User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 126 to 150 of 150

  1. #1

    Default What are you watching ?

    Anyone watched any good films recently?

    I'll recommend two i've watched recently, District 9 and Inglourious Basterds.

    District 9 - Kinda weird to start off with as you don't really know what's going on, starts off in the style of a documentary but after about 20 minutes it gets really good. Not a big budget film and it shows but it would give big budget blockbusters a run for their money. It's all about aliens coming and being stranded on earth, they're all put into a slum called District 9 and ruled with an iron fist. Can't really say any more than that or i'll spoil it.

    Inglourious Basterds - Typical Tarantino movie and thought it was awesome. More of a guys film but with Brad Pitt in it, i'm sure the girlies would enjoy it too. Pitt is outstanding in it and some of the lines his character has are hilarious. It's all about a group of Jewish soldiers "The Basterds" who are out for revenge against the Nazi's and set out to scalp and set about as many as possible. Definitely worth watching if you get the chance.

    So what you got for me? Looking to "get" something for tonight.

  2. #126
    is a glorious beacon of light teaulc's Avatar

    Default Re: Recommend me a film

    if you dont mind sub titled martial art films, this is very good.
    Reign of Assassins

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1460743/

  3. #127
    VIP Member manyk's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyb1979 View Post
    watched the social network last night and i must say i thought it was a very good watch really enjoyed it
    I wanted to see this,
    but still looking for a non streaming, non torrent backup link, or a good link locator, any recomendations.

  4. #128
    VIP Member yen_sid's Avatar

    Four Lions, hilarious.

  5. #129
    Member of the Year 2009 DAN DAN's Avatar
    Ayrshire

    Quote Originally Posted by yen_sid View Post
    Four Lions, hilarious.

    A matter of opinion!
    "Take a dirty picture for me, just send a dirty picture!"

  6. #130
    VIP Member yen_sid's Avatar

    You only watched 25% Mrs, it starts slow, brilliant film.

  7. #131

    Not films but DVDs i got today....... John Bishop elvis has left the building, Ricky Gervais Science and Jimmy Carr making people laugh... anyone seen them yet??? The 3 of them are comedy genius so reckon they are gonna be really good.

  8. #132

  9. #133

    John bishop is an @rse o

    Jimmy Carr one hilarious rips pish out 3 we boys in front row.

    Gervais one superb should see him do impression of autograph hunter couldnt move

    Frankie Boyles new on on ipt

    and gotta download this one

    Rhod.Gilbert.And.The.Cat.That.Looked.Like.Nicholas .Lyndhurst

  10. #134

    Frankie Boyle was utter genius - the man has no boundaries

  11. #135

    aye i like frankie boyle and rod gilbert, wil get them tae..... john bishop is hilarious

  12. #136

    Well on Thursday we are getting our brand new HD 3dTV 50" plasma with 3d blu-ray player and extras coming....... so will be films a plenty getting watched. There's not that much out their in 3-d but next year the 3-d bluray market is going to kick in.

    Ordered A Christmas Carol and also Resident Evil:Afterlife, both on the old 3-d.

    Cannae wait !!!!!!!!!!!

  13. #137

    Nice one mate

  14. #138

    Very nice mate, just hope 3-D blueray isn't another Betamax version

  15. #139
    VIP Member albertz11's Avatar
    Cupar, Fife, United Kingdom

    Quote Originally Posted by pokerboss View Post
    Well on Thursday we are getting our brand new HD 3dTV 50" plasma with 3d blu-ray player and extras coming....... so will be films a plenty getting watched. There's not that much out their in 3-d but next year the 3-d bluray market is going to kick in.

    Ordered A Christmas Carol and also Resident Evil:Afterlife, both on the old 3-d.

    Cannae wait !!!!!!!!!!!
    Holly crap. When did u win WSOP?

  16. #140

    Bit of haggling from 977 down to 805 with free delivery :) TV, 3d Blu ray player, cables and shrek 1,2,3 & 4 thrown in.

    :)

  17. #141

    Default Re: What are you watching ?

    How ye getting on way the 3D TV bud?

    Did ye suffer sore heads at first? Thinkin on buying one myself

  18. #142

    No sore heads really, but sometimes it "feels" a bit weird and like you cant focus until you get used to it.

    Seems every 2nd film that comes out now is in 3-d whereas when i first bought it there were hardly any !! Also nice to see the torrents starting to build up with a 3d catalogue and they are almost always freeleech :)

    Well worth it, and you can even upscale ordinary programs into 3-d although the effect isnt as good but still heightens the feel of a film when its a good actio etc.

    Best ive seen so far is Avatar which was awesome. Played Call of Duty in 3d and it was just weird but may give it another go as i only played 3d for about 10 minutes.

    Do your research too to see whether to get an active or a passive set. Passive glasses are cheaper but looks like the future is Active 3d.

  19. #143

    Buy a Passive 3D TV if…
    You mainly intend on watching 3D animation movies with your kids.
    You want to host 3D sports parties and invite your mates.
    If you intend to buy a relatively small 3D TV (42 inches or less).
    Buy an Active Shutter 3D TV if…
    You're a film fan who wants to see movies in the highest possible resolution.
    If you plan on kicking back and watching sports on your own.
    If you plan on buying a large screen 3D TV (46 inches or bigger).

    Took the above from this comparison :

    http://3dradar.techradar.com/3d-tech...est-24-05-2011

    It really depends on what you want from your viewing. People seem to like passive because the glasses are cheap and lighter, but active are starting to bring out cheaper and lighter glasses all the time. Just depends on whether you want quality or comfort and ease ?

  20. #144
    VIP Member TheFlyFifer's Avatar
    Auckland N.Z.

    Never really got into the whole 3d thing, one of my eyes is not as good as the other and im colour blind with red and green (Supposedly) so the whole effect is wasted on me and lookig through those old glasses when you were a kiddo just didnt do it..
    Best 3d effect i ever has was after dropping acid as a kid, bring that effect back at your leisure.
    Veni, vidi, vici

  21. #145

    Watched Dark Skies lately and thought it was very, very good. Chilling and a new spin on an old story.

    Kind of same chills as when watching films like paranormal activity although its a different film altogether really.

    Well worth a watch !

  22. #146

    I'm currently engrossed in 24.

    Jack Bauer is the man! Watched Series 1-2-3 and upto episode 20 on series 4 😃

  23. #147
    VIP Member TheFlyFifer's Avatar
    Auckland N.Z.

    I have series 7+8 to watch - will need a quiet month of nightshift to manage that.

    Currently been working our way through Breaking Bad - which is brilliant.
    We watched all of Sons of Anarchy which I also really enjoyed

    Ive just downloaded 9 episodes of the 3rd series of Game of thrones - so thats next on the list.

    I Downloaded some of Frankie Boyle's live standup shows - 3 in total I managed to find and I nearly suffocated I was laughing to hard.
    Veni, vidi, vici

  24. #148

    Been to the cinema to see a few good films lately. Today I saw Devil's Due which I have to admit was rather good. One of the old "hand held camera" jobs in thye vein of Paranormal Activity, but a better storyline. Speaking of paranormal activity I also saw PA : The Marked Ones - totally rubbish in my opinion and they have lost the plot with the script. Started off as a brilliant ghost story and now that it's just old witches it has lost the horror factor and now just throwing out sequels to milk money. Not scary at all this time.

    Also lately watched Bad Grandpa from the makers of the TV show Jackass. That was probably the best comedy I've seen in a long time and hope they make a sequel.

  25. #149

    Not watched it yet but I have The Secret Life of Walter Mitty to watch. Anyone seen it? Went to cinema to see Frozen just before xmas with Ben n it was well good. :)

    Also i'm sure most of you will be as excited as I am about the new Robocop coming out on 7th Feb!

  26. #150

    The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - excellent wee story once it gets going

    Rush - A must watch for ant F1 fans

    Last Vegas - brilliant hilarious must see

    The Wolf of Wall Street - best film I've seen in ages

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456