Golf Tips and Previews

April 23, 2014

Zurich Classic of New Orleans Golf Tips & Preview

Share

free golf betting tips

Free Golf Betting Tips every Week

Zurich Classic of New Orleans Golf Tips

TPC Louisiana Golf Course

Welcome to our Zurich Classic of New Orleans Golf Tips & Preview. Last week we were left distraught as one of our main tips, Luke Donald, was in prime position to win but just couldn’t sink any of his 4 birdies putts on the last 4 holes and Matt Kuchar holed his bunker shot on 18 for a crazy win. Luke finished 2nd for an each way place which covered our bets. This week we hope to get back to winning ways at the TPC Louisiana for the Zurich Classic.

Zurich Classic of New Orleans Golf Tips

beautiful but very tricky course

 TPC Louisiana

  The Zurich Classic is played at the famous TPC Louisiana Golf Course which is one of the most beautiful courses on the U.S PGA Tour. The course was designed by Pete Dye and so has tight fairways, lots of bunkers (over 100) and also defended by water on 8 of the holes. Measuring in at 7,400 yards, this par 72 course can be tamed by long, straight hitters. Of course long & straight are few and far between on the tour !

 Of the 100 or so bunkers, 69 of them are deep pot bunkers so accuracy is key. Five of the Par 4’s are under 400 yards and the rest of the course plays very long. So, big hitters could do well, but only if accurate. Around this course I think I would rather back a short accurate hitter than a long wayward hitter every time. If you can get high in Greens in Regulation then you will undoubtedly be in with a chance of winning come Sunday night. Expect low scores this week in the region of around 20 under par.

Zurich Classic of New Orleans Golf Tips

  • Ryan Palmer 33/1 – Ryan is a birdie machine when in the mood. His stats are perfect as shown when finishing 4th 2 years ago. He is much better now too.  16th in Total Driving, 15th in Driving Accuracy & 15th in Greens in Regulation. Add in 24th in scoring average and he is our best bet of the week.
  • Kevin Stadler 40/1 – Broke his PGA winning bogey in Phoenix and now looks a real contender each week. 8th last year and now in better form. 7th in Total Driving, 20th in GIR & 26th in Scoring Average. A potent combination. Big odds for “The Smallrus”.
  • Charles Howell 50/1 – His driving accuracy sometimes lets him down but there’s no doubt he can smash it off the tee. He is also 8th for GIR & 13th for scoring average. Whilst he does tend to be wayward he is an expert iron player and gets out of trouble. Could be a big odds winner.
  • Brooks Koepka 66/1 – The American has been plying his trade on the European Tour where he had a 3rd place in the Dubai Desert Classic back in February. Rarely misses the cut and knows how to string the birdies together. A very lively outsider.

Justin Rose heads the betting but at 12/1 there really is no value on a course which may not suit. It will be interesting to see how Patrick “I’m one of the greatest of all time” Reed does this week and if he can again shoot incredibly low as he has done in events earlier in the season.

longshot bet

Stuart Appleby 125/1

Our longshot is long serving journeyman Stuart Appleby. Although without a win since 2010 to add to his 9 career wins, he is starting to show some decent form of late. His game could well suit this course and the old head knows how to plot his way around hazardous courses. A worthy punt at big odds of 125/1 with Betfred.

This week we will be using Betfred to place our Zurich Classic of New Orleans Golf Tips bets. They are offering 1/4 odds on top 5 finishers and a £25 FREE MATCHED BET for new customers. No bonus code is needed, just click our banner below to qualify :

Betfred Sports Betting

2 Comments

  1. BBTipster

    After round 1 we are in very good shape here, especially with our 125/1 longshot !!

    Stuart Appleby 125/1 – 8th
    Charles Howell 50/1 – 11th
    Ryan Palmer – 33/1 – 54th
    Brooks Koepka – 66/1 – 54th
    Kevin Stadler 40/1 – 104th

  2. BBTipster

    After round 2 we are holding steady, but it wasn’t a great 2nd round for us apart from Koepka !!

    Stuart Appleby 125/1 – 5 under
    Charles Howell 50/1 – 3 under
    Ryan Palmer – 33/1 – MC
    Brooks Koepka – 66/1 – 5 under