  1. #1

    Post PokerStars' Zoom Poker feature

    How is Zoom Poker on PokerStars?

    If anyone was a fan of Full Tilt Poker's "Rush Poker" then you will love Pokerstars new invention called ZOOM POKER. Basically it's the same premise. You play a hand as normal but as soon as you fold, you are moved tables and dealt a new hand. I loved Rush poker personally and it has its own set of tactics i believe. You play a lot more hands per hour and therefore it is easier to be more selective in your hands and pick out the premium hands as they come along more often.

    I for one will definitely be trying out Zoom Poker and hope i can be as successful as i was on Full Tilts Rush Poker.

    Anyone else looking forward to Zoom Poker ?

  2. #2
    VIP Member atisjdm's Avatar

    Default Re: PokerStars' Zoom Poker feature

    I liked rush poker and kind of miss it. Got my fix of action with it easily.

    Ive played only one tourney since before Christmas and just cant be bothered with poker the now so this might get me back into it :)

  3. #3

    Yeh, great to play a tournament with a thousand runners which will end in about 1-2 hours guaranteed ! Yet, without it being a lottery.

  4. #4
    VIP Member manyk's Avatar

    Interesting you should say that cos I found it to be quite the opposite.

    I didn't like Rush because I felt people were playing it like a lottery, shove or fold.
    No opportunity to weigh up other players to determine their style of play.
    You had to catch or not be caught and it seamed heavily reliant on luck.

    (Even after reading pokerbosses excellent article on Rush tactics).

    Guess its like marmite. You either luck it or hate it.

  5. #5
    VIP Member kristobal's Avatar
    leeds

    interesting,
    I liked rush 135man sng's and 90man before that, I had very good strategy for them and was winning alot of $$$ but once they made them late registration for god knows how long it became a pure lottery tournies with few hundred players in each sng

    is zoom poker exactly the same as rush?

  6. #6

    Yeh Kris - basically the same.......... in fact probably identical !!!

    You can test it i think at testpokerstars.com

  7. #7
    VIP Member kristobal's Avatar
    leeds

    Quote Originally Posted by pokerboss View Post

    You can test it i think at testpokerstars.com
    haha, that's why I wasn't able to find it last night!

    ... I'm not really interested in play money poker so I'll wait untill it's real money and even then it will have to be without late reg. for me to play it.

  8. #8

    Yeh the late reg almost defeated the purpose i thought lol

    I cant wait til it starts and although i hate pokerstars i will make a deposit just for this feature :)

  9. #9

    Zoom has now gone live up to $5NL. If you want to try then click the banner below to sign up for stars :

    Post in here if you have tried the new feature and what you think of it !

  10. #10

    Depo'd today and had a quick shot. Love it !!!!

    It appears even smoother than Full Tilt's Rush Poker feature if that was possible.

    Anyone else having success or playing it ? I've made a small profit after 20 minutes of testing at 0.10/0.25 cash tables and up about $18. Would prefer tournaments though but can't find them or they aren't yet available.

  11. #11
    VIP Member albertz11's Avatar
    Cupar, Fife, United Kingdom

    Hey Boss, I have managed to make a nice profit as well at the Omaha tables. Had a spare 10 and now have it up to $132

  12. #12

    I'm in profit to about $55 just now but at cash tables it can all change so quickly !! Had a couple of cooler trip under trips but steady so far. You will do very nicely at the omaha mate well done. Can't wait until the large sit 'n go's and tournaments start !!

  13. #13
    VIP Member TheFlyFifer's Avatar
    Auckland N.Z.

    I had a little go a the Zoom omaha on Amanda's account and i really liked it. much quicker than regular tables and managed to hold my attention for a short time. Fast fold option is great, not having to wait between hands is a huge ++ for me.
    Veni, vidi, vici

  14. #14

    3 or 4 tabling is even better !

  15. #15
    VIP Member albertz11's Avatar
    Cupar, Fife, United Kingdom

    You collect vvps at a pretty rapid rate as well.

Similar Threads

  1. PKR poker review
    By BBTipster in forum Poker Site Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-12-2012, 14:20
  2. 32 Red Poker Review
    By BBTipster in forum Poker Site Reviews
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-01-2012, 19:15
  3. Aced Poker Review
    By BBTipster in forum Poker Site Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-01-2012, 12:15
  4. Sky Poker Review
    By BBTipster in forum Poker Site Reviews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-01-2012, 12:23
  5. Devilfish Poker Review
    Last Post: 14-01-2012, 11:56