March 7, 2014

Colossus Bets Tips 07/03/14 – Michael Owen

Share

There were a couple of fantastic strikes in the Capital One Cup final on Sunday but there is little doubt in my mind that Christian Benteke’s goal against Norwich was better, and it must have got Arsenal and Chelsea wondering what might have been.

I remember first seeing Benteke a couple of years ago, and thinking “Who Is This?”, as I was immediately taken by him.

It looked like he wanted to get away from Aston Villa at the end of last season, so I was astonished that Arsenal, in particular, or Chelsea didn’t snap him up in the summer. He is a top player and exactly the kind of striker that those two sides are crying out for at the moment.

Colossus Bets Tips w/e of 07/03/14

£10 million jackpot game

Use Bonus Code – BANTER for £10 FREE

And that is how I view Arsenal at the moment, very good against the smaller clubs, but lacking the top, top players needed to beat the big teams. And Everton are on the threshold of the top tier, so I make this FA Cup tie very hard to call. It’s a nightmare game for my colossus bets tips this week.

Arsenal are difficult to beat at home though, so I don’t expect them to lose, but I can see this going to a replay. Everton were the better side in a 1-1 draw at the Emirates in December, and both league games between these sides last season were draws, so that is my main fancy.

But if one side is going to nick this you have to think that it would be Arsenal, so to get through to the next round of matches and a potential Cash-In offer, I favour 1-1, with Any Other Draw (AOD), and 1-0 and 2-0 to Arsenal as back-ups.

Below are Michael’s selections for the 20p Pick 6 Pool with a £200,000 Jackpot

colossus bets pick 6 tips

£200,000 Jackpot. Nice !!

Cardiff v Fulham is another really tough one to call, and my gut feeling is the same as the Arsenal game. I can easily see this being a draw, but if there is to be a winner then I favour the home side. So I am going to take Cardiff 1-0 and 2-1 – and they did win 2-1 at Craven Cottage earlier in the season – with 1-1 too.

What I am sure of is that the losing team will go down. In fact, both sides will probably go down regardless, but at least the side winning will retain a Premier League pulse.

Southampton have really disappointed me recently, and in particular the manager in choosing to field a weakened side in the FA Cup against Sunderland.

It may be a strong word, but that sickened me. As a player, you live for Cup Finals, the occasion, the build-up, the interaction with the fans. I thought that the decision was baffling.

So, following on from conceding three goals in losses at West Ham and at home to Liverpool, I can see Southampton’s season continuing to peter out, especially against sides like Crystal Palace who do have something to play for.

I take Palace to win 1-0 or 2-1, with 1-1 as a safety net.

Below are Michael’s selections for the Premier League HDA8

colossus bet had8 tips

Playing safe first 4 then……

I envisage another straightforward win for Chelsea when they host Tottenham and I take the home side win by two clear goals, either 2-0 or 3-1.

You can’t argue with Tottenham’s league position or away form, but I just don’t rate their squad compared to their rivals at the top end of the table. Three years or so ago, I thought that they were only one of two players off a title-challenging side, but they look a bit toothless at the moment.

It is not so long ago that Sheffield United and Charlton were in the top flight, and while United are now in League One taking on Championship opposition, I fancy them to win this FA Cup tie, either 2-0 or 2-1.

United look safe in mid-table in League One, whereas Charlton are in the bottom three of the Championship, struggling for survival, with only two away wins all season.

United have a good home record, and they certainly won’t fear Charlton after seeing off Villa and Fulham in the last two rounds.

I just can’t seem to get Hull right and they are a very unpredictable side. You can normally back them at home and oppose them away with confidence, yet recently they have won 4-0 at Cardiff and lost 4-1 at home to Newcastle.

Sunderland will be a bit downbeat after losing to City last weekend but they have to take positives out of that performance. After all, they led the most talented team in the country 1-0 for 50 minutes, and did themselves proud.

Team news will be key here – you could possibly forgive relegation-threatened Sunderland for resting some players – but I fancy Hull to nick it, regardless. They have done the double over Sunderland in the league this season, so I go for 2-1. But Sunderland have been playing well, so I will hedge on a 1-1 draw.

Below are Michael’s selections for the Premier League HDA5

colossus bet hda5 tips

Seems straightforward this week

Many people will have Man City down as an Any Other Home (AOH) banker but I don’t think Wigan will be disgraced.

They have found some impressive form recently under a new manager, winning five in a row, including beating Cardiff in the last round and thumping Nottingham Forest 4-1 away on Saturday. But City are a different proposition altogether.

I was considering going with 3-1 City, but in the knowledge that I have so many scores running for me if I take AOH (and that the value of any Cash-In offers will reflect this), I think AOH has to be the sensible Colossus call for this fixture.

Below are Michael’s selections for two Pick 3 Pools with £5,000 jackpots

colossus bets preview

Premier League pick 3

colossus bets bonus code BANTER

F.A Cup Pick 3

Use the banner below or THIS LINK to sign up or get more info from Colossus Bets. Remember to use Promo Code BANTER to receive £10 FREE after you play your first tenner.

Colossus Bets

By Michael Owen