User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 150

  1. #1

    Default What are you watching ?

    Anyone watched any good films recently?

    I'll recommend two i've watched recently, District 9 and Inglourious Basterds.

    District 9 - Kinda weird to start off with as you don't really know what's going on, starts off in the style of a documentary but after about 20 minutes it gets really good. Not a big budget film and it shows but it would give big budget blockbusters a run for their money. It's all about aliens coming and being stranded on earth, they're all put into a slum called District 9 and ruled with an iron fist. Can't really say any more than that or i'll spoil it.

    Inglourious Basterds - Typical Tarantino movie and thought it was awesome. More of a guys film but with Brad Pitt in it, i'm sure the girlies would enjoy it too. Pitt is outstanding in it and some of the lines his character has are hilarious. It's all about a group of Jewish soldiers "The Basterds" who are out for revenge against the Nazi's and set out to scalp and set about as many as possible. Definitely worth watching if you get the chance.

    So what you got for me? Looking to "get" something for tonight.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Recommend me a film

    Road Trip Beer Pong
    Van Wilder Freshman Year
    Crank High Voltage

  3. #3

    the invention of lying looks quite funny.

    sorority row looks a decent thriller

    heard gamer is good

    aint seen any yet but thats 3 im gona watch when i get a chance

  4. #4
    Member Forgotten's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by uistdon View Post
    Road Trip Beer Pong
    Van Wilder Freshman Year
    Crank High Voltage
    Thought the first one was quality so think i'll grab this one the now.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    VIP Member TheFlyFifer's Avatar
    Auckland N.Z.

    I thought Austrailia was good - i am biased - but its not what you think its gonna be like.

    How to loose friends and alienate people wasnt bad - if you like simon pegg.

    Rightous Kill - de niro and pacino, is worth a look.

    None of these are brand new tho.

    agree with sef - Gamer looks good and another film with the same guy is law abiding citizen that also looks good.
    Veni, vidi, vici

  8. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyFifer View Post
    I thought Austrailia was good - i am biased - but its not what you think its gonna be like.

    How to loose friends and alienate people wasnt bad - if you like simon pegg.

    Rightous Kill - de niro and pacino, is worth a look.

    None of these are brand new tho.

    agree with sef - Gamer looks good and another film with the same guy is law abiding citizen that also looks good.
    aye i enjoyed that wan tae.

    also if you aint seen gran tourino yet thats a good movie

    Booty call is funny its an older film but if you get a chance watch it.

  9. #9
    VIP Member TheFlyFifer's Avatar
    Auckland N.Z.

    yeah i liked gran torino but im an Eastwood fan at heart
    Veni, vidi, vici

  10. #10
    is just beginning his journey here deMONKEY's Avatar
    Sep 2009

    The Departed...directed by Martin Scorsese.
    This one was out in 2006 but slipped under my radar, until very recently. It's a classy thriller in my opinion and well worth a watch.

  11. #11
    VIP Member tonyb1979's Avatar
    Feb 2009
    Location
    newtoft lincolnshire

    gamer is a good film the final destination is ok but not as good as others
    agree with you about gran torino im not a eastwood fan but loved this film
    dont just say it do it

  12. #12

    mum and dad
    the skeleton key
    the happening
    the hangover

  13. #13

    Aye The Departed is a quality film, remake of Internal (?) Affairs.

    If you're into your horrors Chase, watch Rec (the Spanish subtitled version). Brilliant film, the tension builds really well and has a harrowing ending

  14. #14

    Yeh [REC] is good, not seen the English version "quarantine", but looks like a straight copy so might be better than subtitles.

  15. #15
    Banned Boab's Avatar

    try behind the banners only 40 mins but i was surprised about it all history i knew but in good but not for celtic fans

  16. #16

    Watched Sorority Row last night and i have to say that as far as Horror/Slashers go this is one of the poorer ones. Pity, because the storyline had a good base to start from but it all went downhill.

  17. #17

    im gonna watch twilight tonight.... anyone seen it?

  18. #18
    VIP Member Burny's Avatar
    Kilmarnock

    hackers is a good film
    I love my jazz hands!

  19. #19
    Member Forgotten's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by sef View Post
    im gonna watch twilight tonight.... anyone seen it?
    Aye mate. Was ok but more of a love story than anything. The girl loved it. I'm sure you'll shed a few tears to yourself too.

  20. #20
    Member Forgotten's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Burny View Post
    hackers is a good film

  21. #21
    Member Forgotten's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by uistdon View Post
    Van Wilder Freshman Year
    Watched this last night.

    Average film but OUTSTANDING content!!! :drool::drool:

    Don't think i've seen so much TnA in a movie ever.

  22. #22
    VIP Member RoFoAA's Avatar
    Spain

    An excellent "old" film well worth watching is Falling Down. Michael Douglas stars and is superb as a man losing it and going on a rampage across LA. Some vry funny moments.
    They called it Poker becase the word "Fuck!" was taken.

  23. #23

    It was on tv here last nite rorro

  24. #24
    VIP Member RoFoAA's Avatar
    Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by uistdon View Post
    It was on tv here last nite rorro
    Aww damn, woud love to see it again!
    What channel was it on? I have Sky over here in Spain.
    They called it Poker becase the word "Fuck!" was taken.

  25. #25

    ITV2 I think or maybe it was sunday nite it was on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast