Golf Tips and Previews

June 3, 2014

Lyoness Open 2014 Golf Tips

Share

Lyoness Open 2014 Golf Tips

Welcome to our Lyoness Open 2014 Golf Tips. We are in top form now after LAST WEEKS WINNING GOLF TIPS saw us grab a 2nd place in the European Tour & also a 66/1 WINNER on the PGA Tour as Hideki Matsuyama finally gave us a huge return. If this weeks free golf betting tips can match that return we will all be singing in the Karaoke bars come Sunday night !

This week we are looking at the Lyoness Open 2014 Golf Tips & it’s an event in which we managed to TIP THE WINNER last year when Joost Luiten shot 17 under par for a 2 stroke victory. The signs are looking promising for our golf tips this week, but of course, it’s never easy in fields of over 150 players to regularly pick winning players.

Lyoness Open 2014 Golf Tips

Lyoness Open 2014 Golf Tips

Island Greens aplenty !

The course itself is a tricky par 72 measuring in at 7,433 yards. The players who do well here will be those who can stay accurate.  Last year Joost Luiten won with a score of 17 under par and so we can look again at the players who score low regularly.

With very tight, unforgiving fairways and water featuring on many of the holes (including a few island greens) it is absolutely imperative that our players can keep it straight and not be dropping needless shots. So we will focus on accuracy and players who can plot their way around the course.

Austria is not known for it’s golfing talents but we have to look at top player Bernd Weisberger who is the most notable “local” player.

The field isn’t brilliant as a lot of the top names are already focusing on the U.S Open which is just a fortnight away. We do however welcome Joost Luiten back and also our BonusBanter favourite player Miguel Jiminez to give us some quality in a sparse field. Of course, big odds are always welcomed when the big names are absent.

Lyoness Open 2104 Golf Tips

We would love to tip Joost Luiten again as he obviously has a great chance but at 6/1 in a field of 150 players, that just is no value at all. Jiminez & Weisberger at 9/1 & 7/1 respectively must also, sadly, be dismissed as we hunt for better value down the field.

  • Eduardo De La Riva @ 40/1 – Eduardo really does have the best straight hitting game in the field. In decent form with no missed cuts since February.
  • Romain Wattel @ 16/1 – Coming into this with great form after an 11th last week at Nordea. Romain is hot with the putter & driving as straight as you like. Short odds but in this field we can see hi right up their all the way.
  • Simon Wakefield @ 100/1 – We tipped him last week due to his suitable stats and we are going for him again this year. He is due us a return !!
  • Keith Horne @ 100/1 – With 5 wins on the South African Sunshine Tour he is worth considering. He is in fine form and has played here once before with a 36th place finish. Has the game to tame the course if his putter can get hot.

longshot bet

Philip Archer @ 175/1

Lyoness Open Golf Longshot

Playing well on the challenge tour lately but this guy is a straight hitting machine. Not the greatest putter but if his irons hit form he wont need to be. Huge odds and worth a wee punt. At odds of 175/1 Philip Archer keeps popping up in our stats check and he is almost good enough to make our main selections this week.

Unfortunately this week no bookies are paying 6 places on our Lyoness Open 2014 Golf Tips but we have noticed that Unibet are offering massively better odds than any other bookies. You can also get a £20 FREE BET if you are a new customer by clicking the banner below :

Unibet Sports Betting

Did you enjoy this article? If so, then why not join our discussion forum FREE ! and share with others about your knowledge, experience and tips…….. or sign up for email updates to get bonuses, offers, Free Tips and more goodness. There’s lots more where this came from!

One Comment