  1. #1
    Member Forgotten's Avatar

    Default Microsaft Windaes Twa thoosan (Glesga Edishun)

    Micro$aft
    'Windaes Twa Thoosan' ®
    ('Glesga Edishun')

    Hoaw, by the way! Micro$oft wants to help YOU in Glesga. Dinnae be
    forced tae use confusing Englified software apps. Due to be released
    before the Fair Fortnight, the 'Glesga' Ediion of Windows 2000, entitled
    Windies Twa Thoosan' ® will hit the Barras.

    Feel at ease straight away ! The traditional "Start" button has been
    replaced with a more familiar term

    The "Recycle Bin" has been renamed to something more fitting:

    While the "Internet Explorer" now has a more recognisable title:

    Nae mair fanny-boy names like "My Documents". Windaes Twa Thoosan'
    tells it like it is:

    An' "C:\ drive" (wits that then?) is now called something a wee bit merr
    appropriate:

    "Yes", "No" & "Cancel" are no longer used.

    Several exclusive programmes have been included with 'Windaes
    Twa Thoosan'

    The cullurin in book lets ye dae yer ain pictchurs. Sums lets ye add things
    up an' gies ye the rite anser, an' the tipe riter lets ye tipe letturs tae yer
    pals ( 'n' it even cheks yer spelin, bye the way! ).

    The computer no longer makes you click an American "OK" but a proper
    'Glesga "Aye.. aw right"

    Don't be a big diddie, if yae don't know how tae dae somethin' the
    "Help" facility has been replaced with a merr 'Glesga' friendly version

    The "Control Panel" now has a new name along with some internal settings.

    Tips for 'Glaswegian' users: If you make a typing error, use the backspace
    to replace the "wrang yin" Note: Tippex® is hard to clean off the screen!

    Get yer ane copy the day (before the bizzies come). Available the
    noo at the Barras. Only two weeks dole money.

  2. #2
    VIP Member RankBaajin's Avatar
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: Microsaft Windaes Twa thoosan (Glesga Edishun)

    cullirin book...classic
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
    Mohandas Gandhi

  3. #3
    Member Forgotten's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by RankBaajin View Post

    cullirin book...classic

  4. #4
    VIP Member atisjdm's Avatar

    Saw this(or something similar) a few years ago, still brought a smile to my face though :)

  5. #5
    Member Forgotten's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by atisjdm View Post
    Saw this(or something similar) a few years ago, still brought a smile to my face though :)
    Aye me too originally. It was your Celtic fans one that reminded me of this and thought it was appropriate

  6. #6

    A++++

    Would read again. I am laughing hard at this

    Tipe Riter

  7. #7

    Funniest thing i have seen this year. Absolutely classic. Nice find Willie.

  8. #8
    VIP Member TheFlyFifer's Avatar
    Auckland N.Z.

    brilliant