new place and have managed to survive with TVNZ On Demand.

    Ive also fallen out with SKY and pride stops me from backing down but I may have to give in as I miss the sport and the streaming here is not great.
    Veni, vidi, vici

  5. #5
    VIP Member BigH1771's Avatar
    High Wycombe, United Kingdom

    The last link I provided you streams a lot of the sky stuff mate. Used to be called sportlemon but it's changed it's name!

    My connection here is intermittent and can have loss of connectivity every hour or twice a day or not at all. Can watch a movie on netflix with my proxy server and have no issues then go to Iplayer for BBC through proxy and a 45 min programme can disconnect that often it takes 75 mins to see the whole damned thing - frustrating.

    Then with the streaming page connectivity was good one night and managed to watch most of the 2nd and final days of the ryder cup uninterrupted. If your connectivity is good then the http://www.frombar.tv/ will provide you a host of sports to watch.
    Pokerbanter = Winner (win, lose or draw)

Similar Threads

  1. Changing the pokerbanter look slightly
    By BBTipster in forum Site Bugs, Problems & Feedback
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 04:36
  2. Changing Your Luck
    By kevin weber in forum General Poker Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-08-2010, 14:34
  3. Changing the look slightly
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 22:16