User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 179

  1. #1
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Thumbs up Negreanu $20 challenge

    Well, I thought getting my $36 back, and ready to play, was going to be my big win for 2012! It's been a really crap year for poker really. Played the micro's at stars with a $20 bankroll, and was actually doing ok, until I got restless and wanted a quicker return, started to play bigger buy-in, and zoom, got a few bad beats and blew the lot in about 2 days! Totally unlike me, and I knew I was just too frustrated. But getting FTP back was a real bonus. I was so determined to just do well, and build slowly(ish). I had a fairly aggressive bankroll strategy, but was prepaired to drop back if I started losing. I started with $2.25 sngs. Yes, I probably didnt have technically enough buy-ins, but I knew if I ran even ok, I would me in the money more often that I would lose. I had 1 win after 3 games. The other players were pretty weak, a mixture of too aggressive, no patience, or playing far too tight, with the usual mistakes of calling of lots of chips at the start, and playing tight in the later stages, when of course, it should be the other way round.

    It was slow progress though, so I had a look at a $5 game, decided to play one, and if I lost, no matter how bad a beat, I would go back to the lower games. As it happens, I cashed in 2nd! Played another couple and came 2nd in one again. Played another couple and split the cash heads up, not 50/50, but I was a bit behind. Played some ring games and a couple more sng's at the 2.25 and 5 $ levels, with a couple of min cashes, and brought the roll up to about $54. Decided to take a shot at the $10 sng..... Brave or stooopid, not really sure. But again, I told myself, aces cracked or whatever, it was back to $5's with a bad result.

    Bad results? I laugh in the face of varience! Well, maybe for the most part, but sometimes I end up in a dark room crying having tilted the roll away...... Anyway, it was a min cash, phew! But it wasn't all plain sailing, got aces cracked by A-10 on the bubble of my next $10 sng. Tried to take it like a man, and moved down to the $2.25's, no luck, played some rush lost a $4 buy in, I'm full on tilt now, roll was at a high of $60 and now its $45. Whats the best thing to do? Probably not put $15 into a rush game of 10/25 cents...... Luckily I was able to cash out for $20 after a short while and calming down! Played some more rush at the lowest level with $4 buyin, for a small profit, stupidly played some omaha for a loss, and then played some more rush at 0.05/0.10. The roll swung back down to 36 before going back to $50. Needed to calm down, and get back to playing sensible sng's......

    Got a 1st place in a $5 sng! Then a 2nd, what was I thinking before, this is easy.......

    It's nice to be nieve sometimes! There were ups and downs, I got the roll up to 77, down to 60ish, up to 79, down to 60 something, but generally on an upward trend, playing a mix of $2.25 - $10 sngs's and rush and ring games. I got upto $100, then $134, but for some stupid reason, was determined to make it $136 before logging off..... it went down to 127 of course, back to 132, but then down and down again, till I went below $100! That was mostly rush of course and playing while on tilt, need to stop that! (Also need to go, so will continue the story asap!)

  2. #2

    Default Re: Negreanu $20 challenge

    Moved the post into your own personal challenge blog Ian. Can't wait for the next instalment and see you flip from on tilt to off tilt :) Hopefully the upward spiral continues though !

  3. #3
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Ok, lets see if I can get to the big tourney part this time, or at least get more of the story told!

    So, my game selection is awful, completely all over the place. I had taken the $36 and run it up to $134, and thought I could just play for 10 more minutes, to get it upto $136. Thats really where I thought I had got to, that I was that good. Stupid Anyway, not for learning my lessons too quickly, I was playing more rush, at stakes well above my roll, and pot limit omaha, for higher stakes too. Crazy. Not sure it was all bad beats, cant really claim that. I probably took one or two, or I certainly thought they were anyway, but they were probably more varience than anything, and started to go up in limits. Bad idea. So playing on tilt, going up limits, and changing to games I have no edge in, its hardly a surprise I found myself below $100. Possibly even lucky it wasn't more!

    To give an idea of the sickness that had overtaken me, writting this down is probably even more about trying to stop myself from doing this again, as it is to actually show where my head was at, or wasn't, as the case may be! I started one day with $122 and change. I started playing 0.05/0.10 no limit rush, with a $6 buy in. When it dropped to less than $4 I left the table and bought into the 0.10/0.25 nl rush with $12.75. I actually left up, with just over $15. But it wasn't enough, I was after some quick double up action, and so if that wasn't coming, I was going to have to play higher stakes, where a bigger pot would match my overly high expectations..... Perhaps a $25 buy in to a 6 max 0.25/0.5 would get me the action I so grossly craved. At $27+ I cashed out. It seemed I could not get the all in, and double up I was after. (Obviously the regs were too good, and were not likely to payout with hands less superiour to mine, but my greed could not see past this!)

    I was loosing at Omaha, but luckily winning at higher stakes at Rush. The roll only dropped to $117. I had a brief moment of clarity, where I played a steps tourney and a $10 sng. Lost the sng and came out the steps tourny even, didnt qualify, but won a ticket of the same amount as the buy-in..... Must have taken some kind of perceived bad beat in the $10 sng, cos I logged straight into rush no limit. ( I am doing some of this from memory, and mostly from looking at my history on full tilt). I actually left the rush game a little up, before buying into 2 $10 sng's back to back, lost both! Steaming at this point, I logged into rush 0.10/0.25 for $15.75, somehow I left with over $20! Not happy with having lost enough, (I'm sure this isn't how I felt at the time, but looking back over the actions, there are not many other explanations!), I lost more at rush no limit and omaha, thankfully I finished another $10 sng in 2nd place. From memory I got pretty unlucky heads up, but won a 50/50 on the bubble, so in my head, things had evened out, and I managed to leave it there for the day!

    Woke up the next day to realise my bankroll had been as low at $62, that includes having a buy in to cash out in a rush game, but still..... If I hadn't cashed that last sng, it would have been $72, and only double my origainal $36, when it had been so much more. Anyway, it was $95 almost $96, I needed to calm down, take stock, and find a way to move it up again without taking so many crazy risks. I was probably worried about what I was capable of though, (in terms of throwing it all away), so I only played 2 sng's, one $5 and one $10. Actually played the 10 first and the 5 after only min cashing the 10, so maybe I was finding a way to cool down. Min cashed the 5 and called it a day, on about $105.

    The next day brought about a bit of a dilema..... My plans changed, and I found out I had the whole evening free. My plans had mean't I wasn't going to play any online poker that night, but finding out I had plenty of time now, I found myself with quite a large motivation to play, to play well, and to try and win. But I really did feel like I had much more motivation to play and play well, esp in slightly lower stakes, and concentrate on playing well, rather than worrying about the results. (Although, I was sure they would follow, if I played well). I had in mind a night of playing lots of $5 sngs, and only going higher if they went well. I always log into the tourneys first though, and with more time on my hands, I thought maybe a low buyin, which migh pay out if I could get lucky. And maybe with being able to concentrate more, I could play a cheap buy in tourney and sng's at the same time. I had really only been playing 1 table at a time up till now, very occassionally playing one sng and one cash table at the same time. Anyway, I didnt find a low buyin tourney that interested me. Only a deep stacked one, (5,000 chips instead of the usual 1,500), with extended blind levels. Wow, this was right up my street! It probably wouldn't have tons of runners either, so more of a really good tournament rather than a donkament, as so many of the other turbo ones. There was only one drawback though, the buyin was $10, about 10% of my roll. I was pretty annoyed with myself. If I hadn't blown away so much of the roll, I could have bought in, without thinking too much about it. (Sure it would still be a large % of my roll, but a much smaller % of what I had already won, + it wouldnt take me below that $100 figure, I seemed to be so focused on........ There was more than 1 hour to go before it started...... Feck it, bought in and had a shower before going to pick up my fast food of choice a x-frango from doughinho's. I would play super tight while eating my tasty chicken burger, and see where I could get to......

  4. #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Negreanu View Post
    fast food of choice a x-frango from doughinho's. I would play super tight while eating my tasty chicken burger, and see where I could get to......
    Could this be a new winning pre-match routine ? Hopefully it is and this $10 tourney blows your roll sky high !

  5. #5
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    If I could do that routine every night, I would be very fat, but extremely rich!!!

    Right, I will start by saying, that while posting the last time, I was currently in a free roll, with over 6,400 people, where only the top 250 get the ticket to the actual free roll........

    The good news is, I qualified! The bad news, is why I had to be playing it........

    Well, its not all bad news though. Actually, when I started the thread, it was only good news! There were 305 runners in the $10 deepstack. And after some ups and downs, (I shoved 8-4o from the small into the big blinds snap call with A-10) My 8-4 'held', and I had about 30 BB now, as the bubble approched). My big hands didn't hold up, to short stack shoves, but didn't take that too badly, considering my earlier win. I didn't get many hands near the bubble, so just coasted into the money. With something to show for my time, and the usual shove fest straight after the bubble burst, I got delt 66 on the button. The pot was limped into by a few players, so I shoved, thinking I would maybe get one caller with two overs, and hopefully no pairs bigger than mine. Two called. Didn't like it.......

    First guy showed 5-5, 2nd one shows A-Q, Was going to have to sweat it......

    Not for long though, a 6 on the flop sure put my nerves at ease! And I got a tripple up to join the leader board!

    Anyway, I joined the final table as a short stack, about 7th or 8th, and managed to finish up 5th. My stack was the smallest at the time, half that of the two mid stacks, about a quarter of the chip leader and only 65-75% of the other short stack. I went out swinging, getting my chips in first on the turn with 2nd pair, so cant complain. And certainly wasn't complaining after the messaged flashed up telling me I had just won $245!!

    I feel like a complete idiot though, as the green eyed monster returned. Not the next day, the next day I actually went on to win my first $10 sng, and took the roll upto $385, which from $36 left me feeling pretty good I have to say! But I was way way way to greedy. Didn't take my fair share of varience well, and tilted in some extraordinary style a couple of days after. It really was quite sick. I might bring myself to post about it next time. But for now, I simply HAVE to do something about the hulk style personal that takes over after I get a 'bad beat', or get 'unlucky'. Because, it really doesnt matter how much I manage to run my roll up, if after one little bad river, I blow it all away in one day! If I can't control this monster rage, which just seems to engulf me and stop any ration decision from being made, there really is no point. My roll will just swing from good highs, to miserable lows.

    I need to go now, but I have been playing calmer the last couple of days, and got some nice, if not 'huge' wins. I think I will post what I actually did, as sick as I feel about it. Perhaps that will help me to not do it again. I am so determined this time. I think that I will also post my short and long term goals for the year also. I never do this, I have never really seen the point. But I think I see good reasons to do it now. It doesn't matter if I achieve them, or fail miserably, what matters is that I tried my best, and to make sure I do my best, I need to stick to some kind of plan. For sure, I can take shots at bigger stakes every now and again, thats what I want to do. But it needs to be done sensibly, with the control to take a step back if it doesn't work out. 2013 will be my year. I might not win big, I might not win much, but I will beat this beast, and by doing that, I will make every year after 2013 a winning year, and keep me playing my best poker in each and every game.

  6. #6
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    OK, so maybe I should give the story of what I actually did......

    I saw a tourny I wanted to play in, with a $150 buyin, and 1st was getting like $4K, there wouldn't be many runners, and at the start of the tourny there was a guarantee that was running well below, so almost like money added. (There was plenty of time for late entries, of which there were a few, and in the end, I think they either just, or almost covered the guarantee). Anyway, my roll was $385, so I decided against it. Although, I kind of wish I had just played it now!

    In the end, I played a $26 tourney, with far more runners. The other one only had 30ish at the start, and ended up with 100 or so after late entries. The $26 had lots more, so it would be much harder to win. I didn't even cash. Cant remember the sequence of events, but it was def enough to put me on a bit of tilt. I bought into a $10 sng, and was actually playing it tight and calm, although that wasn't the style of the others! Chips were being passed around from donkey to donkey, and I had to wonder if some of the other players were aware it was NLHE, and they were not at some kind of torot card reading......!!

    Eventually one of the donks gave a bit of a bad beat to a player who seemed to be playing well at the time. Then it was my time to catch a big hand, by the turn I had aces up with 2 spades on the board. He bet into me, and I raised, thinking he would go all in with an ace, and should fold a draw. He flat called, and shoved the river, a spade! I thought for a bit, and folded. He actually showed the Q-5 of spades for the flush, (and the fact he had called the flop and turn with nothing but a non nut flush draw). I had lost quite a few chips, but kept it tight before eventually getting my all in called by some other nutter at the table, calling with crap and hitting. What can you do? Well, turn of the computer and do something else, would probably be top of the list! But no, not for me.......

    I played a $20 6 max super turbo sng. Thats where everyone starts with 10 big blinds! When that didn't go to plan, I upped the buyin to $35. I actually took the chip lead in that one, but lost it to an all in, when I called with ace-x to 8-7, you can guess who won. Somehow I managed to get out that spiral, and log into the $1-$2 6 max rush game, with a $100 buyin. It wasn't going well, all my good hands got no action, and any bluffs got snapped off. I was about to leave while I still had about $60, when I got delt JJ on the sb...... I re-raised pre, and was reasonably happy to see a 9 high flop. Not very happy to see the pair of 9's the other guy had once we got it in though!

    Would need to check my history, but I think I bought into a smaller game after that, and thankfully won a couple of hands, (nothing of any value), but it must have been enough for my ego, as I soon left that game and went to bed!

    Woke up feeling like an idiot, (mainly cos I am), and have taken it pretty easy since then. But thats the monster that I am talking about needing to tame. If tilt is a big green monster, like the Hulk, mine must be that other green thing that Tim Roth played in the Hulk movie!

    Anyway, as stated, I felt pretty the next day. I have pretty much stuck to much smaller games. The day before yesterday I got a nice result in a 90 man $3 buyin, made the FT, and went out 7th. The day before that, I was in a 100 man $2.25 buyin, would have made the final table but for the donkey big stack, who over called my all in and another short stack all in. It was my A-10s, vs the first call with 4-4, and the big stack over call with J-9o.... Two clubs and a 10 looked good for top pair nut flush, but then I noticed the donk had flopped a straight! My river ace would normally have been enough for a bout of touretts before logging into some big rush game. But hey, I left it there somehow.

    After my 5th position, and my win at the $10 sng, I still felt my heads up needed some work. I have since played 4 heads up matches, from $5 to $1 and happy to say I won them all! I still think my heads up needs a lot of work on it, but happy to say, there are certainly people who need it more than me out there......

    I also reached the token give away stage of 2 freerolls, 6000+ down to last 250. Last night didnt go so well, out mid way through another 90 man $3. I bought into a $3 rebuy straight after it. That wasn't going well, but I said enough is enough. I didn't load up on more chips and didn't even do the add on. Just played with my short stack happy to try and cash. It didn't happen, but I was able to leave it there.

    Tried a new pre-match routine today, and signed up for the local gym! At 30+ I think its only my 2nd instruction day, which either means I dont do many new years resolutions that I dont stick to, or I am a fat git! Could be a bit of both..... Anyway, it worked! Won a $10 sng, wipping the floor with one luck box who kept sucking out, and beating up the other guy heads up. Roll looks good again at +$180, and just need to stick to the calm side of my game, picking games that I know I have an edge in. And try to keep increasing the roll gradually, with only huge spikes in the up direction! I know I can do this, its all about the mental side to bank roll management, I think, and I am sure I can get there.

  7. #7
    VIP Member Kingcoza's Avatar

    Want my honest advice mate?

    You need to focus your game selection a lot more with a consistent selection. It sounds like you have time, can play at set times and don't mind playing mtts so I would select 8-10 mtts and play them day after day taking notes on all the regulars you come up against. Within a few months I would expect you to be well up on a regular game selection.

    To make it interesting you should have a stab once a night. So say your average mtt buy in is $2. Play one game that is $10-20 buy in and if you are going well in that game stop registering your regular games and concenTrate on it as one big spike changes your entire roll.

  8. #8
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Thanks for the advice Kingcoza. 8-10 sounds way more than I can manage, but I think I will try to stick to similar mtt's, with the occassional 'shot'. Going to try the steps tourneys, that way if I get a higher buy in, the 'shot' isn't costing as much.....

    I was going to post some hands from today, that I thought the play was so bad, is there a hand replayer pokerboss?

  9. #9

  10. #10
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Hmmmmm, doesn't seem to be working for me.

    Anyway, played a $3.30 steps 18 man sng. Went out on the bubble, by about a baw hair! But not all bad, as I still got a free ticket to another $3.30 steps sng.

    These were the last 2 hands:

    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [Td Kh]
    Iain Negreanu folds
    Dogm9999 calls 300
    fullflush1282 calls 4, and is all in
    Cruzalves checks
    *** FLOP *** [Qs Jd 2s] (Total Pot: 754, 3 Players, 1 All-In)
    Cruzalves checks
    Dogm9999 bets 355
    Cruzalves calls 355
    *** TURN *** [Qs Jd 2s] [Tc] (Total Pot: 1,464, 3 Players, 1 All-In)
    Cruzalves checks
    Dogm9999 checks
    *** RIVER *** [Qs Jd 2s Tc] [4s] (Total Pot: 1,464, 3 Players, 1 All-In)
    Cruzalves bets 300
    Dogm9999 folds
    Uncalled bet of 300 returned to Cruzalves
    Cruzalves wins the side pot (1,002)
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Cruzalves shows [6d Qd] a pair of Queens
    fullflush1282 shows [9c Kd] a straight, King high
    fullflush1282 wins the main pot (462) with a straight, King high
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 1,464 Main pot 462. Side pot 1,002. | Rake 0
    Board: [Qs Jd 2s Tc 4s]
    Seat 1: Dogm9999 (button) folded on the River
    Seat 3: fullflush1282 (small blind) showed [9c Kd] and won (462) with a straight, King high
    Seat 4: Cruzalves (big blind) showed [6d Qd] and won (1,002) with a pair of Queens
    Seat 7: Iain Negreanu didn't bet (folded)fullflush1282 posts the big blind of 300
    The button is in seat #7

    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Iain Negreanu [Jh 3h]
    Cruzalves folds
    Iain Negreanu folds
    Dogm9999 raises to 755
    fullflush1282 calls 455
    *** FLOP *** [7c Td 6d] (Total Pot: 1,510, 2 Players)
    Dogm9999 bets 855
    fullflush1282 calls 855
    *** TURN *** [7c Td 6d] [8s] (Total Pot: 3,220, 2 Players)
    Dogm9999 checks
    fullflush1282 checks
    *** RIVER *** [7c Td 6d 8s] [5s] (Total Pot: 3,220, 2 Players)
    Dogm9999 bets 1,200
    fullflush1282 calls 1,200
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Dogm9999 shows [9s 2s] a straight, Ten high
    fullflush1282 mucks
    Dogm9999 wins the pot (5,620) with a straight, Ten high
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 5,620 | Rake 0
    Board: [7c Td 6d 8s 5s]
    Seat 1: Dogm9999 (small blind) showed [9s 2s] and won (5,620) with a straight, Ten high
    Seat 3: fullflush1282 (big blind) mucked [Kh 7d] - a pair of Sevens
    Seat 4: Cruzalves didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 7: Iain Negreanu (button) didn't bet (folded)Full Tilt Poker Game #31804418463: $5 Sit & Go (246956514), Table 1 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:25:42 ET - 2013/01/03
    Seat 1: Dogm9999 (2,265)
    Seat 3: fullflush1282 (1,586)
    Seat 4: Cruzalves (4,122)
    Seat 7: Iain Negreanu (2,280)
    Seat 8: WALTER_COSTA (675)
    Seat 9: BigFrend (2,572)
    BigFrend posts the small blind of 100
    Dogm9999 posts the big blind of 200
    The button is in seat #8

    Pity the other guy didn't go out on the hand before he trippled up! And even if I had gone with my dominating K-10, I would have lost!

    Anyway, played some rush low stakes, and won some $s. Also did the big $1 tourny, but my 88 got rivered by A-K. Was annoyed, but only played some more rush low stakes. Up a very small amount. Don't think I will play much tomorrow, but if I can fit in a steps, a $10 sng and some rush, I will be pretty happy! If I win......

  11. #11
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Sat wasn't much fun. Played 3 $5 sng's and lost them all Played a little bit of low stakes rush, which I was up in a tiny amount, and 2 $10 sng's later. Min cashed in them both. Can't remember hands, but I remember being much more upset at the 2nd min cash. Anyway, I played a small amount of rush, then left it there.

    Sunday sucked much more. Had very little time to play, and it took a bit of time before getting a $10 sng started. Bubbled, when some a-hole who had been shoving almost every 2nd hand, shoved with 8-9 off, I snapped called with A-Js and the 9 high 2 diamonds flop wasn't great, but I had outs, but no luck. Before that, I had raised to 600, with blinds at 120/240. The short stack moves in for 1600 and change, leaving me with a pretty standard call to make with 3,800ish chips left before calling 1,000 to win 2,500, with my pocket 5's. He turns over Q-3s, so even better than the 50/50 I expected, but the result was a Q on the turn. So basically I went from chip leader to bubble in the space of a few hands! Had the 5's held, I quite fancied myself for the win, as I felt I had a good handle on the other 2 guys styles. But, wasn't to be.......

    Bought into a 6 max deepstack for $3. Not my thing at all, but at least I am learning to throw less $$$ away!

    Used my step 1 ticket to play a 9 man sng. And took it down! Won something at last. Technically it was joint 2nd, but I had a huge chip lead! Was particularly proud of one hand. Some guy had been mouthing a bit, and really didn't like getting check raised from one player on a J high rainbow board. Later on he raised my BB, when I held 2-2. 6 players left, 5 equalish stacks, one shortstack, blinds still very comfortable, 6th gets nothing, 5th - 3rd get their step 1 ticket back, 1st and 2nd get the step 2 tickets. Normally I would throw this away I think. Need to hit the flop pretty perfect to get the action required to justify calling the raise. But in this instance, I really fancied myself to hit a set, and was sure he would tilt at another check raise! Flop comes 10-9-2 rainbow. He seemed to c-bet a lot, so figured the check raise was well worth it. He bets a near pot sized bet of 300, I come over the top for 800, and he shoves with 9-6s. The turn card 7 meant I had to sweat the river incase of an 8, but it never came.

    Later on, I cut one of the other players stacks in half, with trips v's straight. This gave me a monster lead with about 8,500, the short stack on 1,500 and the mid stack on about 3,500. I thought the table dynamic would be pretty straight forward, but the mid stack shoved on me 2 or 3 times, once after I raised the short stacks BB. This seemed pretty crazy to me. As I think calling a shove from me with even AA, has -EV? (Its late, could be talking out my ass.) But either way, I know I would need a huge hand to call his shove, but still, open shoving on my BB and on my raise seemed quite reckless, (esp since the short stack went to 1,000 chips and less than 5 bb's at one point!) The way the table was going, was that they were both slowly losing chips to me, which although not great, seems to favour the mid stack as the blinds to up, the short stacks chips get worth less and less, and there is more and more chance he will need to shove very light, and I can call quite light too. Anyway, not a great day, but, didnt spunk off a huge percentage of my roll and something might come of the step 2 ticket in the days to come.......

  13. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Negreanu View Post
    Normally I would throw this away I think. Need to hit the flop pretty perfect to get the action required to justify calling the raise. But in this instance, I really fancied myself to hit a set,

    Out of all that, the most worrying thing I read was the above line.......... it's probably one step below saying you played 72 because it was suited !! Not the sort of thing I expect a player like you to say at all Iain !!

    Apart from that though there were a couple of other points to pick up on such as you wondering why the mid-stack was "bullying" you or showing you contempt by raising over you etc............. and thinking that him calling a shove from you with AA could ever be -EV is also worrying. As you said it was late so I may let you off :p although it appears that you are being mentally over aware, or perhaps UNDER AWARE of the play around the bubble. But..... it's early so I don't have time to go into it all as off to hospital appointment with kid. Leaving on the note that I know from personal experience that you are a much better player than what you are posting in here and assume that you have gotten really rusty since your move to Brazil........... either that or you fooled me when we played live and just blagged it :p

  14. #14
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Thanks PB. I think you have to look at what I said in the whole context, or perhaps my english is a bit off. I meant more that I fancied him to stack off light, rather than I has some supernatural insight to the future..... lol

    I would need to look at the chip counts, but I think my maths was pretty solid. It was a small % of my stack to call the raise, + factor in 'defending my blind' so it doesn't look like an easy steal...... I don't know. Like I said, most of the time I would probably save the chips, but I guess its player dependant. In this situation, I was certain he would go with it, if he had the high card on the flop, or high cards to the flop, no matter how dangerous my check raise looked. In the end, he went with 2nd pair and runner runner straight or flush draws required. So perhaps in danger of sounding like the donkey who sucks out and says, 'who got the chips'. I think my small gamble proved worthwhile. If I miss a 2, I walk away, and my stack wouldn't even notice the difference, as his raise was 3x the bb.

    As for the midstack 'bullying' me. I know he would need to raise me, because its very likely the short stack shoves him, if he raises him. (And he needs chips from somewhere). Its just that when it comes to shoving, ie straight out shoving into the BB. I dont think the risk/reward is really worth it, when he does it to me. I could call, and still be comfortably double the shortstack. I know, he could raise my bb, and I could shove on him, and he can only call with monsters. This is proably optimal play by the chip leader, but to be honest, I only see this type of play very very rarely. What I normally see, is chip leaders, with loads of chips, calling all-ins light, simply because they can. So since the difference between 1st and 2nd is nothing, and the difference between 2nd and 3rd is everything, there doesn't seem to be a lot of gain in risking your chips. (I'm thinking how happy the short stack is, everytime he sees the midstack go all in on my BB). AA might be taking it too far, but again considering 3rd's gets 'nothing' and the 1st and 2nd prize is the same, the range for the 2nd placed player, (while there is an extreme shortstack), to call an all in from the chip leader, would need to be pretty tight, right?

    At one stage, I am sure the blinds were 150/300, the short stack had 1,000 chips, the mid had 3,800 and I had what was left. I'm on the BB, the short stack is in sb, and the mid stack shoves. Looks too dangerous to me. Also, so he wins 1.5bb, next hand, sb folds from the button, (he was playing to tight, and did this a lot), and I shove from the sb. The midstacks BB's calling range? If I hold an ace, and he has QQ, and he calls, he still goes out with nothing circa 30% of the time. If he wins, he becomes chip leader, where 1st and 2nd prize are the same, and the short stack is still there anyway...... But if he shoves the shortstack, the outcomes are, win A) BB, B) knock out shortstack win ticket, C) double up shorstack, who will still be behind in chips and is playing way too tight, and will probably fold to many future steal attempts.

    Perhaps I'm still having a brain freeze, but if so, I need this sorted. So, the range of the midstack shover is any 2? Or just any 2 'decent' cards? And his calling my all in range is.....??

  15. #15
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Well tonight was just utter shite! Played a $3 90 man turbo. Think I played it far too tight, ended up shoving A-10s from the sb, after a few limpers, one of the limpers was A-J though..... So went from too tight to too lose? I dont know. Hadn't seen the A-J player play tight like that before that, so pretty unlucky I thought.

    Went to the $3 rebuy. Didn't need to to rebuy to add to my stack, soon got it in with A-Q vs 8-8 and A-6s for the tripple up! Hardly got any cards after that though, just played a few hands. Took the add on, for 2,000 chips, and went card dead. Totally no hands, whatsoever. Actually folded all hands apart from my bb, and maybe one or two sb's, for about 100 hands/1 hour. With the break approaching, and my stack getting dangerously low, I raised with 9-10s from mid position. I expected the table to actually chuck their hands in the middle as fast as they could! LOL But the sb actually called with K-9o Flop came Q high, 3 hearts! I think there was an 8, so I had a gut shot to the straight, if, they didn't have a flush. Wish I had c-bet, but I just gave up on it, (I figured I still had enough chips to make people fold with a shove, and if I got a double up from there, it wouldn't be so bad, but If I put another 1,000 chips in the pot, (for a decent c-bet), I would be left too short stacked to do anything. Seems like I didn't have much of a plan if my raise steal got called, but I was going to be c-betting and pushing the turn with anything that got near my cards, ie flush draw, straight draw. Anyway, chip leader at the table limps in with the next hand, and I have pocket 6's. I shove, rest of the table folds, and he calls with AA. I honestly dont think I have gone that long getting total nonsense like 8-3, 9-2 10-4 for so long. I remember getting A-J on my BB, and there being a raise from the Dealer and a re-raise from the SB. Maybe a shove gets through there, but who knows. Since the SB was the same guy who had the AA, I might have been up against a smaller pair, but I could easily have been crushed too. I know I should be playing the players, and not my cards more, but the amount of raises getting called was just too much. There was usually more than 2 players to see the flop, and mostly hands got to the turn or river. So I would need to be c-betting into 2 maybe 3 players with junk, which I didnt fancy much. (I noticed people tighten a bit on the level increase with antes, and my 9-10 raise was on the level after that, where again play had seen slightly less flops) I think I should have c-bet the flop and shoved the turn thinking back. Just easier said than done I suppose. (At least if I just log off, I wont be losing much of the roll today I guess!)

  16. #16
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Played a bit already today. Played a $10 sng. But the only weak donkey went out early, not donating his chips to me! The other players were all playing tight, but not too tight. ie early stages lots of raises got through, but once the blinds went higher, people started moving all in. Felt I didn't have much edge in the game at all. Everyone seemed to know what they were doing. I shoved on a player who had been raising a lot from the button, cutoff and sb. This time he limped in from the button. I took that to mean he realised people were starting to come over the top of his raises, (as I was planning to do), and he was going to bluff the flop instead. I had J-4s, and didnt think there would be many flops I would like. So I shoved. He called with 77. Not sure if this was his plan all along, seems like asking for trouble in my opinion. I would rather raise with 77 and take the blinds, then decide if I am calling a shove, if it happens. Had I checked and the flop comes something like 4-4-6, he is going to c-bet surley, then he is in a difficult spot if I go all in. Anyway, out I went, no suckouts for me!

    There was another $10 sng with about 7 players in the lobby, none from the previous game, so I wondered if they were maybe of a lesser ability. Took my chances and bought in. Got a few cards at the start but not much action. But at least I didn't lose valuable chips. As the blinds went up, I was paying attention to who was raising most. I shoved on one of his raises and he folded. The next hand I had A-Q. I figured he might raise again, and perhaps call my all in light, thinking I couldn't have a hand twice in a row. He raised, I shoved, he insta called with JJ.

    I caught the turn though, to go 2nd in chips. There had been a monster chip leader, and he still had lots of chips. I took advantage straight away, raising lots, and c-betting if called. Eventually we got down to 4 players. I wasn't going to sit back, I had first in my sights, so I raised the short stacks and the chip leader, who seemed to be taking it too easy, and waiting for players to go out. We got down to 3, and I took a small chip lead, check raising the chip leader twice. I had trips the 2nd time, so really hoped he would think I was at it, or he had an over pair, but no luck. I figured check raising was the best option, as I hadn't seen him 3 barrell. But maybe I could have flat called, to see if he caught up? I had an 8 with the board at 6-8-8 and two hearts, so not the least dangerous flop to start slow playing though..... I did lose a big hand with him though, I had a king and there were 2 aces, we got to the river and he bet quite big, so I folded. Then he doubled up the short stack! I now only had twice the shortstacks chips, and 75%ish of the chip leaders. The short stack seemed re-energised, and started going for more raises and all ins, which of course me and the chip leader had to fold. But I thought this presented me with more of an opportunity. So I got raising more, and took chips from the them both. Then the short stack got it in good with the chip leader, but the chips went to the suckout.

    So heads up started with him having something like a 3-2 chip lead. I attacked his BB relentlessly. I went with a 2.5 raise, which I have been told is giving away chips, if someone is playing fold or push strategy. But I also had him marked as calling raises a bit light, and really only playing big pots when he 'had it'. So to stop him getting to see flops I wanted to make the raises a bit higher. Also, if he re-raises he is pretty committed, so I will know where I stand. I also hate min raising hands like QQ and KK heads up, so I can raise 2.5 with rubbish and premium, making sure he never knows where he stands. I got loads of his blinds and some flops. He caught a c-bet on the flop from me though a couple of times, so he still had the lead when I got QQ. I went 2.5, he re-raised. I figured his mostly likely holding was a weak ace or a strong king perhaps. I didn't want to go all in straight away, as that would mean sweating 5 cards for an ace or king. I re-raised half my stack to show I was committed and get the fold, but he went all in with his ace rag suited. My ladies held, and I had the 3-1 chip lead. I took this to 4-1 by beating on his BB again, and eventually he got it in with a rag v's my K-Q..... (When do I get a suckout??) Think I lost another raised flop, and we were almost level. Again I attacked his BB though, and after getting to 3-2, he went all in after I raised 2.5 with A-10s. I thought for a second or two, decided I was well ahead of his range, (he had been going all in a lot, since the Ace rag v's KQ.) So surley I was 50/50 at worst, and probably dominating. I called and he showed A-9.... I was a huge favourite and the hand held, but only just. The flop came K-A-J, and I started wondering if he was going to get a split, but the Q on the river meant I had a straight!! And all the chips.

  17. #17

    So whats the BR at now mate ? Nice wee SNG last time should be a nice booster and make up for those SNG losses earlier.

  18. #18
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Didn't actually play again that night, after the sng win during the day, and was too tired after footie last night, had gone to the gym during the day too!

    So after it going down a little bit, its back upto $180, with a step 2 ticket in the bank, and a couple of free roll tickets if I get a sunday free to play them! I hope to play a bit tonight, but will just have to see how that pans out. Would like another crack at a $10 deepstack, but I might leave that till I am sure I wont be disturbed, as it does run for quite a few hours. Will probably take a look at the $10 sng's the next chance I get to play. I know my roll is not great for them, but I do seem to cash well in them. And these $3 mtt's, can leave me feeling quite empty, like I need more poker, after going out. It's probably got a lot to do with not playing many hands, and then the tournament being decided over one all in. Whereas in the sng, if you play well, you should be down to the the bubble, which means you need to play more hands, make more bluffs, and is generally a bit more exciting. More 'bang' for your buck I guess. The rewards are less, but I think this format makes the most sense for me.

    I am also considering trying the cash game tables again. Not rush, the normal ones. Maybe put up 4 tables, and play fairly tightish ABC at the min stakes. Try to concentrate on just making good decisions, and not how much is being won/lost. Thats my main problem with cash, worrying too much about hourly rates, etc etc. Need to just play, and hopefully post a winning session, or at least prove that each time I lost, I had it in good. Yup, in the mood, so pretty sure I will trying something tonight anyway. Let you know how it goes!

  19. #19

    Did you get my PM and email with details on how to get holdem manager *cough* back-up copy :)

  20. #20
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    OK, personal circumstances dictated that I had basically no time to play tonight, but was desp for a game. I had maybe half an hour, so this might have meant rush, but really wanted to try 4 tables of 0.01/0.02. Played for about 15 minutes, maybe 20 on two of the tables while I waited to see some hands after having to post the bb as I forgot to click dont post......

    Probably only really a couple of hands of interest. 1 table I really regretted joining, as I noticed all they players had more than the max buyin, meaning they all had to be winning...... This meant I was their new fish? Well, I was down to $1.70, but then I hit trip 5's in position. Raised the flop, the turn and the river, by which time I had a full house, and the guy called with A-K, (Ace high).

    Next up, KK. About 4 players called my raise! Flop was horrible, 3 gapped connected cards and 2 hearts. Anyway, decided to bet the flop, with only one player behind me. They all called..... Turn was the Qh, 2 checks, I check behind. Button bets, the others fold. Hmmmm. If it wasn't min stakes I fold. So not sure if I called because I 'can affored it', or if I didn't believe. His bet looked a little big imo, so I decided he was bluffing or had the Q. On the river I only had $0.5, so was obv check calling, but decided to shove anyway, he called with J-8o after the J on the river, for one pair of Jacks, which was behind my Kings.......!!!

    Really don't know what to make of that. It looks like total calling station from me, and thats probably fair critiscism, but I just see so many strange things at this level when I have dipped my toe in these waters, that I just had to look him up! Anyway, I bought in for 4 max buyin of of $2 and left with $11.30ish, so thats $3.30 profit. Which is 165 big bets in 15-20 mins?? If that was sustainable, I would play all day I think..... lol

    Anyway, got to go, but I will probably try this again, with way too much expectation on the next session.....

    p.s. got your pm here pb, but not been on msn, will check tomorrow, thanks!

  21. #21
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Totally pissed off! Decided to play the $10 deepstack tonight. Only really 2 interesting hands, I was a little below my 5,000 starting chips, when I got 88 in the small blind. Blinds are 40/80 and I have about 4600 chips. UTG+1 min raises to 160, and the hijack calls the min raise. Both players have been a bit loose, so I see no point in raising the pot and playing it out of position. Don't think I should fold either, as I think I am getting good odds, both actual and implied, for hitting a set. And I do! 8s-10d-3s It's a dangerous board, but based on what I think of both players, I expect the original raiser to c-bet, and I would be surprised to see the late caller fold so quickly.

    BB had already folded, so original raiser bets 320 into 560, nice I am thinking, while hoping he has an overpair.... But then the late position guy raises to 960! This must be a good thing right..... But what to do?? If I raise, even a min raise, I am putting roughly half my stack. The chances of a card that makes a straight or flush, as well as another 8 or 10 hitting the turn, are pretty high. And I cant put half my chips on the flop to fold on the turn! I considered flat calling the re-raise, and shoving a non scary turn, but only for about a second! I surely had the best hand right now. I really wasn't considering one of them having a pair of 10's, as making that kind of fold is pretty impossible online, in my opinion. Even live, you would need to know the player, and have multiple re-raises I would think, and even then, I doubt it. So I decide to shove, I will probably make them fold, but I think this is the only +ev move. I want any draws out, and hope that A-10 or JJ and higher call. Original raiser folds, and the late re-raiser tanks before calling with 7-10s (Yup, thats Seven of Spades, Ten of Spades) Top Pair, Live Flush Draw! I'm still the fav, but boy does he have outs!

    4 of hearts on the turn, and I only need to sweat the river........

    4 of diamonds on the river, and I can breath again!!

    After that, not very much happened. I played very tight imo. With most pots of little interest. I did try a couple of blind steals, and c-bet, they got through mostly. Sometimes I also had top pair, someone re-raised my c-bet, when it came King high and I had KQ. I flat called, and they checked the turn. So they had probably just been testing me, they gave up when I put a small bet on the turn.

    With the blinds at 120/240 and antes, I pick up 8-9s on the button. As I said, playing quite tight, but will def raise here I decide. Guy to my immediate right min raises, and I have a decision. Not folding, he seems to have some knowledge of the game, without being amazing, so I decide he could fold if I use my position, and if I out flop him, I may also get chips, as he isn't super tight either. I go for the flat call, as I am not too certain he would fold to a raise, I think he is more likely to play fit or fold to the flop. SB folds, BB folds, was expecting one of them to call, giving me better odds, but hey, it also gives me much more opportunity to bluff. (And I am determined to put in a bluff with position here, IF his play dictates he seems weak.)

    Flop is 9-7-7 the 7 of clubs to match my 8-9 of clubs. 9 high is not a great flop, but against a late position min raise, it looks pretty good, with possible good draws too. I decide I like the flop. He bets 650 into the 1500 pot. I consider raising, but I go for just a call. (Looking back, this seems like a big mistake, any thoughts?) I was fully expecting him to check the turn, esp since it was the 5 of hearts, but it does put 2 hearts on the board now. He bets 1200 into the 2,800 pot. I have 8,400 chips left, and I am starting to wonder if my hand is good. I opt to flat again, the river is surely going to be pretty draw heavy, and he can't keep betting, so I should have some good showdown value here I think? The 4 of hearts hits the river, missing me completely, but making a pretty scary looking board. He checks. I am just about to check behind, when I think no. There must be some pretty good reasons to bet here, and some not so good ones to check. I decide checking is too cautious, and its time to use my position to try to make any hands that might be slightly better than mine fold, and maybe I can get a value bet out of Ace high. This of course seems pretty condradictory, but what I am thinking is, bet, and make life hard for my opponent. Give him the opportunity to make a mistake, ie call of chips with a weaker hand, or fold a better one. Checking does neither of this. + If he has missed, why let him and everyone else see what I am calling with pre, and how I play it post flop? I decide to stick 2,600 into the 5,400 pot. I think this makes it look like I want a call, so a good player might fold, even if he is very slightly ahead, and a bad player might call where I have him beat. He thinks for a long time, before folding. I think I played this too much like a calling station, upto the river, where I think I redeemed myself? Well, end result was I increased my stack from 9,500 chips to 12,500 chips, and didn't need to show my hand. The journey to the river could probably have been easier though I think, with my best option being to raise the flop.

    So we get down to the last 100 or so players after about just more than 3 hours. I now only have just less than 10K chips, bottom 1/3 of the field, and the blinds are 250/500 with antes, making the pot 1,200 before any action. I pick up JJ utg. Its one of those, you want action but you dont, kind of thing. Going by the table, some raises have got through, some haven't. While I had more chips, I might have limped, and pushed on any raise, or gone with a raise. But, with a decent % of flops being seen with a raise, I didn't want to put in a bunch of chips, have to fold on the flop, or worse, try to find out if my JJ was good with a c-bet into say a Q high flop. I decided the best thing to do was shove right now. Sure, I am pretty much only getting action from hands that beat me, but, if I raised, would I really fold to a re-raise? Doubt it. So this seemed to put broadway hands out of the pot, A-K would still call, but a race with me slight fav for a lot of chips was acceptable. And I felt medium pairs might call also. Anyway, it folds round to the BB, who doesn't insta fold, but doesn't insta call either....... Is this good or bad. He has a bit more than double my stack. So he was one of the players I would be hoping to call a bit looser. Ok, his is taking too long now. At first I thought QQ, but with the timer at half way, nobody takes that long to call QQ, so maybe its AK, eeek, a race. Then he asks for more time. It's a bit early to do a 'hollywood' yet, so he must have a real decision! I rule out A-K, as I expect someone with 20K+ chips to call pretty quickly with that. He must have a medium pair, not sure why, (probably as its the first hand below mine), but I start thinking he might have 10-10. 10's would certainly be a decision, but I cant see them folding if it is. And just as the timer gets almost too late, they call and show pocket 10's! Woo Hoo!!

    Ok, nail bitting time! Flop is 2-3-7 with 2 hearts. Had I only raised, I would most likely be getting action on this flop anyway, if he hadn't put me all in first of course!

    9 of diamonds means 2 diamonds and 2 hearts, but neither of us could of hit a flush after the flop anyway. One more card.... Co'mon, "1 time", I can hear myself shout on the inside, for what must be the like the millionth time anyway, lol

    10 of diamond lands its fat arse on the river! I dont know whether to spew on or punch the screen. I mean, get tae fuck right! At least hit it on the flop, ffs!! I had to wait till the river for it....... Tilt!!!!!!

    Anyway, thanks for anyone and everyone who has commented or even looked at the posts so far. Because instead of buying into some stupid game where I have like no edge, for half my roll, I decided to write this instead! I count that as $10 lost in reality, but $100 saved in all probability!!

    With that, its time to go. (Yes, somehow I really wont play anymore poker tonight.) I really feel like something might have changed here. Varience will hit harder than this of course, and I need to expect more 'bad beats', or whatever is best to call them. I think at the end of the day though, if I had 10-10 and he had J-J, I still shove, and he still calls. So wtf, I am not entitled to anything, shit happens, and if you dont get over it, basically more shit will happen, only this time you are probably causing it to happen. Tomorrow is another day, with a ton of bad beats and double ups just waiting to happen. No one is forcing me to join the rollercoaster, I ride it cos I want to, and I need to remember that. Without the lows, you can't enjoy the highs. (Lets hope I am still saying that after my aces get cracked from 8-3o tomorrow!!) Need to remember I am a recreational player, playing because I like it, and I just want to play well. If I do that, I will enjoy it more, and will take losses, but should get more wins. It's hard not to be results orientated when you play so little though. But I need to remember, varience will hit me more because I play less, its just the way it is.

  22. #22

    Hi Negreanu, very good posts mate. Just to pick up on your last post:
    Flop is 9-7-7 the 7 of clubs to match my 8-9 of clubs. 9 high is not a great flop, but against a late position min raise, it looks pretty good, with possible good draws too. I decide I like the flop. He bets 650 into the 1500 pot. I consider raising, but I go for just a call. (Looking back, this seems like a big mistake, any thoughts?)
    A call is fine here. I would be calling with my entire continuing range (nut hands, 7x, 9x, pocket pairs and all draws). A reraise puts you in a meh spot, with you having to (possibly) putting down the best hand.

    I was fully expecting him to check the turn, esp since it was the 5 of hearts, but it does put 2 hearts on the board now.
    Good point and I agree that some of his value range will check this turn, which tilts their range towards draws/air a touch more.

    He bets 1200 into the 2,800 pot. I have 8,400 chips left, and I am starting to wonder if my hand is good. I opt to flat again, the river is surely going to be pretty draw heavy, and he can't keep betting, so I should have some good showdown value here I think?
    Again, I like the call with your stack size. If you were shallower, then shove/fold are your only options. Again, I agree with your analysis and I expect 1 pair hands to check on the river a ton, since betting will not pick up much value and check/calling is a much better line against missed draws.

[...]
    I love this bet and your sizing Negreanu. It's a spot where I would happily see a showdown so much, but your analysis is very true. I only question whether a hand like A9 or TT+ check/folds the river (?) I'm not sure. Your image is pretty key to this.

    Very unlucky in the end mate, but keep the posts coming

  23. #23

    Wow, sick suckout with the 10's mate. Surprised you still had a working keyboard and/or monitor left after that as mine would be in the front garden at this point lol

    Personally I didn't like the bet on the river with the 97 hand. I can only really see you getting a call from a better hand and a world of pain if he fires back.

    p.s See you downloaded Holdem Manager. Have you tried it yet or even got it working ?

  24. #24
    VIP Member Negreanu's Avatar
    Brasil

    Yeah, the JJ v's 10' was pretty sick, it was a nice touch it coming on the river I thought! Kinda made me think I was being tested, to see if I would cave in, and spunk my bankroll off in one night......

    Without this thread to write in, I might well have done, so thanks again.

    Downloaded it thanks! Not managed to get it working yet. Microsoft is in portuguese, so not sure how much you will be able to help. Will look again at it as soon as I get a chance.

    Not played a lot, infact only played 1 tournament, in the last 3 days.

    So just as well it was for about 8 hours, and I made the final table from a starting field of 1,977 players!

    It was the daily dollar on FT. Which, uhm, has a buyin of $1.....

    I have actually played it a few times. Not that often though, as you can see from the field size, it does go on quite a bit, as it does actually have a very good structure. 3,000 starting chips, decent time between blind increases, and the blind increases are not huge. I had originally wanted to play the $10 deepstack, but something happened and I wasn't able to play from the start. I could have done a late registration, but it was a few blind levels in by the time I got logged on. Didn't actually see much I fancied, maybe I wasn't really in the mood, not sure. But I saw the daily dollar had only just started. It does tend to play a bit crazy at the start, kind of similar to a freeroll, so I actually bought in, with the intension of playing a lot looser myself, and basically just relieving some stress, not too interested in the result, more just about having some fun, and hopefully not caring if there are any bad beats.

    7 and half hours later and the final table has started...... I try to remember how I got here, my brain feels like mush, when I shut my eyes all I can see is cards on a computer screen, when I open them, thats all I can see too! It's after 6 in the morning, I decide to grab some ham and cheese from the fridge. (I would obv be asleep normally and not hungry, but now I am starving). I am tring to think if I should keep playing like I am not so fussed about the result, can't help but keep looking at the final table payments. The Full Tilt final table flashes up, and I have seen it before, but it still looks cool. I have only just started the ham and cheese, and I get JJ on the second hand. I am about middle in chips, joint 4th or something, with only one big chip leader. The shortstack, just on my right, goes all in..... I say shortstack, but he has about 65% of my stack. I am one seat before the button. If I call, I could lose most of my chips before this even starts, I should probably actually re-raise all in, so if someone behind me calls, I could even be out first...... Shuts eyes, seeing more cards, open them, its still JJ. I shove, fingers crossed..........

    Got to go, just so busy lately, but I kept a lot of the hand history, so I can post some, and also ask for some advice about some I think I didn't play so well. And of course, let you know if there were any more hands played at the final table!

  25. #25

    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha it's like a soap opera teaser !!!!! Damn you Negreanu !!

    I think this JJ held and you are at worst in a race where you are slight favourite. Would know better ranges of small stack if we knew the chips left and what the blinds were at in relation to shortstack.

    Anyway, this has the makings of a huge bankroll boost so can't wait :)

    p.s I speak fluent Portuguese so can probably help a little :p

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-03-2012, 07:20
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-03-2012, 06:39
  3. Irish Open 2012 - Hellmuth, Negreanu and more.....
    By BBTipster in forum Live Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 21:01
  4. Negreanu VBlog
    By TheFlyFifer in forum General Poker Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 13:53
  5. OFC Challenge
    By Forgotten in forum Online Tournaments & Freerolls
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-01-2009, 01:19

negreanu br challenge

what is a good hourly rate playing zoom 0.10-0.25nl

iain negraneu

negreneau straights

negreanu 20 challenge