Golf Tips and Previews

November 13, 2013

DP World Tour Championship 2013 Golf Tips

Share

DP World Tour Championship Golf Tips

Well it’s finally here……. the last event of the 2013 European Tour Golfing season. We have a great event lined up at a great venue which sees a true test of players ability. The likes of Henrik Stenson, Justin Rose and Rory McIlroy head the betting for what promises to be one of the most interesting finale’s to the tour.

The event takes place at the Jumeirah Golf Estates and is played on the “Earth Course”. The course was designed by Greg Norman and as we can expect from a Norman inspired course, the length is big…. in fact it’s BLOOMING HUGE, even by todays big hitting standards at a massive 7,675 yards !

Jumeirah Golf Estates

Now if we  are to concentrate on who will win and provide our golf tips for the week we first have to look at the big hitters. The bigger the better. Then we must factor in that they have changed the course from last year when Rory McIlroy won with a storming 23 under par, something which I don’t think will be repeated this year as they have grown the rough longer to punish wayward hitters no matter how far they can hit it ! In fact, it seems that players with decent Driving Accuracy stats will feature heavily now and if they are also big hitters then they have an immediate head start on the field.

Then you have to think about the dangers for errant drives or irons. We have no less than 100 bunkers and a further 20 lakes dotted throughout this mammoth course so it would appear that we also must have solid Greens in Regulation (GIR) stats. This narrows the field down and if we can concentrate on these 3 then our betting tips for this weeks golf is easier.

There are only 60 players in the field so we should be looking at getting a player with reasonable odds and for that fact I have to rule out the players at the top of the betting such as McIlroy who is 7/1 in some places, Stenson 11/1 (injured wrist) and Justin Rose at a stingy 6/1 is just completely unbackable in my opinion.

So who do we think will win ? Well as mentioned the stats I am looking at are GIR, Driving Accuracy and Driving Distance in that order. Of course we also have to figure in course knowledge, current form and other factors as usual as well as value for money in the betting odds !

  1. Louis Oosthuizen – 40/1 – The South African is coming back to good form which saw him win Majors at his best. He hits the ball far off the tee and is also accurate with it. His strength is his great iron play which could see him win this event if he plays to his own high standards.
  2. Francisco Molinari – 40/1 – Brilliant GIR and his iron play is one of the best in the world. He has great course knowledge too with 2 6th place finishes here and his form lately has been teetering on great with just the odd blip costing him dear. Hopefully he can keep it all together this weekend !
  3. Tommy Fleetwood – 80/1 – The Englishman broke his tour duck this year and has been progressively better each year in the overall stats. He can hit a long ball and his GIR stats are pretty nice too. In his last 10 starts he has recorded 2 top 10’s and a win so at 80/1 poses real value here.
  4. Joost Luiten – 50/1 – His driving accuracy has been a revelation this year with some good coaching and he has always been deadly with his irons. I can’t believe he is this high in the betting as he is my number one pick this week !
  5. Bernd Wiesberger – 28/1 – Consistent all year and the big hitting Austrian is another who is extremely accurate with his irons and hits nice GIR stats. In good form with a top 5, top 10 and 2 top 20 finishes in his last 4 events played. Short odds but big chance.

I will be putting all my bets on with Betfred this week as they have a promotion where if your golfer finishes second they will refund your winner bet back as a free bet (up to £250). Click below to sign up to betfred and claim a FREE £25 MATCHED BET :

As always I would love to hear your golf tips on who you think will win this weekend in the comments below.

One Comment

  1. BBTipster

    Only had time to do euro tips but for anyone interested In US Golf my tips would be :

    Gay 33/1
    stroud 33/1
    Wilson 66/1
    sabbatini – 100/1