July 21, 2017

EPL Champions 2017/18

Share

So with the new season almost upon us, the important question will be around where do I put my money at the bookies for

EPL Champions 2017/18

There will be 4 serious contenders in my opinion.  Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd & Arsenal.  This may make me unpopular but I dont think Liverpool are quite there yet to be serious challengers for their first elusive EPL title.  Nor do I think Spurs have the ability to go that step further to win the title.

Lets have a look through each team and I’ll try give some insight into why I’ve picked who I’ve picked.

Chelsea

Chelsea have completed the club record £60m signing of striker Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid on a five-year-deal.

The Spain international, 24, scored 20 goals last season after rejoining Real from Italian champions Juventus.

Morata won La Liga and the Champions League, but the majority of his appearances were as a substitute.

Premier League champions Chelsea have also signed goalkeeper Willy Caballero, defender Antonio Rudiger and midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko this summer with the former two of these three being more fringe players.  Morata should be first choice striker with Conte seemingly willing to let Costa leave for the right money.

Man Utd

United have spent £75m on Everton striker Romelu Lukaku and £31m on Benfica defender Victor Lindelof since the end of last season.

This was the signing Man Utd needed badly, we all know how good Ibra is and can be but he would be short term.  Speculation is still there around the possible move for Perisic from Inter Milan, Jose is looking at quality over quantity this year round. Ibra resigning could be the catalyst that pushes them towards a title.

Man City

Manchester City have completed the signing of Tottenham and England right-back Kyle Walker for an initial £45m.

Walker, who has 27 caps and spent eight seasons at Spurs has signed a five-year deal with City. he right-back recorded five assists for the Premier League runners-up, the joint-most for a defender, its a position that needed strengthening, with last seasons capture of Jesus will Aguero be allow to leave? this could be a huge mistake in Peps behalf, Title winning clubs need 2 or 3 strikers of that quality so unless Pep has had positive news regarding someone coming in he has to keep Aguero and keep him happy if he’s to wrestle the title away from Chelsea.

Arsenal

Arsenal have completed the signing of France striker Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon for a club record £46.5m fee on a five-year deal.  This is the kind of player Arsenal fans have been screaming for for nearly 3 years. He will be a sensation in the EPL. Mesut Ozil says he wants to stay at Arsenal and will discuss his future with the club after a pre-season tour of Australia and China.

Sanchez, Hes the type of player when on form can win you titles but when hes unhappy? Will he cause a disruption within the dressing room? With him being linked with both Manchester clubs Wenger can not and must not allow this player to leave for a rival, if hes to be sold it must be to PSG as he cant weaken his team and improve their rivals like he did with Robin Van Persie and Man Utd.

So a small overview of my 4 picks for the title but where should you place your money this year?

For me my heart says Man Utd & Jose but if I’m betting with my money it has to be Chelsea, they are stronger now that last year and having a manager in Conte that knows how to win a title.

Chelsea at 10/3 are a huge price for me with Coral.

Coral Sports Betting