User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 179

  1. #1
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Thumbs up Negreanu $20 challenge

    Well, I thought getting my $36 back, and ready to play, was going to be my big win for 2012! It's been a really crap year for poker really. Played the micro's at stars with a $20 bankroll, and was actually doing ok, until I got restless and wanted a quicker return, started to play bigger buy-in, and zoom, got a few bad beats and blew the lot in about 2 days! Totally unlike me, and I knew I was just too frustrated. But getting FTP back was a real bonus. I was so determined to just do well, and build slowly(ish). I had a fairly aggressive bankroll strategy, but was prepaired to drop back if I started losing. I started with $2.25 sngs. Yes, I probably didnt have technically enough buy-ins, but I knew if I ran even ok, I would me in the money more often that I would lose. I had 1 win after 3 games. The other players were pretty weak, a mixture of too aggressive, no patience, or playing far too tight, with the usual mistakes of calling of lots of chips at the start, and playing tight in the later stages, when of course, it should be the other way round.

    It was slow progress though, so I had a look at a $5 game, decided to play one, and if I lost, no matter how bad a beat, I would go back to the lower games. As it happens, I cashed in 2nd! Played another couple and came 2nd in one again. Played another couple and split the cash heads up, not 50/50, but I was a bit behind. Played some ring games and a couple more sng's at the 2.25 and 5 $ levels, with a couple of min cashes, and brought the roll up to about $54. Decided to take a shot at the $10 sng..... Brave or stooopid, not really sure. But again, I told myself, aces cracked or whatever, it was back to $5's with a bad result.

    Bad results? I laugh in the face of varience! Well, maybe for the most part, but sometimes I end up in a dark room crying having tilted the roll away...... Anyway, it was a min cash, phew! But it wasn't all plain sailing, got aces cracked by A-10 on the bubble of my next $10 sng. Tried to take it like a man, and moved down to the $2.25's, no luck, played some rush lost a $4 buy in, I'm full on tilt now, roll was at a high of $60 and now its $45. Whats the best thing to do? Probably not put $15 into a rush game of 10/25 cents...... Luckily I was able to cash out for $20 after a short while and calming down! Played some more rush at the lowest level with $4 buyin, for a small profit, stupidly played some omaha for a loss, and then played some more rush at 0.05/0.10. The roll swung back down to 36 before going back to $50. Needed to calm down, and get back to playing sensible sng's......

    Got a 1st place in a $5 sng! Then a 2nd, what was I thinking before, this is easy.......

    It's nice to be nieve sometimes! There were ups and downs, I got the roll up to 77, down to 60ish, up to 79, down to 60 something, but generally on an upward trend, playing a mix of $2.25 - $10 sngs's and rush and ring games. I got upto $100, then $134, but for some stupid reason, was determined to make it $136 before logging off..... it went down to 127 of course, back to 132, but then down and down again, till I went below $100! That was mostly rush of course and playing while on tilt, need to stop that! (Also need to go, so will continue the story asap!)

  2. #126
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Default Re: Negreanu $20 challenge

    Hmmmmmmm............ In a bit of a dilema now!!

    Right, so last time I wrote, I was in a 6 man sng, (I actually had finished it, but ran out of time to explain what happened.......)

    Anyway, I thought I had clicked cash instead of using my tourney $$$'s, so it had cost me $26 from my now $157 roll, and there were 6 possible outcomes. Well, 3 actually, I suppose. Finishing 1st to 6th, but 5th and 6th are the same prize, nuthin! 2nd and 3rd are the same prize, a $26 tournament ticket , or I could win a $75 ticket, or finish 4th for $23 in cash.

    Since I had paid cash by mistake, really the only options I was going to be happy with were 1st or 4th. 2nd and 3rd for a ticket were ok, but would actually prefer my Money back, as I had 3 $26 tickets already!

    As it happens, I got off to a cracking start, didn't hold back, and shoved my 300 chips, with blinds at 15/30 with KJ utg. Everyone folded. Not sure what people think of this move, I figure 2 face cards in this super turbo format is usually Worth throwing them in with. I'm not going to get called by worse, and better probably won't fold, but most of the time it will be the best hand delt, so can't pass on the opportunity to win the blinds, which are mega important in this format.

    Anyway, few hands later I get 99, and I shove with that. AQ insta calls, and I win the race. I had to sweat the river, which came another 9! Pity it didn't come on the flop or turn though, would have settled my heart a bit. Was happy now, as I could pretty much fold my way to 4th. I didn't though! Played a couple more hands, and when A-8 shoved my big blind holding JJ I called. There was a very short stack, (about 2.5 bigs), who had folded, so I did have to wonder if he would shove light in this situation. I think he made the correct move, but I could also understand a min raise?

    Hand for viewing here:

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33056435745: Step 3 (Super Turbo) (257238658), Table 1 - NL Hold'em - 20/40 - 10:10:54 ET - 2013/08/01
    Seat 1: oleg196918 (460)
    Seat 2: theend2 (380)
    Seat 3: Iain Negreanu (660)
    Seat 4: rmdcp (205)
    Seat 6: XAPJIAMOB (95)
    theend2 posts the small blind of 20
    Iain Negreanu posts the big blind of 40
    The button is in seat #1
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [Jc Jd]
    rmdcp folds
    XAPJIAMOB folds
    oleg196918 folds
    theend2 raises to 380, and is all in
    Iain Negreanu calls 340
    theend2 shows [8c As]
    Iain Negreanu shows [Jc Jd]
    *** FLOP *** [Kh 6d 2s] (Total Pot: 760, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** TURN *** [Kh 6d 2s] [Qh] (Total Pot: 760, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** RIVER *** [Kh 6d 2s Qh] [7h] (Total Pot: 760, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    theend2 shows Ace King high
    Iain Negreanu shows a pair of Jacks
    Iain Negreanu wins the pot (760) with a pair of Jacks
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 760 | Rake 0
    Board: [Kh 6d 2s Qh 7h]
    Seat 1: oleg196918 (button) didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 2: theend2 (small blind) showed [8c As] and lost with Ace King high
    Seat 3: Iain Negreanu (big blind) showed [Jc Jd] and won (760) with a pair of Jacks
    Seat 4: rmdcp didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 6: XAPJIAMOB didn't bet (folded)

    I think I do need to be holding a bit of a monster here to call, so think he maybe just got a bit unlucky?

    Anyway, things were going great, I was chip leader and running good.........

    Then, I raise with K9, and someone calls all in with K5, they hit the 5.....

    Next up, the shortest stack at the table moves in with 4 bigs, I have A-4 and I decide to call, as he could have anything if he is playing correctly strategy?

    He has AJ and it holds.

    Ok, so with my stack getting eaten into, I decide to get aggressive, not passive. I put in a 2.5 raise with 9-10s. I'm planning on folding to an allin re-raise, as its unlikely anyone is doing that with something I am beating? Something very strange happens though, the button insta min re-raise me.......

    I thought how could that be AA, it was too quick a re-raise to decide to do that. Anyway, it was costing me 75 chips to see a flop, with 400 in the pot already. I figured he misclicked, and decided to see what the flop brought. I caught only one club, to match my 9-10s, but 2nd pair with the 9. There was a Queen on the board, but I decide he must have misclicked, and really wanted to shove on me, with A-X, so unless he has AQ, or really unlucky A9, I am probably ahead.......? I shove and he calls, with Q8o.....!!!

    Really can't believe he min re-raised me with Q8. Here is the hand. Happy to hear thoughts on how I should have played it. Shove/fold pre, check fold flop etc etc?

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33056443428: Step 3 (Super Turbo) (257238658), Table 1 - NL Hold'em - 25/50 - 10:13:11 ET - 2013/08/01
    Seat 1: oleg196918 (385)
    Seat 3: Iain Negreanu (675)
    Seat 4: rmdcp (345)
    Seat 6: XAPJIAMOB (395)
    XAPJIAMOB posts the small blind of 25
    oleg196918 posts the big blind of 50
    The button is in seat #4
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [9c Tc]
    Iain Negreanu raises to 125
    rmdcp raises to 200
    XAPJIAMOB folds
    oleg196918 folds
    Iain Negreanu calls 75
    *** FLOP *** [3d 9s Qc] (Total Pot: 475, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu bets 285
    rmdcp calls 145, and is all in
    Iain Negreanu shows [9c Tc]
    rmdcp shows [8c Qh]
    Uncalled bet of 140 returned to Iain Negreanu
    *** TURN *** [3d 9s Qc] [6s] (Total Pot: 765, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** RIVER *** [3d 9s Qc 6s] [2c] (Total Pot: 765, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    Iain Negreanu shows a pair of Nines
    rmdcp shows a pair of Queens
    rmdcp wins the pot (765) with a pair of Queens
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 765 | Rake 0
    Board: [3d 9s Qc 6s 2c]
    Seat 1: oleg196918 (big blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 3: Iain Negreanu showed [9c Tc] and lost with a pair of Nines
    Seat 4: rmdcp (button) showed [8c Qh] and won (765) with a pair of Queens
    Seat 6: XAPJIAMOB (small blind) folded before the Flop

    Anyway, I went out soon after that shoving with Q5 into the Q8's big blind when he called with KJ, he caught a Jack and I hit jack shit!

    But I was ok with that, got my $ back, minus 3$ for my stupidity......

    Then I check my balance, and its actually now at $171, when it should be just over $150.......

    Takes me a few minutes, prob more than a few to be honest!

    Then I work out that I had bought in with a $26 ticket, and it was the $8.70 step tournament before that I had used cash instead of a ticket for!!

    What had happened was I only caught a glimps of my cash balance just before the start of the tournament, which must have been $148, but all I had noticed was that it was not $157 as expected, didn't have time to do the calculations, and just thought I had bought in with cash by mistake!

    ANYWAY, long story short, I bought into an $8.70 tourney with my roll, won it, and came 4th for a cash, and a profit of almost $15 from the whole thing! Which is about 10% of the target I am going for......

    Still, I had increased the roll, but was no further forward to qualifying for the $215 NL Irish game.

    Untill the reason for my dilema!

    Was going to play a live game, for a small amount of cash, but it was cancelled, so I found myself able to log on a bit earlier than usual, and from looking earlier I knew there was a qualifier for the $50 qualifier to the big Irish game. A sat into a sat if you like.

    It cost $8.70 or a step 2 ticket......, (dont even ask!!! )

    So yes, I actually used my one remaining step 2 ticket and bought in. There was only 1 seat gtd, and in the end 7 people bought in. Which was ok, it meant there was no added value, but atleast 2nd got their Money back. So 7 players, 1st gets the $50 satélite seat to the $215 Irish game, and 2nd gets $9 cash. Not great, but better than a kick in the nutz I guess.

    Anyway, for once I wasn't kicked in the hee maws, and took the whole thing down!

    I did get very very Lucky as a short stack heads up. I shoved QQ into a 8-8-5 flop, got called by A8, who caught an ace on the turn, but my 2outer Queen hit the river!

    I had actually taken the lead heads up, but called a shove with AQQ9 with 3 of them Diamonds. The player had been very aggressive thought the tournament, with a stack that was like a yo-yo chip leader to shorty to chip leader again. So I thought I was probably ahead, but he had AA, so that put me shortstack.

    My suckout only got me back to even in chips though, so there was still tons of play with 6K chips each and blinds at 100/200.

    The whole satélite was a brilliant structure actually, 1,500 chips, blinds start at 15/30 and only increase every 10 minutes!

    Loved that format, I would play it again and again. Really gives you time to pick your spots and fold when you think you are in very marginal spots.

    Anyway, with only 9 hands later and blinds at 120/240 he shoved me with about 2K in chips and I held A2s K3s, so I called, flop was QQ5, so I figured AK would be good a lot of the time here, and it was, as he only had A6s, he didn't get a chop, and I got my $50 satélite ticket. He also called me something nasty in the chap box...... I just replied with gg wp

    The QQ hand was very Lucky, but I had Q-Q10s-10, so I was never folding pre flop, and was probably never folding to a low flop. My shove was a bit funny, not sure what I was thinking. He had called my raise, and I had been playing tight, so I took him to have something decent, so I thought he might call with a lot of hands that were beat by QQ on that dry looking flop........

    It was a bit unlucky that he had an 8 I think, but there was a long way to go, but he lost 2 thirds of his stack very quickly. Made quite a good call here I think:

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33059421196: SupSat to FTOPS #12 (257224923), Table 1 - NL Irish - 100/200 - 00:05:26 ET - 2013/08/02
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (7,656)
    Seat 9: 1FCKoeln82 (4,344)
    1FCKoeln82 posts the small blind of 100
    Iain Negreanu posts the big blind of 200
    The button is in seat #9
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [7h 2d 7c 9c]
    1FCKoeln82 raises to 400
    Iain Negreanu calls 200
    *** FLOP *** [6s 9h 8h] (Total Pot: 800, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu checks
    1FCKoeln82 checks
    *** DISCARD ROUND *** (Total Pot: 800, 2 Players)
    15 seconds left to act
    Iain Negreanu discards [2d 7c]
    1FCKoeln82 discards
    *** TURN *** [6s 9h 8h] [Th] (Total Pot: 800, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu bets 400
    1FCKoeln82 calls 400
    *** RIVER *** [6s 9h 8h Th] [Qc] (Total Pot: 1,600, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu checks
    1FCKoeln82 has 15 seconds left to act
    1FCKoeln82 bets 1,200
    Iain Negreanu has 15 seconds left to act
    Iain Negreanu calls 1,200
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    1FCKoeln82 shows [Tc Ah] a pair of Tens
    Iain Negreanu shows [7h 9c] a straight, Ten high
    Iain Negreanu wins the pot (4,000) with a straight, Ten high
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 4,000 | Rake 0
    Board: [6s 9h 8h Th Qc]
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (big blind) showed [7h 9c] and won (4,000) with a straight, Ten high
    Seat 9: 1FCKoeln82 (small blind) showed [Tc Ah] and lost with a pair of Tens

    Just didn't think he had it, based on similar bets he had made in similar situations, and that hand really turned the tide in my favour.

    Anyway, I moan way way too much, so here is the QQ Lucky hand I messed up completely and got Lucky as hell in. (Been a long time coming though........ )

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33059416332: SupSat to FTOPS #12 (257224923), Table 1 - NL Irish - 100/200 - 00:03:13 ET - 2013/08/02
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (2,928)
    Seat 9: 1FCKoeln82 (9,072)
    Iain Negreanu posts the small blind of 100
    1FCKoeln82 posts the big blind of 200
    The button is in seat #6
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [Th Qd Td Qc]
    Iain Negreanu raises to 500
    1FCKoeln82 calls 300
    *** FLOP *** [8h 8c 5s] (Total Pot: 1,000, 2 Players)
    1FCKoeln82 checks
    Iain Negreanu bets 2,428, and is all in
    1FCKoeln82 calls 2,428
    *** DISCARD ROUND *** (Total Pot: 5,856, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    1FCKoeln82 discards
    Iain Negreanu discards [Th Td]
    Iain Negreanu shows [Qd Qc]
    1FCKoeln82 shows [8s As]
    *** TURN *** [8h 8c 5s] [Ah] (Total Pot: 5,856, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** RIVER *** [8h 8c 5s Ah] [Qh] (Total Pot: 5,856, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    Iain Negreanu shows a full house, Queens full of Eights
    1FCKoeln82 shows a full house, Eights full of Aces
    Iain Negreanu wins the pot (5,856) with a full house, Queens full of Eights
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 5,856 | Rake 0
    Board: [8h 8c 5s Ah Qh]
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (small blind) showed [Qd Qc] and won (5,856) with a full house, Queens full of Eights
    Seat 9: 1FCKoeln82 (big blind) showed [8s As] and lost with a full house, Eights full of Aces

    It was bad, a moment of purê recklessnes. Don't think I had fully recovered from the AA vs QQ hand to be honest, and with his 3-1 lead, and aggressive style, I think I must have been close to giving up......

    Anyway, I honestly played the rest of the tournament very well, with only a couple of bad mistakes, (which I didn't get Lucky in!).

    So, my problem now is, do I just wait till wed to play this $50 sat, which is the day b4 the tourney, or do I keep doing the steps stuff to try and get a $215 ticket........?? I can unregister from the $50 at any point, and I guess I could try to win the $215 ticket, and do the$50 sat, and just use the $215 for something else, if I qualify, or I could use the $26 tickets for other tournaments, namely qualifying for the $109 No Limit holdem game the day after the Irish.......??

    Good dilema to be in I think though! Will probably try another $26 6 man super turbo, but I really do hate them, compared to this much longer format that I played today.

  3. #127
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Well, I think I will try that $8.7 super sat again, after all, I seem to do well at NL Irish, and there is a turbo game for $55 on the same day as the $215 tournament. Didn't play it tonight, watched the film Looper with Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, was pretty good! Checked later, and it voided, needs 2 players min, so don't know if I could have been the 2nd one, or nobody played at all. Also, if I do win another ticket, and qualify before the turbo event, I think I can use a $55 ticket for a sat to the BSOP.......

    Currently there are only 2 players, inc me, registered for the $55 sat. Got a few more days, but bit nervous, it looks like a really good chance, with 5 seats available, gtd, IF, they get 6 players minimum to start it..........

    Played a few games today though, 2 $3.3 step 1 games, to see if I could win an $8.7 step 2 ticket. Didn't win that, but got my step 1 ticket back by finishing in the top 4 or 5.

    Played another $26 step 3 super turbo. Didn't go so well, but I finished 4th again, for another cash of $23, so the roll is going in the right direction at least!

    Had to fold this hand, really didn't want to, was sure I was ahead, chip leader min raising the short stack sit out, guy behind only calls...... But I can't call for half my chips, and I can't go all in, because they will have to call an under raise. I probably have the best hand, but by folding I practically gurantee myself $23, if and it is a BIG if, I win the pot, there is no guarantee I would finish 1st, I would only have a 600ish stack down to 4 players. Good, but nothing Worth going out on the bubble with, right?

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33062640346: Step 3 (Super Turbo) (257293213), Table 1 - NL Hold'em - 25/50 - 17:31:37 ET - 2013/08/02
    Seat 1: Monkey Stylezzz (370)
    Seat 2: elegia1 (810)
    Seat 3: Iain Negreanu (180)
    Seat 4: EdIv2525 (380)
    Seat 5: Snoblik (60), is sitting out
    EdIv2525 posts the small blind of 25
    Snoblik posts the big blind of 50
    The button is in seat #3
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [Tc Ac]
    Monkey Stylezzz raises to 100
    elegia1 calls 100
    Iain Negreanu folds
    EdIv2525 folds
    Snoblik folds
    *** FLOP *** [3c Kc 9c] (Total Pot: 275, 2 Players)
    Monkey Stylezzz bets 270, and is all in
    elegia1 folds
    Uncalled bet of 270 returned to Monkey Stylezzz
    Monkey Stylezzz mucks
    Monkey Stylezzz wins the pot (275)
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 275 | Rake 0
    Board: [3c Kc 9c]
    Seat 1: Monkey Stylezzz collected (275), mucked
    Seat 2: elegia1 folded on the Flop
    Seat 3: Iain Negreanu (button) didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 4: EdIv2525 (small blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 5: Snoblik (big blind) folded before the Flop

    I think its one of those situations, where going all in would be +EV in chips won, but totally -EV in terms of cash won, (5th gets nothing.) I think the flopped flush was there just to needle me.......

    Anyway, managed to get it all in with KQ vs K9 vs AQ, in a 3 way when the K9 shoved, and I called, and the AQ called behind.

    Both of the 2 remaining kings came out, to make me very excited, till I noticed a 9 had come on the flop too, so I lost to a FH. Unlucky maybe, but was Always behind the AQ, so, couldn't expect too much.

    Quick summary of the last few days:

    Starting Roll, $150, 2 x $26 and 2 x $8.7 tickets.

    Roll is now $194 with a $55 a $26 and $3.3 tickets.

    Increased my ticket value by about $15, got a ticket for a really good sat to the big NL Irish game and increased my roll by $44, all in 7 games, of which I was 'in the Money' in every one of them! And I have added all the games into a spreadsheet. So all my targets going well so far.

  4. #128
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Fucking all in monkey prick!!!

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33068130244: SupSat to FTOPS #12 (257302309), Table 1 - NL Irish - 50/100 - 23:29:46 ET - 2013/08/03
    Seat 1: 1FCKoeln82 (8,730)
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (1,610)
    Seat 7: Ilyich2006 (1,660)
    1FCKoeln82 posts the small blind of 50
    Iain Negreanu posts the big blind of 100
    The button is in seat #7
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [8c 8s Kd Ks]
    Ilyich2006 folds
    1FCKoeln82 raises to 8,730, and is all in
    Iain Negreanu calls 1,510, and is all in
    Uncalled bet of 7,120 returned to 1FCKoeln82
    *** FLOP *** [Ac 7c 5h] (Total Pot: 3,220, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** DISCARD ROUND *** (Total Pot: 3,220, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    Iain Negreanu discards [8c 8s]
    15 seconds left to act
    1FCKoeln82 discards
    1FCKoeln82 shows [5s Qd]
    Iain Negreanu shows [Kd Ks]
    *** TURN *** [Ac 7c 5h] [5c] (Total Pot: 3,220, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** RIVER *** [Ac 7c 5h 5c] [9s] (Total Pot: 3,220, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    1FCKoeln82 shows three of a kind, Fives
    Iain Negreanu shows two pair, Kings and Fives
    1FCKoeln82 wins the pot (3,220) with three of a kind, Fives
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 3,220 | Rake 0
    Board: [Ac 7c 5h 5c 9s]
    Seat 1: 1FCKoeln82 (small blind) showed [5s Qd] and won (3,220) with three of a kind, Fives
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (big blind) showed [Kd Ks] and lost with two pair, Kings and Fives
    Seat 7: Ilyich2006 (button) didn't bet (folded)

    Important lesson learned today though, I am playing waaaaaayyyyyy too tight!

    Need to pump it up more when I am in good spots. And I keep missing value on the river. There are spots where that helps, if I behind when I suspect I am ahead. But its not equal, missing more value than chips I would lose when wrong. And thats bad, got to change that!

  5. #129
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    I think this is a good example:

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33068084204: SupSat to FTOPS #12 (257302309), Table 1 - NL Irish - 30/60 - 23:08:22 ET - 2013/08/03
    Seat 1: 1FCKoeln82 (3,515)
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (3,845)
    Seat 7: Ilyich2006 (4,640)
    Ilyich2006 posts the small blind of 30
    1FCKoeln82 posts the big blind of 60
    The button is in seat #6
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [Jh Td Ks Ah]
    Iain Negreanu raises to 150
    Ilyich2006 calls 120
    1FCKoeln82 calls 90
    *** FLOP *** [5h Th Kd] (Total Pot: 450, 3 Players)
    Ilyich2006 bets 180
    1FCKoeln82 folds
    Iain Negreanu has 15 seconds left to act
    Iain Negreanu calls 180
    *** DISCARD ROUND *** (Total Pot: 810, 2 Players)
    Ilyich2006 discards
    Iain Negreanu discards [Jh Ah]
    *** TURN *** [5h Th Kd] [5d] (Total Pot: 810, 2 Players)
    Ilyich2006 bets 300
    Iain Negreanu calls 300
    *** RIVER *** [5h Th Kd 5d] [Js] (Total Pot: 1,410, 2 Players)
    Ilyich2006 checks
    Iain Negreanu checks
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Ilyich2006 shows [Kh 3h] two pair, Kings and Fives
    Iain Negreanu shows [Td Ks] two pair, Kings and Tens
    Iain Negreanu wins the pot (1,410) with two pair, Kings and Tens
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 1,410 | Rake 0
    Board: [5h Th Kd 5d Js]
    Seat 1: 1FCKoeln82 (big blind) folded on the Flop
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (button) showed [Td Ks] and won (1,410) with two pair, Kings and Tens
    Seat 7: Ilyich2006 (small blind) showed [Kh 3h] and lost with two pair, Kings and Fives

    I raised, which is fine. Got two callers, and the sb bets out. I think I need to raise here?

    But I think I couldn't decide which hand to go with, and just called. I think I picked the right hand, but I am either ahead now, or behind now, (to a set). Was pretty sure a set would be more, so if I thought 2 pair Kings and Tens was ahead, I should have raised. He might have gone all in with top pair flush draw of course, and I wouldn't be able to call that. Wouldn't fold for anything if it was Omaha, but I need to decide which 2 cards to throw away, as I can't keep both unfortunately!

    Turn was akward, it brought 2 flush draws, (hitting a flush with hearts was harder, as I had thrown 2 away, and a Diamond flush was a bit unlikely, but not impossible with a pair to go with it.) Played it safe, which I think you can make an argument for, but perhaps I should be raising and just trying to take it down, as the villian might think its a dangerous looking board too.....

    River, was checked to me, after I checked behind on the turn. I checked. Think I should have bet there. Obviously don't want check raised, but I don't think trips, quads, straights, whatever is checking the river there. He might have folded, but at least he doesn't get to see what I am calling him down to the river with...... I think not betting the river was a mistake.

    This was probably worse!

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33068075861: SupSat to FTOPS #12 (257302309), Table 1 - NL Irish - 25/50 - 23:04:40 ET - 2013/08/03
    Seat 1: 1FCKoeln82 (3,620)
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (3,200)
    Seat 7: Ilyich2006 (5,180)
    Ilyich2006 posts the small blind of 25
    1FCKoeln82 posts the big blind of 50
    The button is in seat #6
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [Th Ac 8h Qc]
    Iain Negreanu calls 50
    Ilyich2006 raises to 200
    1FCKoeln82 calls 150
    Iain Negreanu calls 150
    *** FLOP *** [Td 9h Ah] (Total Pot: 600, 3 Players)
    Ilyich2006 bets 450
    1FCKoeln82 folds
    Iain Negreanu calls 450
    *** DISCARD ROUND *** (Total Pot: 1,500, 2 Players)
    Ilyich2006 discards
    15 seconds left to act
    Iain Negreanu discards [8h Qc]
    *** TURN *** [Td 9h Ah] [3h] (Total Pot: 1,500, 2 Players)
    Ilyich2006 checks
    Iain Negreanu checks
    *** RIVER *** [Td 9h Ah 3h] [6h] (Total Pot: 1,500, 2 Players)
    Ilyich2006 checks
    Iain Negreanu checks
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Ilyich2006 shows [Ad Kc] a pair of Aces
    Iain Negreanu shows [Th Ac] a flush, Ace high
    Iain Negreanu wins the pot (1,500) with a flush, Ace high
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 1,500 | Rake 0
    Board: [Td 9h Ah 3h 6h]
    Seat 1: 1FCKoeln82 (big blind) folded on the Flop
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (button) showed [Th Ac] and won (1,500) with a flush, Ace high
    Seat 7: Ilyich2006 (small blind) showed [Ad Kc] and lost with a pair of Aces

    Should have raised the bet on the flop, absolutely should have bet the turn, but I think checking the river needed to be done. I had him on an ace, and its unlikey he had the jack or queen of hearts, but I doubt he is calling with anything I am beating. But again, if I am sure I am ahead, why not bet? Him folding and not seeing my hand is a good thing, and it gives people the chance to call with less.....

    I got it right here:

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33068049705: SupSat to FTOPS #12 (257302309), Table 1 - NL Irish - 25/50 - 22:51:35 ET - 2013/08/03
    Seat 1: 1FCKoeln82 (1,720)
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (1,650)
    Seat 7: Ilyich2006 (3,565)
    Seat 8: mypokeraces (3,565)
    Iain Negreanu posts the big blind of 50
    The button is in seat #1
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [6h Kh Ah Jc]
    Ilyich2006 folds
    mypokeraces has 15 seconds left to act
    mypokeraces raises to 100
    1FCKoeln82 folds
    Iain Negreanu calls 50
    *** FLOP *** [Ac 8h As] (Total Pot: 200, 2 Players)
    Kolios sits down
    Iain Negreanu checks
    mypokeraces bets 100
    Iain Negreanu calls 100
    *** DISCARD ROUND *** (Total Pot: 400, 2 Players)
    mypokeraces discards
    Iain Negreanu discards [6h Jc]
    *** TURN *** [Ac 8h As] [3h] (Total Pot: 400, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu checks
    mypokeraces bets 200
    Iain Negreanu raises to 1,450, and is all in
    mypokeraces calls 1,250
    Iain Negreanu shows [Kh Ah]
    mypokeraces shows [Ad Qs]
    *** RIVER *** [Ac 8h As 3h] [Td] (Total Pot: 3,300, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    Iain Negreanu shows three of a kind, Aces
    mypokeraces shows three of a kind, Aces
    Iain Negreanu wins the pot (3,300) with three of a kind, Aces
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 3,300 | Rake 0
    Board: [Ac 8h As 3h Td]
    Seat 1: 1FCKoeln82 (button) didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (big blind) showed [Kh Ah] and won (3,300) with three of a kind, Aces
    Seat 7: Ilyich2006 didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 8: mypokeraces showed [Ad Qs] and lost with three of a kind, Aces

    This guy had been c-betting the pot the whole time, and folding to any kind of re-raise. So his small bets looked like value bets. He could have had A8 or 88, but I took the chance and got it in. Question is, would I have also done it on the river, or taken the safer option.......

    Should have known the kings would have beat though, that guy beat them 2 before that!

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33068101252: SupSat to FTOPS #12 (257302309), Table 1 - NL Irish - 30/60 - 23:16:04 ET - 2013/08/03
    Seat 1: 1FCKoeln82 (3,395)
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (4,085)
    Seat 7: Ilyich2006 (4,520)
    Ilyich2006 posts the small blind of 30
    1FCKoeln82 posts the big blind of 60
    The button is in seat #6
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [6c Kd Kh 6h]
    Iain Negreanu raises to 210
    Ilyich2006 folds
    1FCKoeln82 calls 150
    *** FLOP *** [5c Kc Ac] (Total Pot: 450, 2 Players)
    1FCKoeln82 checks
    Iain Negreanu has 15 seconds left to act
    Iain Negreanu checks
    *** DISCARD ROUND *** (Total Pot: 450, 2 Players)
    1FCKoeln82 discards
    Iain Negreanu discards [6c 6h]
    *** TURN *** [5c Kc Ac] [4d] (Total Pot: 450, 2 Players)
    1FCKoeln82 bets 240
    Iain Negreanu has 15 seconds left to act
    Iain Negreanu calls 240
    *** RIVER *** [5c Kc Ac 4d] [2d] (Total Pot: 930, 2 Players)
    1FCKoeln82 has 15 seconds left to act
    1FCKoeln82 bets 240
    Iain Negreanu calls 240
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    1FCKoeln82 shows [9c 2c] a flush, Ace high
    Iain Negreanu mucks
    1FCKoeln82 wins the pot (1,410) with a flush, Ace high
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 1,410 | Rake 0
    Board: [5c Kc Ac 4d 2d]
    Seat 1: 1FCKoeln82 (big blind) showed [9c 2c] and won (1,410) with a flush, Ace high
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (button) mucked [Kd Kh] - three of a kind, Kings
    Seat 7: Ilyich2006 (small blind) folded before the Flop

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33068097494: SupSat to FTOPS #12 (257302309), Table 1 - NL Irish - 30/60 - 23:14:22 ET - 2013/08/03
    Seat 1: 1FCKoeln82 (2,615)
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (4,475)
    Seat 7: Ilyich2006 (4,910)
    Ilyich2006 posts the small blind of 30
    1FCKoeln82 posts the big blind of 60
    The button is in seat #6
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [4s Kc Ad Ks]
    Iain Negreanu raises to 150
    Ilyich2006 calls 120
    1FCKoeln82 has 15 seconds left to act
    1FCKoeln82 calls 90
    *** FLOP *** [6d 8d 3h] (Total Pot: 450, 3 Players)
    Ilyich2006 checks
    1FCKoeln82 checks
    Iain Negreanu bets 420
    Ilyich2006 has 15 seconds left to act
    Ilyich2006 folds
    1FCKoeln82 raises to 2,465, and is all in
    Iain Negreanu has 15 seconds left to act
    Iain Negreanu folds
    Uncalled bet of 2,045 returned to 1FCKoeln82
    1FCKoeln82 mucks
    1FCKoeln82 wins the pot (1,290)
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 1,290 | Rake 0
    Board: [6d 8d 3h]
    Seat 1: 1FCKoeln82 (big blind) collected (1,290), mucked
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (button) folded on the Flop
    Seat 7: Ilyich2006 (small blind) folded on the Flop

    Didn't get to see for sure, but check raising the flop? Pretty sure I was way behind!

    Can't show you the hand history, as I wasnt in it, but just looked at the winning hand, and he was loosing to a flush, with his set of queens, when he rivered a full house after going all in on the turn. It was the same guy that I hit my 2 outer against with my Queens. His wasn't a 2 outer, but nice bit of luck none the less!

    Anyway, he shouldn't have had a chance to get Lucky, simply put, I could have played better tonight. I was unlucky, but I think a better player would have got more chips than I did, in the situations where I was ahead, which would have changed the outcome. Maybe not a win, but I probably should have gotten to the heads up a least.

  6. #130
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Just not my night I guess huh!

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33068308196: $10 Sit & Go (Turbo) (257339924), Table 1 - NL Hold'em - 200/400 - 00:59:45 ET - 2013/08/04
    Seat 2: Iain Negreanu (2,555)
    Seat 4: byrnesch (6,025)
    Seat 8: gone4beer (2,460)
    Seat 9: don john gotti1 (2,460)
    gone4beer posts the small blind of 200
    don john gotti1 posts the big blind of 400
    The button is in seat #4
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [Ac Jd]
    Iain Negreanu raises to 2,555, and is all in
    byrnesch folds
    gone4beer calls 2,260, and is all in
    don john gotti1 folds
    Iain Negreanu shows [Ac Jd]
    gone4beer shows [Kh Qh]
    Uncalled bet of 95 returned to Iain Negreanu
    *** FLOP *** [6s 6h 4c] (Total Pot: 5,320, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** TURN *** [6s 6h 4c] [Ks] (Total Pot: 5,320, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** RIVER *** [6s 6h 4c Ks] [7s] (Total Pot: 5,320, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    Iain Negreanu shows a pair of Sixes
    gone4beer shows two pair, Kings and Sixes
    gone4beer wins the pot (5,320) with two pair, Kings and Sixes
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 5,320 | Rake 0
    Board: [6s 6h 4c Ks 7s]
    Seat 2: Iain Negreanu showed [Ac Jd] and lost with a pair of Sixes
    Seat 4: byrnesch (button) didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 8: gone4beer (small blind) showed [Kh Qh] and won (5,320) with two pair, Kings and Sixes
    Seat 9: don john gotti1 (big blind) folded before the Flop

    This one went a bit wrong, allin pre, or just a call maybe? Or I should have c-bet that flop? Big blind was a total fish, called everything!

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33068306668: $10 Sit & Go (Turbo) (257339924), Table 1 - NL Hold'em - 150/300 - 00:58:41 ET - 2013/08/04
    Seat 2: Iain Negreanu (3,605)
    Seat 4: byrnesch (5,175)
    Seat 8: gone4beer (2,260)
    Seat 9: don john gotti1 (2,460)
    Iain Negreanu posts the small blind of 150
    byrnesch posts the big blind of 300
    The button is in seat #9
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [Kh Th]
    gone4beer folds
    don john gotti1 folds
    Iain Negreanu raises to 750
    byrnesch calls 450
    *** FLOP *** [9s 4h 9d] (Total Pot: 1,500, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu checks
    byrnesch checks
    *** TURN *** [9s 4h 9d] [7h] (Total Pot: 1,500, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu checks
    byrnesch bets 300
    Iain Negreanu calls 300
    *** RIVER *** [9s 4h 9d 7h] [8s] (Total Pot: 2,100, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu checks
    byrnesch bets 1,500
    Iain Negreanu folds
    Uncalled bet of 1,500 returned to byrnesch
    byrnesch mucks
    byrnesch wins the pot (2,100)
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 2,100 | Rake 0
    Board: [9s 4h 9d 7h 8s]
    Seat 2: Iain Negreanu (small blind) folded on the River
    Seat 4: byrnesch (big blind) collected (2,100), mucked
    Seat 8: gone4beer didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 9: don john gotti1 (button) didn't bet (folded)

    I think its a shove pre. Mistake made there.......

  7. #131
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    How can you compete with this kind of luck???

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33068420035: $2.25 Sit & Go (257340303), Table 1 - NL Hold'em - 100/200 - 02:03:27 ET - 2013/08/04
    Seat 5: Iain Negreanu (7,170)
    Seat 6: mbothra (6,330)
    mbothra posts the small blind of 100
    Iain Negreanu posts the big blind of 200
    The button is in seat #6
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [9h 3s]
    mbothra calls 100
    Iain Negreanu checks
    *** FLOP *** [2d 3d 2h] (Total Pot: 400, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu bets 400
    mbothra calls 400
    *** TURN *** [2d 3d 2h] [6s] (Total Pot: 1,200, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu checks
    mbothra bets 600
    Iain Negreanu calls 600
    *** RIVER *** [2d 3d 2h 6s] [Kd] (Total Pot: 2,400, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu checks
    mbothra checks
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    mbothra shows [6c 4h] two pair, Sixes and Twos
    Iain Negreanu mucks
    mbothra wins the pot (2,400) with two pair, Sixes and Twos
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 2,400 | Rake 0
    Board: [2d 3d 2h 6s Kd]
    Seat 5: Iain Negreanu (big blind) mucked [9h 3s] - two pair, Threes and Twos
    Seat 6: mbothra (small blind) showed [6c 4h] and won (2,400) with two pair, Sixes and Twos

    From earlier:

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33068397270: $2.25 Sit & Go (257340303), Table 1 - NL Hold'em - 60/120 - 01:49:37 ET - 2013/08/04
    Seat 1: dallas91 (986)
    Seat 4: ruslanrt (1,440)
    Seat 5: Iain Negreanu (5,873)
    Seat 6: mbothra (2,840)
    Seat 9: Sky_Whisper_1 (2,361)
    Sky_Whisper_1 posts the small blind of 60
    dallas91 posts the big blind of 120
    The button is in seat #6
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [As Kc]
    ruslanrt folds
    Iain Negreanu raises to 300
    mbothra calls 300
    Sky_Whisper_1 has 15 seconds left to act
    Sky_Whisper_1 has timed out
    Sky_Whisper_1 folds
    Sky_Whisper_1 is sitting out
    dallas91 folds
    *** FLOP *** [6c 5c Ac] (Total Pot: 780, 2 Players)
    Sky_Whisper_1 has returned
    Iain Negreanu has 15 seconds left to act
    Iain Negreanu bets 360
    mbothra raises to 720
    Iain Negreanu raises to 5,573, and is all in
    mbothra calls 1,820, and is all in
    Iain Negreanu shows [As Kc]
    mbothra shows [Ah 6h]
    Uncalled bet of 3,033 returned to Iain Negreanu
    *** TURN *** [6c 5c Ac] [9d] (Total Pot: 5,860, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** RIVER *** [6c 5c Ac 9d] [4d] (Total Pot: 5,860, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    Iain Negreanu shows a pair of Aces
    mbothra shows two pair, Aces and Sixes
    mbothra wins the pot (5,860) with two pair, Aces and Sixes
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 5,860 | Rake 0
    Board: [6c 5c Ac 9d 4d]
    Seat 1: dallas91 (big blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 4: ruslanrt didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 5: Iain Negreanu showed [As Kc] and lost with a pair of Aces
    Seat 6: mbothra (button) showed [Ah 6h] and won (5,860) with two pair, Aces and Sixes
    Seat 9: Sky_Whisper_1 (small blind) folded before the Flop

    I know I should have slowed down, but I was on a bit of a run at the time

    And to finish the game

    2 outs on the river, as he couldn't even get the Queen of Diamonds!

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33068424143: $2.25 Sit & Go (257340303), Table 1 - NL Hold'em - 120/240 - 02:05:34 ET - 2013/08/04
    Seat 5: Iain Negreanu (4,890)
    Seat 6: mbothra (8,610)
    mbothra posts the small blind of 120
    Iain Negreanu posts the big blind of 240
    The button is in seat #6
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [8h Ad]
    mbothra raises to 480
    Iain Negreanu raises to 4,890, and is all in
    mbothra calls 4,410
    Iain Negreanu shows [8h Ad]
    mbothra shows [Kd Qs]
    *** FLOP *** [2d 9d 4c] (Total Pot: 9,780, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** TURN *** [2d 9d 4c] [8d] (Total Pot: 9,780, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** RIVER *** [2d 9d 4c 8d] [Qh] (Total Pot: 9,780, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    Iain Negreanu shows a pair of Eights
    mbothra shows a pair of Queens
    mbothra wins the pot (9,780) with a pair of Queens
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 9,780 | Rake 0
    Board: [2d 9d 4c 8d Qh]
    Seat 5: Iain Negreanu (big blind) showed [8h Ad] and lost with a pair of Eights
    Seat 6: mbothra (small blind) showed [Kd Qs] and won (9,780) with a pair of Queens

    sick,

    Def finished for the nite now!

  8. #132
    VIP Member TheFlyFifer's Avatar
    Auckland N.Z.

    Quote Originally Posted by Negreanu View Post
[...]

    Splitting hairs maybe but:-

    Its a flip preflop
    KQ aint he worst HU hand
    2:1 chip lead give or take.
    He also has 3 Kings as well as two Queens on the river.

    Id have preferred playing post flop rather than flipping pre but everything is easy with hindsight, outcome may have been the same if it got to the turn anyway as he might have thought his K flush would have been good. so fair dues.
    Veni, vidi, vici

  9. #133
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    LOL It was very late!

    He does have any King too

    Think I should just copy the hands, look at them the next day and then post, but sometimes I can just vent here, and it stops me from playing anymore, which seems like it was a good thing if thats the kind of thing I was missing!!

    Your right, KQ isn't a bad hand, wasn't calling him a donkey for that, but I would rather have the Ace. So I know that one hand was nothing really, happens all the time, it was just the added effect of having him call that pot sized bet with 6-4o, no pair, only a gut shot straight, and he had shown no intensions/ability to float. So that one I considered really Lucky. That was what set me off on one I think, and made me look at other hands......

    Last couple of nights not been any better, to be honest, I think I am just really nervous about qualifying/playing in this $215 NL Irish game. Seems to mean so much to me for some reason. Just hope I do qualify, and play well/get a good result, or I think I am going to be very deflated I think.

    When I start looking into luck/varience too much, thats usually a sign to take a break, but I want to keep trying to qualify, double edged sword really.

    I think I see a big disappointment coming up with this game to be honest, don't think it would affect be on the day, if I can play, just don't think the outcome will match my high expectations. So will see what happens, and either way, try to take another wee break, because I did well when I first came back, and then I can take my time a bit more, just think about increasing the roll a bit at a time, and see if qualifying for the BSOP is realistic.

    Just getting a bit bored of the small stakes games, and thats dangerous, as thats all my roll can manage, and its not that high to be throwing $'s around.

    Thanks for the reply by the way, its good to know there are at least a couple of people reading my rants, will try my best to make them a bit more coherent, and technically correct! Probably best if I stick to emotional thoughts for my rant of the night, and counting outs, analysis of play etc for the next day.

  10. #134
    VIP Member TheFlyFifer's Avatar
    Auckland N.Z.

    I enjoy reading your rants. sometimes I have a lot to read though and cant be arsed commenting on them all but overall a good read. Cheers
    Veni, vidi, vici

  11. #135
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    I buy into this PLO tournament, fold every single hand apart from my big blind, and maybe one occassion when I have a chance to make up the small, for seriously, more than 30 hands, then this:

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33077696897: $150 Guarantee (257376569), Table 3 - PL Omaha Hi - 60/120 - 23:36:23 ET - 2013/08/05
    Seat 1: Iain Negreanu (1,785)
    Seat 2: DominatorVI (8,424), is sitting out
    Seat 3: carlao_ba (2,880)
    Seat 4: beeflip (2,030)
    Seat 5: javichac (9,969)
    Seat 6: Galeforce12 (11,956)
    Seat 7: in284 (3,600)
    Seat 9: KeenTiger (10,942)
    Iain Negreanu posts the small blind of 60
    DominatorVI posts the big blind of 120
    The button is in seat #9
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [6h Ac Ah Js]
    beeflip: how does that happen lol
    carlao_ba calls 120
    beeflip calls 120
    javichac folds
    Galeforce12 raises to 240
    in284 folds
    KeenTiger folds
    Iain Negreanu raises to 1,080
    DominatorVI folds
    carlao_ba folds
    beeflip folds
    Galeforce12 calls 840
    *** FLOP *** [4h 4c 7c] (Total Pot: 2,520, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu bets 705, and is all in
    Galeforce12 calls 705
    Iain Negreanu shows [6h Ac Ah Js]
    Galeforce12 shows [3h Qs 5c As]
    *** TURN *** [4h 4c 7c] [3c] (Total Pot: 3,930, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** RIVER *** [4h 4c 7c 3c] [3d] (Total Pot: 3,930, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    Iain Negreanu shows two pair, Aces and Fours
    Galeforce12 shows three of a kind, Threes
    Galeforce12 wins the pot (3,930) with three of a kind, Threes
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 3,930 | Rake 0
    Board: [4h 4c 7c 3c 3d]
    Seat 1: Iain Negreanu (small blind) showed [6h Ac Ah Js] and lost with two pair, Aces and Fours
    Seat 2: DominatorVI (big blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 3: carlao_ba folded before the Flop
    Seat 4: beeflip folded before the Flop
    Seat 5: javichac didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 6: Galeforce12 showed [3h Qs 5c As] and won (3,930) with three of a kind, Threes
    Seat 7: in284 didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 9: KeenTiger (button) didn't bet (folded)

    I know he 'had' to call my bet on the flop, but still, gut shot or runner runner only outs right? I'm even holding one of his gutshot outs! Can't believe I didn't win this one, fucking sick. Getting fed up.

    Not a good situation to be in, or maybe its better, the smaller my roll, the more I know I can't do anything stupid!

    Won a $3.30 step 1 last night, to play another $8.7 sat tourney today for $55, but lost. Have to share this hand from the $3.30 game though! (Not a bad beat for me, I'm not even in it......)

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33073224296: Step 1 (257362519), Table 1 - NL Hold'em - 15/30 - 00:39:22 ET - 2013/08/05
    Seat 1: Iain Negreanu (1,350)
    Seat 2: thomasm5 (1,680)
    Seat 3: Bossgirl54 (1,395)
    Seat 4: astronuts (1,470)
    Seat 5: Luna Lov3good (1,605)
    Seat 6: plop86 (1,500)
    Seat 7: XxPOKESTERxX (1,500)
    Seat 8: tobias-barta (1,500)
    Seat 9: capitinne67kerr (1,500)
    astronuts posts the small blind of 15
    Luna Lov3good posts the big blind of 30
    The button is in seat #3
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [9d 2h]
    plop86 folds
    XxPOKESTERxX raises to 90
    tobias-barta folds
    capitinne67kerr calls 90
    Iain Negreanu folds
    thomasm5 calls 90
    Bossgirl54 has 15 seconds left to act
    Bossgirl54 raises to 395
    astronuts folds
    Luna Lov3good folds
    XxPOKESTERxX has 15 seconds left to act
    XxPOKESTERxX calls 305
    thomasm5 has been disconnected
    capitinne67kerr raises to 700
    thomasm5 has 15 seconds left to act
    thomasm5 has 89 seconds to reconnect
    Bossgirl54: will you fold if i shove
    XxPOKESTERxX is feeling confused
    XxPOKESTERxX is feeling happy
    XxPOKESTERxX is feeling normal
    thomasm5 has timed out
    thomasm5 folds
    thomasm5 is sitting out
    Bossgirl54 raises to 1,395, and is all in
    XxPOKESTERxX folds
    capitinne67kerr calls 695
    Bossgirl54 shows [Qc Qd]
    capitinne67kerr shows [Ad 3d]
    *** FLOP *** [4h Ks As] (Total Pot: 3,320, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** TURN *** [4h Ks As] [8c] (Total Pot: 3,320, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** RIVER *** [4h Ks As 8c] [3h] (Total Pot: 3,320, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    Bossgirl54 shows a pair of Queens
    capitinne67kerr shows two pair, Aces and Threes
    capitinne67kerr wins the pot (3,320) with two pair, Aces and Threes
    Bossgirl54: a3?
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 3,320 | Rake 0
    Board: [4h Ks As 8c 3h]
    Seat 1: Iain Negreanu didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 2: thomasm5 folded before the Flop
    Seat 3: Bossgirl54 (button) showed [Qc Qd] and lost with a pair of Queens
    Seat 4: astronuts (small blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 5: Luna Lov3good (big blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 6: plop86 didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 7: XxPOKESTERxX folded before the Flop
    Seat 8: tobias-barta didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 9: capitinne67kerr showed [Ad 3d] and won (3,320) with two pair, Aces and Threes

    Just crazy. Does he really think the other guy/girl is at it??

    He also shoved 67o pre flop into a raise when the other player called with QQ, and he won that one too!

    He still managed to go out in 6th place, re-shoving 6-3o into KK pre, and A6o into my aces, (I know, couldn't believe they actually held! ) All of this while the blinds were very low. Mental. He had other all ins of course, but they were not called.

    Ah well, could do with a nice wee win before playing my $55 sat, just to keep my confidence up, esp in another $8.7 sat, so I know I have 2 chances to make the NL Irish game.............

  12. #136
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Ever get that feeling when you want the other players to just FUCK OFF!!!

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33082203132: SupSat to FTOPS #12 (257415739), Table 1 - NL Irish - 40/80 - 23:18:35 ET - 2013/08/06
    Seat 5: Iain Negreanu (2,733)
    Seat 6: KOTLYAREVSKAYA (514)
    Seat 7: mekan0001 (3,518)
    Seat 9: jukadabraj (5,235)
    Iain Negreanu posts the small blind of 40
    KOTLYAREVSKAYA posts the big blind of 80
    The button is in seat #9
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [As 6c 8c Js]
    mekan0001 raises to 280
    jukadabraj folds
    Iain Negreanu calls 240
    KOTLYAREVSKAYA folds
    *** FLOP *** [3c 3s Jc] (Total Pot: 640, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu checks
    mekan0001 bets 340
    Iain Negreanu raises to 680
    mekan0001 has 15 seconds left to act
    mekan0001 calls 340
    *** DISCARD ROUND *** (Total Pot: 2,000, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu discards [6c 8c]
    mekan0001 discards
    *** TURN *** [3c 3s Jc] [2d] (Total Pot: 2,000, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu bets 1,773, and is all in
    mekan0001 calls 1,773
    Iain Negreanu shows [As Js]
    mekan0001 shows [Jd 3h]
    *** RIVER *** [3c 3s Jc 2d] [4s] (Total Pot: 5,546, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    Iain Negreanu shows two pair, Jacks and Threes
    mekan0001 shows a full house, Threes full of Jacks
    mekan0001 wins the pot (5,546) with a full house, Threes full of Jacks
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 5,546 | Rake 0
    Board: [3c 3s Jc 2d 4s]
    Seat 5: Iain Negreanu (small blind) showed [As Js] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Threes
    Seat 6: KOTLYAREVSKAYA (big blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 7: mekan0001 showed [Jd 3h] and won (5,546) with a full house, Threes full of Jacks
    Seat 9: jukadabraj (button) didn't bet (folded)

    Just don't know why its going soooooo wrong for me at NL Irish just now.

    I was doing very well at this one too, then 2 total donkeys went all in, one gave away their chips and the other got Lucky, the J3 guy of course! But I went from comfortable chip leader, to 3rd in chips, within about 3 hands because of the other 2 allins.....

    That guy raised in position almost every hand. Should have known he had something when he called the re-raise perhaps. Damn it, DO NOT have a good feeling about my sat tomorrow, and even if I do get through that, I just think the main event will be a huge let down. Just can't win anything right now...........

  13. #137
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Right, thats it, just fuck off, fuck off, and fuck off again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33082309665: $5 Sit & Go (257456197), Table 1 - NL Hold'em - 50/100 - 00:09:22 ET - 2013/08/07
    Seat 2: Sangfroid87 (6,040)
    Seat 3: Electron Gun (1,435), is sitting out
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (1,680)
    Seat 9: G Thanks (4,345)
    Iain Negreanu posts the small blind of 50
    G Thanks posts the big blind of 100
    The button is in seat #3
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [Qs Kc]
    Sangfroid87 folds
    Electron Gun folds
    Iain Negreanu raises to 250
    G Thanks calls 150
    *** FLOP *** [7s 2d Kh] (Total Pot: 500, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu bets 300
    G Thanks calls 300
    *** TURN *** [7s 2d Kh] [6d] (Total Pot: 1,100, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu bets 1,130, and is all in
    G Thanks calls 1,130
    Iain Negreanu shows [Qs Kc]
    G Thanks shows [Ks 7d]
    *** RIVER *** [7s 2d Kh 6d] [Ah] (Total Pot: 3,360, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    Iain Negreanu shows a pair of Kings
    G Thanks shows two pair, Kings and Sevens
    G Thanks wins the pot (3,360) with two pair, Kings and Sevens
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 3,360 | Rake 0
    Board: [7s 2d Kh 6d Ah]
    Seat 2: Sangfroid87 didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 3: Electron Gun (button) didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 6: Iain Negreanu (small blind) showed [Qs Kc] and lost with a pair of Kings
    Seat 9: G Thanks (big blind) showed [Ks 7d] and won (3,360) with two pair, Kings and Sevens

    What do I need to do to get a fucking cash!!!!!

  14. #138
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    To top it all off, just checked my $55 sat game, and although there are 5, FIVE, guaranteed entries to the NL Irish $215 game, with just 11 hours to go, I am the only person registered!!

    Not sure what would be the biggest let down, being knocked out, or the qualifer being voided. Only needs 6 players minimum to get it started too..........

  15. #139
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    I just KNEW some Lucky donkey fish would ruin it for me!!!

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33084241055: Sat to FTOPS #12 (256321655), Table 2 - NL Irish - 50/100 Ante 10 - 12:45:08 ET - 2013/08/07
    Seat 1: lagerblom (1,222)
    Seat 2: edbew (2,216)
    Seat 3: Iain Negreanu (1,462)
    Seat 4: DoktorGre (1,870)
    Seat 6: Tokei-ski (1,225)
    Seat 8: luckyssstrike (10,064)
    Seat 9: PagodaUk (1,203)
    lagerblom antes 10
    edbew antes 10
    Iain Negreanu antes 10
    DoktorGre antes 10
    Tokei-ski antes 10
    luckyssstrike antes 10
    PagodaUk antes 10
    DoktorGre posts the small blind of 50
    Tokei-ski posts the big blind of 100
    The button is in seat #3
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [2s Kc Js Ks]
    luckyssstrike folds
    PagodaUk has 15 seconds left to act
    PagodaUk raises to 250
    lagerblom folds
    edbew folds
    Iain Negreanu raises to 1,452, and is all in
    DoktorGre folds
    Tokei-ski folds
    IGieeR sits down
    PagodaUk calls 943, and is all in
    Uncalled bet of 259 returned to Iain Negreanu
    *** FLOP *** [Ac Ad 2h] (Total Pot: 2,606, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** DISCARD ROUND *** (Total Pot: 2,606, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    PagodaUk discards
    Iain Negreanu discards [2s Js]
    Iain Negreanu shows [Kc Ks]
    PagodaUk shows [Kd As]
    *** TURN *** [Ac Ad 2h] [8d] (Total Pot: 2,606, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** RIVER *** [Ac Ad 2h 8d] [Ts] (Total Pot: 2,606, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    Iain Negreanu shows two pair, Aces and Kings
    PagodaUk shows three of a kind, Aces
    PagodaUk wins the pot (2,606) with three of a kind, Aces
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 2,606 | Rake 0
    Board: [Ac Ad 2h 8d Ts]
    Seat 1: lagerblom folded before the Flop
    Seat 2: edbew folded before the Flop
    Seat 3: Iain Negreanu (button) showed [Kc Ks] and lost with two pair, Aces and Kings
    Seat 4: DoktorGre (small blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 6: Tokei-ski (big blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 8: luckyssstrike folded before the Flop
    Seat 9: PagodaUk showed [Kd As] and won (2,606) with three of a kind, Aces

    If he had even shoved with the AK, I couldn't have too many complaints. I WOULD HAVE, of course! But he raised, and then called my shove?? What does he think I have? He is basically hoping I have a pair, and he is going to get Lucky. And he did!!

    I shoved in my last 2 big blinds here, which I think is pretty standard, and considering the fact the other guy only called pre, I figure I probably have the best cards pre anyway, which certainly became the best post!

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33084245728: Sat to FTOPS #12 (256321655), Table 2 - NL Irish - 60/120 Ante 15 - 12:46:21 ET - 2013/08/07
    Seat 1: lagerblom (1,202)
    Seat 2: edbew (2,196)
    Seat 3: Iain Negreanu (249)
    Seat 4: DoktorGre (1,800)
    Seat 6: Tokei-ski (1,055)
    Seat 7: IGieeR (2,120)
    Seat 8: luckyssstrike (10,044)
    Seat 9: PagodaUk (2,596)
    lagerblom antes 15
    edbew antes 15
    Iain Negreanu antes 15
    DoktorGre antes 15
    Tokei-ski antes 15
    IGieeR antes 15
    luckyssstrike antes 15
    PagodaUk antes 15
    IGieeR posts the small blind of 60
    luckyssstrike posts the big blind of 120
    The button is in seat #6
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [9d Ts Jd Kh]
    PagodaUk folds
    lagerblom folds
    edbew has 15 seconds left to act
    edbew calls 120
    Iain Negreanu raises to 234, and is all in
    DoktorGre folds
    Tokei-ski folds
    IGieeR calls 174
    luckyssstrike has 15 seconds left to act
    luckyssstrike calls 114
    edbew calls 114
    *** FLOP *** [8s 7s 6d] (Total Pot: 1,056, 4 Players, 1 All-In)
    IGieeR checks
    luckyssstrike checks
    edbew bets 1,947, and is all in
    IGieeR folds
    luckyssstrike folds
    Uncalled bet of 1,947 returned to edbew
    *** DISCARD ROUND *** (Total Pot: 1,056, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    edbew discards
    15 seconds left to act
    Iain Negreanu discards [Jd Kh]
    edbew shows [6c 9h]
    Iain Negreanu shows [9d Ts]
    *** TURN *** [8s 7s 6d] [7h] (Total Pot: 1,056, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** RIVER *** [8s 7s 6d 7h] [2d] (Total Pot: 1,056, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    edbew shows two pair, Sevens and Sixes
    Iain Negreanu shows a straight, Ten high
    Iain Negreanu wins the pot (1,056) with a straight, Ten high
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 1,056 | Rake 0
    Board: [8s 7s 6d 7h 2d]
    Seat 1: lagerblom folded before the Flop
    Seat 2: edbew showed [6c 9h] and lost with two pair, Sevens and Sixes
    Seat 3: Iain Negreanu showed [9d Ts] and won (1,056) with a straight, Ten high
    Seat 4: DoktorGre folded before the Flop
    Seat 6: Tokei-ski (button) folded before the Flop
    Seat 7: IGieeR (small blind) folded on the Flop
    Seat 8: luckyssstrike (big blind) folded on the Flop
    Seat 9: PagodaUk folded before the Flop

    The AK donkey fish spewtard even called me Lucky! LOL, the other guy shoved with bottom pair open ended straight, and my flopped straight held, and he calls me Lucky, after putting his tournament life on the line, CALLING the tightest player at the table, with AKXX........ Go figure! If having the best, (perhaps drawing), hand pre, hitting the flop hard as, and holding is Lucky, then so be it, but if I got 'Lucky' more often, I would win these things all the effing time......!!!!!

    I don't even need to get Lucky, could just do with having the best hand hold up every now and again!!

    The situation was still bleak though, 6 places paid, and there were 6 players left at each table, me one from last. So I shove with here. I don't think there is any room whatsoever for me to raise fold, with just less than 10 bigs and in absolute desp need of at least a double up, and raise call is just plain dumb. Anyway, my actual exit hand, (although the KK losing to AK when that would have put me on almost 3K, is pretty much where it went wrong!)

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33084272815: Sat to FTOPS #12 (256321655), Table 2 - NL Irish - 60/120 Ante 15 - 12:53:07 ET - 2013/08/07
    Seat 1: lagerblom (902)
    Seat 3: Iain Negreanu (1,191)
    Seat 4: DoktorGre (1,500)
    Seat 7: IGieeR (5,563)
    Seat 8: luckyssstrike (9,810)
    Seat 9: PagodaUk (2,296)
    lagerblom antes 15
    Iain Negreanu antes 15
    DoktorGre antes 15
    IGieeR antes 15
    luckyssstrike antes 15
    PagodaUk antes 15
    IGieeR posts the small blind of 60
    luckyssstrike posts the big blind of 120
    The button is in seat #6
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [5c Kd Ah 2d]
    PagodaUk folds
    lagerblom folds
    Iain Negreanu raises to 1,176, and is all in
    DoktorGre folds
    IGieeR has 15 seconds left to act
    IGieeR has requested TIME
    IGieeR calls 1,116
    luckyssstrike folds
    *** FLOP *** [7s 7h 9h] (Total Pot: 2,562, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** DISCARD ROUND *** (Total Pot: 2,562, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    IGieeR discards
    Iain Negreanu discards [5c 2d]
    Iain Negreanu shows [Kd Ah]
    IGieeR shows [Tc Td]
    *** TURN *** [7s 7h 9h] [6s] (Total Pot: 2,562, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** RIVER *** [7s 7h 9h 6s] [8c] (Total Pot: 2,562, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    Iain Negreanu shows a pair of Sevens
    IGieeR shows a straight, Ten high
    IGieeR wins the pot (2,562) with a straight, Ten high
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 2,562 | Rake 0
    Board: [7s 7h 9h 6s 8c]
    Seat 1: lagerblom folded before the Flop
    Seat 3: Iain Negreanu showed [Kd Ah] and lost with a pair of Sevens
    Seat 4: DoktorGre folded before the Flop
    Seat 7: IGieeR (small blind) showed [Tc Td] and won (2,562) with a straight, Ten high
    Seat 8: luckyssstrike (big blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 9: PagodaUk folded before the Flop

    Yeah, I get Lucky...............

    Dumbass couldn't even qualify with all that luck, he made the final table, but can you believe, with the blinds at 80/160/20, he has 1,141 chips left, it folds to him in the hijack, and he FOLDS, with the big blind sitting on 1,779 chips!! He is 9th in chips, at the 9 player final table, 6 qualify, he is last in chips, there are 420 chips in the middle, and he folds on the one person at the final table who can't really call with 'pot odds', as they would end up basically out if they called and lost with rubbish. He has 7 big blinds, and there are antes, what he hell is he waiting for??? 4 people to go all in on the same hand, while there is a shorty at the table.......

    In the end he waited for the blinds to be 100/200/20 to shove 1K chips, 5 big blinds, under the gun! LOL so he gives 5 players, not inc the blinds, to find a hand Worth only 5 big blinds, to call him with, pretty amazing equity for the big stacks to knock him out, well played!!! Don't know his cards of course, but it appears to not be very much, certainly not AA or even AK this time, as he goes with 67 on a 4-5-K flop. Could have got Lucky against 10-10, but I guess even spewtard donkey fish luck only stretches so far!!!

    This hand goes a long way to showing why I thought I had a good chance of getting into the $215, and why I like playing NL Irish, (it probably even shows why I usually win, but also get so annoyed at the donkey suckouts, there weren't any in this instance, but he had a lot of outs!!!)

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33084190137: Sat to FTOPS #12 (256321655), Table 2 - NL Irish - 40/80 - 12:32:09 ET - 2013/08/07
    Seat 1: lagerblom (1,006)
    Seat 2: edbew (5,328)
    Seat 3: Iain Negreanu (1,076)
    Seat 6: Tokei-ski (1,605)
    Seat 8: luckyssstrike (4,295)
    Seat 9: PagodaUk (1,952)
    lagerblom posts the small blind of 40
    edbew posts the big blind of 80
    The button is in seat #9
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [2h 8s 5h 5d]
    Iain Negreanu folds
    Tokei-ski folds
    luckyssstrike raises to 240
    PagodaUk has 15 seconds left to act
    PagodaUk folds
    lagerblom folds
    edbew raises to 5,328, and is all in
    luckyssstrike has 15 seconds left to act
    luckyssstrike has requested TIME
    luckyssstrike calls 4,055, and is all in
    Uncalled bet of 1,033 returned to edbew
    *** FLOP *** [6h 9h 2d] (Total Pot: 8,630, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** DISCARD ROUND *** (Total Pot: 8,630, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    luckyssstrike discards
    15 seconds left to act
    edbew discards
    edbew shows [Kc 2s]
    luckyssstrike shows [Qh Qs]
    *** TURN *** [6h 9h 2d] [4d] (Total Pot: 8,630, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** RIVER *** [6h 9h 2d 4d] [7c] (Total Pot: 8,630, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    edbew shows a pair of Twos
    luckyssstrike shows a pair of Queens
    luckyssstrike wins the pot (8,630) with a pair of Queens
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 8,630 | Rake 0
    Board: [6h 9h 2d 4d 7c]
    Seat 1: lagerblom (small blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 2: edbew (big blind) showed [Kc 2s] and lost with a pair of Twos
    Seat 3: Iain Negreanu didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 6: Tokei-ski didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 8: luckyssstrike showed [Qh Qs] and won (8,630) with a pair of Queens
    Seat 9: PagodaUk (button) didn't bet (folded)

    K2xx yeah, that must be Worth a re-raise shove!!!

    Anyway, pissed off beyond all control right now.

    Better switch off before I do something pretty stupid........

  16. #140
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    So it goes without saying, (although I did above! ), that I was pretty devestated today. Really really gutted. I totally had dreams of qualifying for that NL Irish $215 FTOPS game, and cashing for a nice score. But it wasn't to be.

    It had me asking some questions of myself. Just how much of a player do I consider myself to be. I mean, I think I'm pretty good, I seem to turn a profit in most games when I put my mind to it, and I play my A game a lot. Most of my defeats tend to be big ones, when I really tilt, which means I am not very professional at all, but hey, I'm not trying to be either, just a recreational player, with hopes and dreams!

    But obviously I can improve a lot still. Particularly on my outright bluffing. I think I semi bluff quite well, but I just don't see the point in firing all 3 barrells most of the time. (Perhaps in low stakes, it really isn't a good plan, but I keep jumping between mirco and mid/high, so I need to change my game accordingly too I think.)

    Today went bad for a variety of reasons I think. I was more nervous, I did play a bit cautiously at times, but I also didn't get the cards. And it wasn't often the river wasn't seen, never mind a turn or flop! So bluffing wouldn't have worked out too well for me imo. I tried to keep myself in the game, by keeping as many chips as possible, and looking for a good situation. In the end, that plan didn't to sooo bad. I put myself in a position to win a pretty big pot, and had the higher % chance of winning it versus my opponent. So I wasn't looking to get Lucky, just not be unlucky. But needing 5 cards out the deck to not be an ace, ended up being too much of an ask. Then the usual thing happened, I manage to get a bit 'lucky' and quadruple my ultra short stack, making me think I could just come back, and then I go out in a 50/50. Think thats what made me feel worse, I lost KK vs AK, then couldn't even get a little slice of luck back with AK vs 10-10......

    They say you shouldn't gamble, what you can't afford to lose. I have Always believed that to be 100% true. But I was Always thinking it was about the Money. But today, as with many other times, I thinked I gambled too much of my sanity. Not being funny. I really think I had far too much invested, emotionally in that game today. And that is something I need to get rid off, asap!

    I could have played again tonight, a $8.70 sat, to hopefully qualify for another $55 turbo NL Irish qualifier for the big one tomorrow. But you know what, fuck it. Shit happens, and even if I did qualify, something would happen during the $215 game that would piss me off. It would, lets be realistic, anything other than a win, would be annoying. I say that a min cash would be great, because it would boost my roll, but would I be happy with going out with a min cash, I doubt it! And even 2nd, for mega bucks, I would probably be moaning about some bad beat or similar, and almost winning blah blah blah. I moan too much. Not saying I am going to stop! But its important to recognise that I do.

    After I calmed down, and it did take quite some time.......!! I went out for a bit. I got into my car, nothing great, but it is a car, and it is mine, so something that a lot of people don't have. Drove in the 30c Sunshine , (pretty sure most folks Reading this from the UK can't say that, even in the summer! ) Spoke to a few people, all who seemed very happy, and talked about playing footie later on. A quick chat with my wife made things better too! (If your married your probably doubting this, but she did really seem genuinely sad for me, if not actually understanding the whole ins and outs, and the fact she was happy, having a good day, really did make me feel better.) The last few days were looking a bit tough on the business, but today was just good News, good News and more good News, so thats all good! And of course, my son, its difficult to say just how much he means, but he is healthy and happy, and lots and lots of trouble!

    So you know, sometimes, a bit of reflection is all it takes to see how Lucky you are! Who wouldn't make some changes? The car isn't a Porsche 911, the house isn't a penthouse, or a mansion, etc etc. But so what, is that whats really important? Is it bollocks!! I'm going to have to refrain from comparing my life to a poker hand, openended straight flush draw or whatever, just too cheesy! But yeah, I decided to just chill tonight, made the tea, had a glass of wine and watched a movie with my wife, without even looking at my watch to see if it would finish in time for this game or that game, and you know what, it was great!

    I think there are a lot more sng's on stars, so I might make the switch, or move over a part of the roll or whatever. But thats it for me, tournaments are not the priority. They are fun, you can win big, and I will of oourse still play them. But waiting all week, to see if I will manage or not, or spending all that time looking forward to it. Hmmmmm, don't want to do that too often.

    I do still want to play in the BSOP, but not for the Money. I really just want to do it for the fun of it. To enjoy playing in it. No pressure. And thats how I want my online tournaments too. I am not a slave, I'm not even a worker, when it comes to poker. I want to play my poker like a recreational golf player. Go out in the Sunshine and play to have fun, and see if I can beat my last score/friends. Sometimes there will be a big game, a competition if you like, but if it doesn't fit my schedule, if I need to make too many adjustments, then no. I hate playing golf in the rain, (too be honest, I haven't played golf in years, and I usually played flog anyway! So perhaps its not the best analogy), but I do remember heading out to play on a nice summers day, during the school holidays. And thats the same feeling I want to get from poker. If I can't be bothered playing, then stuff it, I wont. I'm only going to play when I really really want too. When I get some butterflies thinking about allins and re-raises etc etc. It might go all wrong, just like that first tee shot into the woods. But if you get to the first tee, in a bad mood, your chances of hitting the first ball out of bounds, and having a crap round are so much higher, than if you get to the first tee in good spirits.

    Actually, forget golf, Friday nights at the Casino in Dundee for the 10 and 20 quid sng's, or sundays at styx, thats when I had the most fun! Online will never be the same as that, but it can come close, but not if I play every night, and certainly not getting all worked up. I might even play tomorrow, but only because I want to, and only if I log on and see something I want to play. Poker is going to be more fun, not saying I will call everything and play bad, I will still play to win, but I need to want to play first and foremost. I shouldn't care if its a $0.50 buyin or a $100 buyin, its not the amount won, its the winning, or the playing well and having fun.

    Of course I want to win another $600, and so on. But I'm not going to break my back, or my mind , trying. And thats the line for me. I could have been determined, and tried again to qualify, and I very well might have. But I think that would have been crossing the line. Perhaps thats what it takes, but no, I'm going to stay this side of the line. I understand the mantra that you need to fully commit to something to succeed and blah, but I think with poker, you could end up committed to a nice White room with padded walls!

    Maybe the pro's have given up too much of something else, who knows. But no thanks, I still want to have my poker dreams, I want to qualify for the WSOP etc, but if I do ever get there, and I don't want to have given anything up to be there, and I want to take my bad beat on the first day, and say, hey ho, whatever, shit happens. At the end of day, things could be a lot worse you know!

    Also, I watched the final hand of that qualifier. There was a shorty on just over 2K chips, with blinds at 150/300/30. On his big blind, one of the other shortish players on 3K raises to 750, behind him another player with just less goes allin. First raiser insta calls with his AA, first all in has KK, which he of course kept on the king high flop! Out 7th, AA vs KK, while holding the AA. That must have sucked, and not sure I could have handled that at all....... So for sure, the biggest thing I need to work on, is that. Just accepting the loss and moving on. And I think starting mentality and game types played will have a big effect on that.

    Ah well, lets see anyway!

  17. #141

    Going through the emotional treadmill Iain. In answer to your question about "how much of a player do you consider yourself to be". You have to know that you ARE a good player and can reason pots and bets out and have a good grip of the mathematics of he game. The only shame is that no matter how good you are or how good the cards you are dealt are there will always be that luck variance. You can't win the mall mate but this thread is a testament to how well you have done from page 1 up til now.

  18. #142
    VIP Member TheFlyFifer's Avatar
    Auckland N.Z.

    So much info its difficult to know where to begin.

    Lets start with the KK V AK - Irish is a hard one to discuss. For all we know and please correct me if Im wrong)
    he could have had As Kd Kh Qd or As Kd Qx Qx
    - You might think im reaching here and I probably am but my point is this :- Would it have made you feel better if you had known?

    Its annoying more so becasue we don't know.

    when I played Live DC 1/1 - Irish was a popular game we played a lot of variations of it 5/6 card with a discard round on the flop and turn (depending on numbers of course) and the one thing I remember most and this goes for Omaha 4/5/6 card as well that lots of players always saw the flop didnt matter if it was for 5-10-20 or 47 pounds pre - the bets were relative to the money the people had in their pocket

    Ok - yes - this has no relevance to tournament Irish but having never played Irish in a tournament I can only draw on my own experiences of it.

    I think my point is something along the lines of this - flipping preflop in multicard games is never going to be a +EV move

    Ok in your example you didnt flip pre - but by raising large preflop you make the post flop decisions a lot easier for all players involved.

    My experience of low stakes (any stakes) online poker is simple - Im a losing player.

    Online poker for me was most always a convenience thing - I always preferred playing in a live environment.

    Im sure it is the same for a large amount of recreational players who play for fun and are happy to take the losses Personally I dont think I ever has the stamina/willpower/skill whatever to give online poker a serious go, I like you was susceptiple to tilt, I also got bored and did stupid things - things i seemed to be able to avoid when playing live.

    I also appeared to lose the ability to focus when I stopped smoking tobacco and with it copious amounts of weed but thats another story.

    Overall I believe you know your strengths and weaknesses - based on the number of rants ive read you seem to be rather reflective - and reflection is good

    The hardest part is putting it into practice and making the knowledge gained from the reflection process a reality - with this I can offer no help to you thats a battle you will have to undertake yourself.

    Good luck with it.

    Veni, vidi, vici

  19. #143
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Thanks guys!

    Hope I have not given the impression of giving up or anything like that....... Just maybe changing my outlook on things, and maybe cutting down on some game time. Quality over quantity if you like.

    Thanks BBT, I have come to the conclussion that most of the Money I made from NL Irish, some of which had added extra to the prize pool of course, was because it had a small semi reqular playing pool. You get to know how people play. I was able to lay down some big hands, knowing people probably had AA pre flop all in, or had made the nutz on the river. I also think, that it was more a case of the other players being quite bad, more than it was me being quite good. Not being able to play NL Irish so much these days has effected me, I was really enjoying those games, and it was good for my bankroll too!

    Sounds like our experiences of NL Irish are quite dif, the fly fifer. You played mostly live cash, and I have played mostly online tournaments, so polar opposites really. But still very interested in your experiences. I think you are quite correct, people, especially in 4 cards or more varients of poker, really really want to see flops. I think thats what I was able to take advantage of in the other tournaments. I saw a lot of flops too, but cheap, and folded straight away if I didn't fall in love with it. Most people hang around for too long, not being able to make up their minds, 'seeing the next card', then not sure if the other player is bluffing the river etc.

    There was a lot of re-raising, using position and isolating I noticed in my sat game. I wasn't used to that. I tend to play my cards much more than the player. Its a strategy that got me quite far, but that doesn't mean its the best one. In the sat game, I really didn't get cards, so getting value from good hands just didn't happen.

    As for the KK vs AK, I think we can be pretty certain he didn't have some kind of 'monster' with AKKX or AKQQ, as he took an absolute age to make the call, the timer almost ran down timing him out, and I believe those hands would be snap calls in his position, (short stacked.) I might have felt better knowing all 4 of his cards, but I doubt it. I think his raise was not the best play, and if he was planning on raise calling, he is better to just shove first I think. Guess it depends on his exact cards maybe, but the timer running down, suggests to me, that he had raised thinking he had a good hand but was happy with the blinds, and when I shoved he couldn't work out if he was way behind, or could maybe catch up, and in the end, decided to gamble a bit. I mean, getting AA beat by KK is annoying, but you can't really blame the KK for the call. But in some situations, I believe calling an allin with AK, is a bad play. (There are times where its a snap call and never a fold, but this for me, just wasn't one of them. There were also some words exchanged, , so I believe he would have justified his call by saying the other cards, if they had been huge, like KK or QQ.

    Watched some of the $215 game today, I have all 117 hands of the final table to look at, and some 1K hands in total......

    Could take a while, and as someone once said about a bunch of shreaded papers, 'a little time and a lot of tape'.......

    I will try to have a look at as many of the hands as possible, and analyse some of the plays. Maybe try to get some figures on how well AA, KK and QQ hold up to being allin and getting one caller, and stuff like that. Esp as compared to Holdem. I see what you mean by going all in pre in these types of games TFF, but, its also a good way of getting max value. As you say, some people will call almost anything to see that flop, but will insta fold if they miss. So shoving with AA, makes sure that if they miss, you still get full value.

    Well, that would be in theory anyway!

    Ok, didn't play today, and just hope I still have all those hands to look at tomorrow, could be interesting.......

  20. #144

    Coffee for @Negreanu. Good Luck with the analysis !

  21. #145
    VIP Member TheFlyFifer's Avatar
    Auckland N.Z.

    I have found that discussing hands with others gives you a different perspective so if you can don't do your analysis alone.

    Some of the best advice/suggestions/views come from those who have a completely different style of play to you - also gives you a window into the thoughts of others which can be used to your advantage.

    I might try and play a NL Irish tourne - Can be difficult with work/kid/time difference as when I have logged on to FT recently there had not been any due to start - may need to make a conscious effort to try and make a game at a specific time (it'll never happen)

    :)
    Veni, vidi, vici

  22. #146
    VIP Member KerouacsDog's Avatar
    Mar 2013
    Location
    torquay

    excellent thread OP, really interesting. I used to play at FT, started with $50, and with careful brm I ran it up to a few thousand before cashing the most of it out to buy a car. Before that i was specialising in 200plo HU, thats a real rollercoaster ride. anyway, sorry about the brag, just really wanted to wish you all the best mate.

  23. #147
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Sorry for the lack of updates, but not been playing any games online at all lately. Mixture of being very busy, and the internet connection going all funny at night. Looking into a new provider, and expect to be less busy soon, so hopefully get the internet sorted by then........

    Played a couple of live games with friends, will see if I have the time, (and can remember the hands/bets), to post some hands from that.

    Hope everyone else is having luck and or fun at the tables though!!!

  24. #148
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Might be back!!!

    Took a self impossed break of a week or so, but when I wanted to start playing again, the internet was going funny. Kept cutting out, usually at night, (when I normally play), so was pretty annoying!

    Much complaining later, it seems to have been working non stop for the last 48 hours, it was getting late, and wasn't starting any tournaments till I had more confidence, but decided to give rush a wee spin before heading off to bed, and glad I did......

    Full Tilt Poker Game #33201085652: Table Bazinga (6 max) - NL Hold'em - $0.02/$0.05 - 01:29:59 ET - 2013/09/02
    Seats: 6
    Seat 1: Iain Negreanu ($5)
    Seat 2: tricoualb ($8.64)
    Seat 3: tigereye14 ($5.25)
    Seat 4: downeastboy1 ($2.89)
    Seat 5: Muzikman78 ($6.10)
    Seat 6: HONNEYDE ($5.67)
    Iain Negreanu posts the small blind of $0.02
    tricoualb posts the big blind of $0.05
    The button is in seat #6
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [8s 7s]
    tigereye14 folds
    downeastboy1 folds
    Muzikman78 folds
    HONNEYDE folds
    Iain Negreanu raises to $0.10
    tricoualb calls $0.05
    *** FLOP *** [4h 8h 5s] (Total Pot: $0.20, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu bets $0.12
    tricoualb raises to $0.40
    Iain Negreanu calls $0.28
    *** TURN *** [4h 8h 5s] [6c] (Total Pot: $1, 2 Players)
    Iain Negreanu checks
    tricoualb bets $1.34
    Iain Negreanu has 15 seconds left to act
    Iain Negreanu raises to $4.50, and is all in
    tricoualb calls $3.16
    Iain Negreanu shows [8s 7s]
    tricoualb shows [5d 8c]
    *** RIVER *** [4h 8h 5s 6c] [Ah] (Total Pot: $10, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    Iain Negreanu shows a straight, Eight high
    tricoualb shows two pair, Eights and Fives
    Iain Negreanu wins the pot ($9.50) with a straight, Eight high
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $10 | Rake $0.50
    Board: [4h 8h 5s 6c Ah]
    Seat 1: Iain Negreanu (small blind) showed [8s 7s] and won ($9.50) with a straight, Eight high
    Seat 2: tricoualb (big blind) showed [5d 8c] and lost with two pair, Eights and Fives
    Seat 3: tigereye14 didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 4: downeastboy1 didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 5: Muzikman78 didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 6: HONNEYDE (button) didn't bet (folded)

    I got pretty Lucky on the turn, it has to be said. But I think I would have folded top pair médium kicker to a lot of pressure, especially the over bet, on the turn. I min raised pre, not looking to start a huge pot, but happy for the big to fold rubbish, (they obv thought I was bluffing though, and called with the great bluff catcher 5-8o..... )

    I bet the flop, and got raised. Was expecting that to happen at rush though, and though lots of good draws or even complete bluffs quite possible, so I called to see what the turn brought, (more in terms of his bet size, than hitting my gut shot......)

    I was going for a check raise, as I wasn't expecting him to slow down much, as he was already raising on a flop with a possible straight. Was not expecting such an overbet though!

    At this point I changed my mind. I didn't think he was on a draw anymore and had him on some kind of monster, scared of a flush. A set or something similar. I decided going all in would look more like I was semi bluffing on a flush/straight draw, and if I only min raised, I might not like the river if he called.

    So I shoved, and he called.

    Only played about 5 mins, wish that happed every 5 mins..........!!!

    Least I go to bed happy, and can test the water again tomorrow night...............

  25. #149

    Nice to get a dbl through in a short time.

  26. #150
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Needless to say, the internet went downhill, I was actually without it totally for a while, so sorry for the lack of updates. I did manage to play the MTOPS NL Irish $22 buyin before I lost the internet, will update on that soon. But the good News it that it all seems fixed now!!!

    Played some low stakes cash the last couple of nights and finished up, although I didn't play for long. I am thinking I might try to play more cash, get out my comfort zone, and keep playing when I am winning, and also try really hard to quit when I have only lost a little, rather than play on and either re-coup the loss or end up losing even more.........

    Anyway, been quite busy lately, so will post some hands from the NL Irish tournament, and a couple from the cash sessions. Roll dropped a bit, (probably a bit of a giveaway that I didn't cash in the $22 game ), but is back at $134. I guess some of those aims I was looking at making maybe went a bit out the window, but then again, I was only missing in action for a bit more than a month, and they were for the year, so will review where I am at with them later also.

    It's good to be back!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-03-2012, 07:20
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-03-2012, 06:39
  3. Irish Open 2012 - Hellmuth, Negreanu and more.....
    By BBTipster in forum Live Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 21:01
  4. Negreanu VBlog
    By TheFlyFifer in forum General Poker Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 13:53
  5. OFC Challenge
    By Forgotten in forum Online Tournaments & Freerolls
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-01-2009, 01:19

negreanu br challenge

what is a good hourly rate playing zoom 0.10-0.25nl

iain negraneu

negreneau straights

negreanu 20 challenge