  1. #1

    Default 2010 League Winners

    Anyone usually have a we bet on these?

    Thinking

    Man U
    M'Boro
    Celtic

    37/1 treble

  2. #2
    VIP Member albertz11's Avatar
    Cupar, Fife, United Kingdom

    Default Re: 2010 League Winners

    Thats not a bad price. Can't see Rangers winning this season.

  3. #3

    Good odds Raymie, but I will say the Championship is going to be one tough division to pick a winner this season. Think you've picked well though.

  4. #4

    Celtic
    Dundee
    Livingstone
    Arbroath

    That will be my league accie.

  5. #5
    VIP Member psooty1's Avatar
    heywood, england

    agreed its a good price

    im gonna go for....

    chelsea
    burnley
    rangers
    current september 2010 quiz winner

  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by psooty1 View Post
    agreed its a good price

    im gonna go for....

    chelsea
    burnley
    rangers
    Funniest post of the year

  7. #7
    VIP Member straightshooter's Avatar
    Mar 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by psooty1 View Post
    agreed its a good price

    im gonna go for....

    chelsea
    burnley
    rangers
    you stick to your selections sooty. uistdon no the funiest posting there was one classic about concentrating on live play v internet , i was picturing ept,ukpt etc till i read later posts, not meaning this in any rude way it just tickled me

  8. #8
    VIP Member yen_sid's Avatar

    Like the Murphys......

    Season not started and it's here already

    Personally won't be betting on SPL as it lost it's appeal a long time ago, plus look what caring does to yi.

    Good luck folks.

  9. #9

    Murphys? How? why?

    I'm Scottish. I'm a Prod, so the stereotypical views dont really work in this day and age, plus we should be trying to leave it behind.

    I dont bet on teams because of who they are, I bet on teams I think will win me money in return, like a few years ago I made a fortune from Rangers in the champs league when good old tony vidmar was there, and I had 10 first goal scorer @ 40/1 won twice n 3d time the cnut hit the bar n someone else tapped the rebound in. Or Man U in the champs league and I'd bet against them to win money. I'd bet against Celtic to win money.

    I dont care who I win my money on I just bet on who I think will win me that money.

    When you bet with your heart your gonna lose!
    Last edited by EvilAdmin; 21-07-2010 at 10:43.

  10. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by evilbow View Post

    I dont care who I win my money on I just bet on who I think will win me that money.

    When you bet with your heart your gonna lose!
    You're right Evil. Think my biggest ever price on a team just to win a game was on Kilmarnock to beat Celtic at 8/1. Celtic had already won the league and the team news showed that Celtic only had 2 regulars playing. I've never ran as fast to the bookies in my live. Still took Killie to the 80th minute to score the only goal of the game as well.

    If i'm being truthful about the forthcoming season, i honestly think that Rangers will struggle to get 2nd, and i prefer Guinness to Murphy's.

  11. #11
    VIP Member yen_sid's Avatar

    Too right Jim. Good post Raymie but yi completely missed my point. Was in reference to the bitterness toward Rangers at every opportunity. We had all this last year too, all the bets on Celtic, and well frankly they weren't at the races. Agree that Gers won't do much this term but will Tic? Personally don't see any of the much needed improvements they needed to make. In fact some would argue they are even weaker than the shambolic state they have been in of late. I have also won plenty off Tic in the past and hopefully can do again. I don't take it seriously enough to care these days to be honest, the most consistent team will win the league, and good on them.

    Sadly we are just not good up here any more. That's the bottom line. I'm all for some good old banter but certain folk are just downright bitter, it's not pretty at all. Bit of slagging back and forth is great don't get me wrong but the silly stuff has no place in my opinion.

    Anyway Lets just wait and see and the best team of 09/10 will of course take the honour.

  12. #12
    VIP Member jockzza's Avatar
    greenock scotland

    no had a look at ante post coupon yet but i never touch oor prem league usually dae 2 50p lucky 15s on 3 sfl teams and the 4 leagues in eng and conference huv a look the morra if ma dentist disnae kill me
    PALMBET CHIPSET LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010

  13. #13
    VIP Member yen_sid's Avatar

    Good luck jock.
    Am for a crazy accumulator on this time I reckon. A fool and their money......

  14. #14

    Prefer a top scorer treble in the bottom 3 English divisions, still to study the form though.

  15. #15
    VIP Member keatsy's Avatar
    motherwell

    My bet will be

    Man Utd/Chelsea
    Middlesboro
    Rangers/Celtic
    Livingstone

    4 bets at 25, and im only waiting on 2 cos the 1st and 3rd ones are certs, (unless Liverpool come good of course).

    Last year i bet
    Cardiff
    chelsea
    rangers
    livingstone
    25 wouldve returned 1800 and my mate says "what if sellic win the league"
    so i put on the same line with sellic instead of rangers and guaranteed myself at least one winner.

    what im saying is bet rangers and sellic and your on a winner, and it stops some of the bitterness anaw cos it disny hurt so much when yer team gets beat.

    p.s. Motherwell fir the cup

  16. #16
    VIP Member keatsy's Avatar
    motherwell

    If yous like my way of thinking then lets do

    Man Utd/Chelsea
    Rangers/Celtic
    Championship A/B
    SFL1 A/B

    we can have a poll on the A/B s and stick it on,
    Jimbo get the prices up and lets have a look.

    it will need 8 of us @25 each and thats us covered

    DISCUSS PLEASE

  17. #17

    im still kinda new to the whole betting bit so let me get this right.....

    8 people @25 per head = 200. 4 bets@ 50 per bet with 1 team from each champinship n sfl1?

    is that right?

  18. #18

    For your idea Keatsy, the best looking bookie appears to be Hills who are:

    Chelsea 13/8, Man.U 5/2
    Celtic 8/11, Rangers, Evns

    On a personal note i couldn't get involved as i think (head not heart) that Rangers don't have a hope and that Man.City will win the premiership.

    Man City because:

    Their 2 goalkeepers are the best in the league
    Their midfield is the best in the league
    They will probably buy the best attack in the league
    They have the most money
    They have the best and biggest squad

    I think they will gel a lot better this year and take the honours.

  19. #19
    VIP Member straightshooter's Avatar
    Mar 2010

    keatsy, because of the prices on the old firm 8/11celtic 1/1 rangers , you only run the risk off loosing money by including them , hope i can explain this clearly ,if you use the 2 off them you are using 50pounds to place 2-25 bets so lets say chelsea 13/8 midd 6/1 and livingston 13/8 have won you have 1205 going on to the old firm 2 25 accas the 50 treble would return you 2410 but youve split it 1205 on rangers returns you to your 2410 , but of celtic win 8/11 you have 1205 on them and return 2082 so you lost over 300 and couldent ever gain from either ,if manutd won in the treble the loss would be even greater . using manutd and chelsea is a good idea and profitable as there both odds against.

  20. #20
    VIP Member keatsy's Avatar
    motherwell

    ok mate i see what your saying but what i meant was i bet 25 on my 4 results which was paying 2000

    i thought for another 25 and puting celtic in instead of rangers im getting the same amount back..

    i wasnt thinking about a 50 line.... it was only ever a 25 line but for the sake of doubling it for the odds i was getting i thought it was a good bet

  21. #21

    Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
    keatsy, because of the prices on the old firm 8/11celtic 1/1 rangers , you only run the risk off loosing money by including them , hope i can explain this clearly ,if you use the 2 off them you are using 50pounds to place 2-25 bets so lets say chelsea 13/8 midd 6/1 and livingston 13/8 have won you have 1205 going on to the old firm 2 25 accas the 50 treble would return you 2410 but youve split it 1205 on rangers returns you to your 2410 , but of celtic win 8/11 you have 1205 on them and return 2082 so you lost over 300 and couldent ever gain from either ,if manutd won in the treble the loss would be even greater . using manutd and chelsea is a good idea and profitable as there both odds against.

    Was gonna say the same yesterday. Much better to just put 2x50 bets and more profitable...... not to mention taking out the risk when Celtic/Rangers both fail to win the league !