Golf Tips and Previews

April 9, 2014

The Masters Golf Free Betting Tips 2014

Share

Masters Golf Free Betting Tips

Tiger is out, but can WE win again ?

Augusta Masters – 2014

The Masters brings us fond memories from last years Masters Golf Free Betting Tips when we successfully tipped Adam Scott to win at outstanding odds of 28/1. You won’t see those sorts of odds on the likeable Aussie this year and he may even tee off as favourite on Thursday morning.

masters golf free  betting tips

Adam Scott soaking up the win last year

We would love to see Adam Scott win again if only for the chance to try and capture yet another iconic picture on the 18th green as he puts on his 2nd Green Jacket. Unfortunately at odds of around 10 or 12/1 we really feel that the value just isn’t there at the moment and he will be under added pressure this year as defending champion. I think we have to look further afield for some value but as Tiger Woods has withdrawn (his first time missing the Masters since turning Pro) which has given the bookies an easy reason to lower the odds of all others playing the Masters this week. That’s bad news for us because we didn’t really rate Tigers chances as being as good as the bookies would no doubt have priced him at.

free golf tips

Let’s hope for sunshine

Augusta National is one of the worlds most famous golf courses thanks to it’s starring role in hosting The Masters for the past 78 years. As it is the first major of the season it is a good chance for players to get an early boost to their seasons earnings and also ranking position. The Practice sessions have been being cut short and even abandoned this week due to some horrible weather in Georgia. This could have had an effect on our Masters Free Betting Tips but the forecast for the weekend sees the weather brighten up a bit so we will have to go on that assumption.

At 7,450 yards it is quite a long ranging par 72 but being a big hitter can also be a downfall unless you have the accuracy to go with it. Standing on the tee you will be faced with a large amount of daunting drives with tight, tree-lined fairways and hazards in your way. If you make the fairways and can find the smallish greens then you have to be able to putt as some of the greens are just beyond crazy and player can be made to look like amateurs if not on their game.

Free Masters Golf Betting Tips

So let’s look at who we think will do well this year. As stated, Adam Scott must be respected as he won last year but his odds are too skinny. Tiger has withdrawn & there are a few players sporting injuries. Dustin Johnson would have been on our list but last week he shot an awful 82 in the first round of the Houston Open and withdrew citing “back pains” as the root of his problems. We are not sure if this was true or if he just wanted to get the hell out of their after an embarrassing display and start his Masters preparations……. but we can’t risk it. Here are our free masters golf tips for 2014 :

  • Sergio Garcia – 20/1 : One of the best players never to win a Major. Is it because he has no bottle ? He has won 19 tournaments but his putting has been awful. The last 3 years however he has improved his putting by a massive standard and with his short game being so envied in the world of golf we feel this could be his year. A win on the Euro tour and 6 top 16 finishes in the U.S including a 3rd last week show he is in brilliant form. 8th here last year.
  • Jason Day – 16/1 : This guy is awesome but also yet to win a major. He’s still young though and has had 3 2nd place finishes in Majors and last year was the lowest total scorer for all majors combined. His tee to green is superb and he knows how to putt well too. He hasn’t played since his WGC Matchplay win last month due to injury but he has recovered for the biggest event so far. 3rd last year.
  • Hideki Matsuyama – 80/1 : One of our favourite players here at BonusBanter. He is only just turned 22 and already has risen to 22 in the world golf rankings. He was a prolific winner on the J-Tour before moving to the PGA and has since had some amazing events in the majors. A top ten at the U.S Open followed by a top 7 at The Open (despite a penalty shot) shows he has the bottle to play well at big moments. He will pick up his birdies but is also worrying to watch as his aggressiveness can land him in trouble. At these odds he is a huge outsider with a big chance of an upset. This will be his first outing as a Pro here but as an amateur he has played twice, both times making the cut.
  • Hunter Mahan – 50/1 : A great ball striker who doesn’t hit the ball massively far but can be very accurate when on his game. Good news is that he IS on his game. He is one of the best putters on the tour which will see him gaining shots on the field. IF he can make the cut he has a great chance of winning his first major. He does seem to blow hot and cold round Augusta with 3 missed cuts and 3 top 12 finishes with form playing a major factor each year. Given that he is in form we can expect another top 12 finish…….. hoefully number 1 ! MC Last year.

Longshot Masters Betslongshot golf bets

With so many past winners and great players in the field we should also look at the players who are at the higher end of the odds spectrum but could well be up there on Sunday evening. These players just missed our selections but you would do well to keep an eye on their progress as they may well just make someone rich this weekend ! Here are our Masters Longshot Betting Tips :

  • Miguel Jiminez – 150/1
  • Fred Couples – 125/1
  • Bill Haas – 80/1
  • Graham De Laet – 66/1

There will be a lot of 3-ball betting going on each day and we will post them at the start of each day to try and land some solid accumulators. All of the above odds are taken from paddypowers online bookies as they are one of the very few who are offering 6 places on this years event. Click the banner below and you could also start with a £50 FREE BET !

Paddypower Sports Betting

We would love to hear your thoughts on who your masters golf tips and bets are for the weekend. Let us know in the comments below and let’s make some money !!

7 Comments

  1. […] can see our full Masters 2014 Betting Tips article HERE but for now we want to concentrate on the Masters 1st round 3-balls tips betting where there is […]

  2. BBTipster

    The longshots look good !!!! Bill Haas leading after 1st round. Jiminez led for most of the day. looking good for the weekend.

  3. evilbow

    Adam Scott of to a good start but big big ask to win back to back at Agusta

  4. BBTipster

    Here’s a quick look at how these tips stand after day 1 with the leader sitting at 4 under par. :
    Main Tips :
    Garcia +2
    Day +3
    Mahan +2
    Matsuyama +8

    Longshots
    Haas -4 (currently leading)
    DeLaet +8
    Jiminez -1
    Couples -1

    The longshots all in brilliant shape after day 1 barring Delaet. Could be a big priced return if one of them lands.

  5. BBTipster

    Well it turned out to be a nice earner as longshot Miguel Jiminez finished 4th at MASSIVE odds of 150/1 which works out at just under 40/1 for his e/w place. Congratulations to anyone who took the tip and made it another profitable golf event !

  6. […] tips have been going really well lately and we bagged a nice 150/1 3rd place last week with our Masters Golf Tips. Lets hope we can continue our good form with our latest golf tips. Let’s start with the […]

  7. […] tips have been going really well lately and we bagged a nice 150/1 3rd place last week with our Masters Golf Tips. Lets hope we can continue our good form with our latest golf tips. This week on the U.S PGA tour […]